Game Day Rd18 Freo vs Geelong (Thursday Night Footy @ Optus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some good support from you guys Monday night 👍
5 day lockdown here in Vic couldn't start any better than a Docker win tonight.
Eagles losing was beautiful. I cannot communicate my gratitude for monday. the north melbourne football club was magnificent. it was our pleasure to cheer the kangas.

OK too much confidence around town. Getting nervy now.

Eastern Staters probably haven't watched a game of ours since the 2013 GF.

Would be very Dockery to stuff it all up and convince everyone we're irrelevant.

Bugger I hate this time before games. Can we win?

Need to get out of the blocks quickly. Back to days of caffeine pills before the game. Do they still do that?

Freo to have a scratch match drill for 10 minutes, before bounce down. Then they might be ready to go when the game starts.

Freo Footy Team, perennially late to start the contest.

OK too much confidence around town. Getting nervy now.

Eastern Staters probably haven't watched a game of ours since the 2013 GF.

Would be very Dockery to stuff it all up and convince everyone we're irrelevant.

Bugger I hate this time before games. Can we win?

We can, but tonight more than ever we need to start well. If we can get the crowd involved and take a decent lead into the first break we'll give ourselves a huge chance of getting the W. If Geelong get the jump on us i don't think they'll let us back into the game, old legs or not.

I worry though that the nerves you talk about are shared by the players; as previously mentioned our younger players haven't experienced high-pressure games like this before. This will be a big test of Longmuir's ability to get them psyched up.

Tipped Geelong by 3 goals so at least that's in our favour tonight.

Hard to get a read on this one, feels like a similar build up to Carlton and we ended up only starting to football properly half way through the second quarter. Hopefully Optus and a strong home crowd get them firing from the start.

Everything's set up for a classic underwhelming Freo performance but I bloody hope they prove me wrong.

The game im dreading is the one where we score f-all in the first qtr/half in an ugly spectacle, just basically get bullied, then manage a few cheapies when the games dead to make it look a little more reasonable. Lobb and Treacy can't allow them to take marks all day.

Hopefully the hype around the Carlton game was a good taster and we don't bungle this even bigger occasion up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK too much confidence around town.
Agreed, when the sentiment and expectation is high amongst Freo supporters. It's time to be ready for a let down. I'm hoping to lose all my money tonight but Geelong $1.80 was just too tempting to not take given the heightened expectation. Even WC supporters at work saying they expect Freo to win. That's a flashing red light with siren sounding.

Time for this side to stand up and be counted when the expectation is raised.
So far when there’s been any bit of positive build up or sense of expectation to perform on even a moderate stage, this young side have been found wanting. That’s understandable but the has to stop to be taken seriously.
At some point we need to take a big scalp.
Until we actually do it I can’t tip us.
Geelong by 12

Also if Sean Darcy stands up tonight and is BOG after all the smoke that’s been blown up his ass all week from the AFL media, then we really have a generational player on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back