Preview Rd19 2018 Richmond v Collingwood - The End of Days, Infinite Regression & the Protestant Reformation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Magpie Stephenson enjoys the Tiger rivalry

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/afl/young-magpie-stephenson-enjoys-the-tiger-rivalry-20180727-p4zu44.html

When Stephenson touched four premierships cups in the Collingwood foyer (1919, 1927-29) – all won in grand finals v Richmond – he was really touching an old enmity that, suddenly and unexpectedly, has been rendered relevant again.

MCG haven't changed there prediction all week even after it was deemed a sell out. All of the general public allocation is exhausted so it is up to the club members and MCC to show up. I think considering it's 2 huge Melbourne teams playing in a highly anticipated match enough of MCC and club members will go to get it over 90 K.

However big the hype and however much we think if "should" happen these games have a habit of coming in in the mid 80s. I reckon a couple of hundred one way or the other off the G estimate.

To Me the most important thing for me today is just the win. I don’t give a s**t about margins or moral victories just banking the 4 points. With everyone below us and WCE coughing and spluttering to the line, a win today sews up top 4 and next week can see up a top 2.
I expect Collingwood to be super competitive and If everyone wants to bang on about “moral victories” I don’t give a s**t if we have the 4 points.
Just win.

I'm feeling good about today's game. Collingwood will have to play at their very best to beat us. Reasons we'll win:
* Our back 6 are much, much better than their forwards. We've got plenty of match-ups we can move around. The only forward that concerns me is Hoskin-Elliott. If we shut him down, I think the pies struggle to get to 10 goals.
* Caddy can get off the leash this game. With Callum Moore out, Caddy becomes #2 target. If it's working, Jack will play decoy and let Caddy, Townsend and Dusty be the main target on a rotating basis. Darcy Moore is not match fit. If we keep Howe accountable (ideal role for Rioli or Castagna) then their defensive structures will fall apart.
* Our midfield knows they can get it done. Their midfield thinks they can get it done. We just bat deeper. As long as Grundy doesn't dominate then we'll grind them down through the day. Cotchin and Martin to have huge games.

Tigers by 30 points.

Dave P.

Injuries, fixturing and draws... uncontrollables and not worth talking about.
All I know is that it’s two huge clubs in good form and having good seasons shaping up to play the biggest game of the season in front of near on 100,000 on a Saturday afternoon.Glorious
Yet others who’s teams can’t keep up discuss changing the game all week to bring teams like this back to the field.
A game like this and numbers like this once meant the game is in great shape, television and the muppets on it though own the game now.
I agree heartily with your sentiments. But I think the muppets shouldn’t be associated with those narcissistic OCD commentators. Muppets were and are cool. Richmond and Collingwood are up and about, sold out MCG for a home and away game, it ain’t rocket science AFL apparatchiks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

needs to remove the concrete theyre training on first

even Jesus Burge wont be able to stop concrete injuries
Eddie would try go the more high profile version of Burge that’s more fitting of Collingwood status and try employ Will Ferrel.

37858906_1011489885686913_6781107238388891648_n.jpg

Essendon were 2nd last in the free kick differential and got looked after last night, i wonder if the team last in the free kick differential will get the same treatment against the team who are 1st in the free kick differential........................................yeah right, we are going to get reamed.

This is the state of umpiring at the moment, that you know not think you will get reamed and be proven correct, same teams get looked after weekly, same teams get reamed weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back