Preview Rd19: Changes and prematch discussion vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Father Time waits for no one and there has been older players to have fallen away in 2 months of football

The gamble at the time was whether or not this would happen to Booom

In 2017 he would not have made much difference in the end considering our injuries and form

Either he or the club would have looked to the future and likely said no that’s it

What a painful thread. Boomer is gone FFS. Turner and Hrovat are underperforming but we have no one to replace them with.

I would've like to see Murphy in for LMac but the other changes were fine.

LDU has plenty of poise but there is something missing atm, he doesn't seem to have a change in pace when he needs to gain a yard.

Unless forced through injury or suspension, it is never ideal to make more than 3 changes on any given week.

Scott will not start experimenting with youth while we are still in a position to play finals, nor should he.

In regards to tomorrow, I reckon we need to play Maj back. Hopefully Wood and JZ can stand up. Historically we respond well to a thumping, hoping we can tomorrow.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Laughable post...

Yeah all 500 possessions and 60 shots on goal = "cheapies"

We remember him as a champion who prepared well and played at a very good level for most of his career. You remember him as a downhill skier, who was a poor leader running around getting "cheapies"

The small forwards we have now arnt even qualified to tie Harveys boots. He would still do more damage than the lot of them...

Exactly. At the time there were only 3 players who averaged over 20 touches and a goal and half a game. He also had over 7 scored involvements game.

So if he was COOKED, is Robbie Gray having a bad 2018?

Exactly. At the time there were only 3 players who averaged over 20 touches and a goal and half a game. He also had over 7 scored involvements game.

So if he was COOKED, is Robbie Gray having a bad 2018?
As I said mate, laughable.

Old mate is carrying on like harvey was having a year like ats, kayne and the rat are having(and i mean all of them)... he never did the defensive work as he made up for it in pure offense.

Most teams waltz it out of our f50 like no one is there anyway, so i cant see the difference except for the 40 odd goals that is

In regards to tomorrow, I reckon we need to play Maj back. Hopefully Wood and JZ can stand up. Historically we respond well to a thumping, hoping we can tomorrow.

really? After the last three 10 goal thumpings we’ve lost the next game!

I'm quietly confident we'll get the job done.

Wood back in lets maj go back.

No Nicnat and Kennedy highly unlikely really upsets their team.

North by 7

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Swans look vulnerable with their Draw home

Scotts alleged stern words should have echoed through the skulls all week and an insipid effort from the bottom 10 again should see Foghorn Leghorn sharpening the axe come the first week of October

Still sticking to a 9 point win and for something different in 2018, a come from behind win of 21 points at 3/4 time

Turner is giving us nothing at small forward, it’s a shame Zurhaar is hurt, same goes for Garner obviously, but Walker walks straight into that spot for mine.

Jmac is a team leader (burst out laughing with me), so he won’t be dropped, play him on the wing in Lmac’s spot.

Drop Lmac for Murphy. I don’t care if he runs out of gas by the last quarter, we need to condition the team to play through him off half back. He should take kick in duty as well.

With Brown, Wood, and Walker forward, I’d trial Ziebell as a defender, you never know. He can help Marley out with the smaller types and that gives Thompson a week to get his face put back in place.
Tarrant, Maj and Ziebell is a strong goddamn backline.

Hrovat. Kills me. Hayden isn’t ready, but with the way our season is trending, I wouldn’t be against saying stuff it and play the kid for a quarter of whatever he’s got, and then live with the rest.
Rat is taking us nowhere.

I’ll be shocked if Preuss gets a game this season. Scott loves Goldy too much.

I’d love to drop Wright but we have no one else to come in for him, we really miss EVW. Maybe Neilsen?

What a stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realise that Todd is playing good footy and there is no need to drop him?

Are you watching Goliath S02 or Sharp Objects?
Yes to sharp objects.

Loved S1 of Goliath and very keen for S2 but holding off until Mrs blackshadow finishes S1.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise that Todd is playing good footy and there is no need to drop him?

Absolutely, but he’s closer to the end of his career while Preuss is closer to the beginning of his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it possible to both pay due reverence and respect to Boomer and also acknowledge that he was done? We needed to move on, and his lack of accountability at times was an issue. Replacements have not been all we hoped unfortunately. Hrovat looked alright last year, Tuner is a good player but something is wrong ATM, Garner always injured, Simpkin is a natural forward being played out of position imo, hopefully he is learning something but can be a bit hard to see exactly what.

Like last year, our half forwards and small forwards are all injured and our depth is s**t. Scott should play more kids but he won't change his structures, even when we could obviously use a refresh. Dunno. The first half of this year was grouse.

I feel a close loss coming on.

Oookkkay...

Cooked lol

A liability lol

500 possessions + 36 goals. No one in the current team is getting anywhere near that offensively. No one.

I dont even really care that boomer was retired, but replacing him with utter potatoes hasnt really worked imo, unless you value pressure acts more than goals and goal assists?

Wouldn’t be so bad if Turner was putting up some pressure acts but he is not doing that or scoring goals
So how does he stay in the team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back