Preview Rd2 Geelong V Hawthorn Fri 12 June 2020 7:50pm @ GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been struggling under the realisation (ably exposed by one Brian Taylor) that his last name is actually hyphenated. Par-Fitt. Not even his parents knew that.

Of all the abominations that BT has foisted upon the viewing (and listening) public, this travesty is by far the worst for mine. Just a pathetic attempt at humour that falls flatter than a Mackie miskick. And yet he repeats it ad nauseum (and that is truly the effect it produces) game after game after game.

I genuinely flinch every time I hear it and have resorted to turning down the volume whenever he is calling our games.

Just. Stop.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Selwood Duncan
Dahlhaus Hawkins Cockatoo
Ablett Ratagolea Miers
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Rohan Parfitt Narkle Jenkins
Emer: Guthrie Constable Atkins Menegola

If Cocky doesn't play I reckon it will be Atkins

Had a change of role last season with more time up the ground as opposed to the small forward role of the first 2 years, he didn't look to have the same time and space to me last season and probable had a job or two defensively as well, we may start to reap the rewards this year.Yeah best 22 but not yet a lock in my book others may have differing views.
Ultimately just think Narkle went past him myself, only so many spots for his type of player with how deep our midfield bats, has a bit to work on IMHO.

Ultimately just think Narkle went past him myself, only so many spots for his type of player with how deep our midfield bats, has a bit to work on IMHO.
Narkle can find the footy but he's a butcher by foot compared to Parfitt,hope he has worked on that over the break.

Narkle does not work hard enough defensively for mine. Very exciting with it... not so much without it.
Parfitt seems to add more on the accountability side thus far - luv to see both lift that side of their game. Just comes down to work rate and hopefully they both have lifted it.

Go Catters

Narkle can find the footy but he's a butcher by foot compared to Parfitt,hope he has worked on that over the break.
I see Narkles foot skills as good. I think Parfitt butchers the ball. Doesn't have much penetration.

I see Narkles foot skills as good. I think Parfitt butchers the ball. Doesn't have much penetration.
I dont think either are butchers really.... I think they lose touch under pressure sometimes and try to be too cute - but they have pretty decent skills for mine.
Id say both are 45m kicks at best however... agree there....

GO Catters

I dont think either are butchers really.... I think they lose touch under pressure sometimes and try to be too cute - but they have pretty decent skills for mine.

GO Catters

Apart from Tommy, do we have any dedicated, experienced forwards that can kick over 45m?

O'Connor Blicavs Kolo
Stewart Taylor Tuohy
Clark Selwood Duncan
Dahlhaus Hawkins Cockatoo
Ablett Ratagolea Miers
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Rohan Parfitt Narkle Jenkins
Emer: Guthrie Constable Atkins Menegola

If Cocky doesn't play I reckon it will be Atkins

Henry for Jenkins
Atkins for Cockatoo
Guthrie for Steven

GO Catters
The preseason game this year v Gold Coast Narkle never hit a target in the first half and most missed by more than 20 mts.I was at the game I wonder if it got commented on here in the gameday thread,not sure how to access that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have got no idea of the form - and didnt even both to watch the loss against GWS

However i reckon Jenkins could be suited by the Geel ground - i wouldnt even mind seeing Jenkins in the forward pocket alongside Hawkins - ok you can say their too slow - however at KP i havent seen an opposition full back do a David Dench - run from the true FB position - straight up the centre - having 3-4 bounces - it just doesnt seem to happen

Im not saying that Tom and Josh paired together are going to do a Michael Roach and big Clokey in the 80GF but it would be interesting to see how they go in tandem at the Geel ground

I have got no idea of the form - and didnt even both to watch the loss against GWS

However i reckon Jenkins could be suited by the Geel ground - i wouldnt even mind seeing Jenkins in the forward pocket alongside Hawkins - ok you can say their too slow - however at KP i havent seen an opposition full back do a David Dench - run from the true FB position - straight up the centre - having 3-4 bounces - it just doesnt seem to happen

Im not saying that Tom and Josh paired together are going to do a Michael Roach and big Clokey in the 80GF but it would be interesting to see how they go in tandem at the Geel ground
Interesting, the only FB's I've seen do that at Geelong were in fact Scarlett, and Scotty Thompson for NM, who also knows that ground well.

Interesting, the only FB's I've seen do that at Geelong were in fact Scarlett, and Scotty Thompson for NM, who also knows that ground well.

Yeah good call on Scotty Thompson - as evidenced by his last game at that ground - where he was nearly BOG till he got injured

Alot of commentators - and Big Footy posters ( ha ) have jumped on the bandwagon re rubbishing the KP ground in the last 2-3 years ( probably coincides with Geelongs top record their for past 15 years ) - saying you know - its too narrow - its this and that - however what they dont cotton onto - and totally ignore - is how difficult it is for opposition teams kicking for goal on an exposed ground - where their is plenty of breeze

You take the City end goals - opposition player 45 metres out - set shot - on a slight angle - they have got no idea where to aim - it is a pure guess - is it the centre of the goals - left hand / right hand side goal post - or do they have to give the goals away - and aim for the middle of the points - allowing for the wind . Thats why alot of opposition teams struggle down their - but instead blame the narrow shape of the ground

The preseason game this year v Gold Coast Narkle never hit a target in the first half and most missed by more than 20 mts.I was at the game I wonder if it got commented on here in the gameday thread,not sure how to access that.

here you go

Preseason are preview, game day and review combined.

GO Catters

Ratagolea will be fortunate to hold his spot,not giving us much at all.
true.. but with no VFL to do and the need for game expereince .... do you send him back to training only or keep putting him up...?

There is a tipping point where enough is enough... but given big forwards (rucks) take the longest to get going on average...id keep him out there for now.
I guess who'd we rather have in his spot? Sav, Kruger or Jenkins?
And if we are rebulding on the run, Jenkins misses that cut.
If its talent and potential, it prob Sav then Krueger.
If its experience its Jenkins.

No easy pick.

GO Catters

Last edited:
Ages ago I remember Marty McKinnon playing on Modra at KP ran up the ground, and kicked a goal too.

Ages ago I remember Marty McKinnon playing on Modra at KP ran up the ground, and kicked a goal too.
Pretty sure I saw Ben Graham kick a goal from kicking out from FB.

Not really, but he would have gone close!!

Dont see why we gave JJ 2 years if we didnt intend to play him, pick the bloke and see how it goes over a prolonged period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back