Votes: 94 51.4%
  • Jack Graham

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ahh you're right, it was... I was just thinking of a power-house team at the time... it was the Eagles, not the chumps at Port who were no good that year.
Yep. That West Coast game was the best match of the year I thought. The best part about our comeback was it started in the second quarter before the rain started.

Yeah... port in 19 at the G was a sunny uneventful day we lead all game in cruise control.
One of the more relaxed days at the footy that I can remember. Never at any stage was there a chance we would lose.

Had a look at the replay.
Hawks crumpled across half back due to the relentless pressure.
Jiath was great for the Hawks though.
Have to encourage a player like that to use initiative.
One of the highlights was the Pickett chase down and tackle.
Dimma says Vlaustin likely to return.
In: Vlaustin out: Caddy omission.

Dimma says Vlaustin likely to return.
In: Vlaustin out: Caddy omission.
I thought Caddy played a decent game.

I reckon it's more likely Arts or maybe Pickett who goes out for Vlastuin.

On form it should be Rioli, but...well, you know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney Swans: 18.13.121
Adelaide Crows: 11.22.88

33 scoring shots to 31

Whilst this game looked great to watch there was zero pressure in the game

I think the swannie kids are going to find the game this week a very different game

The brisbane game was the same.

First half against the swans will be even then it will be all Richmond.

My take aways from the game on Sunday...
- we're winning games without getting out of second gear. Whenever the hawks kicked a goal we seemed to lift our intensity. Not sure whether this is a conscious choice the players (or Dimma giving his directive to 'rasie the fight' after a goal??) but otherwise it looked like we were cruising
- midfielders look to all be moving very well - Bolton, prestia, Graham, shedda, lambert, Kmc and of course dusty look in great nick - although the connection with the forwards needs to improve - lots of bombing away when good leads were going unrewarded
- Picket fumbles a lot but he does a lot of good things, moves well and is hard
- Our defense is looking great but hasn't been tested yet - but a great start to the year having a couple of 'easy' games to lead in and build touch and confidence.
- Cotch moving well but rusty with his disposal - expecting him to be better this week
- we're killing it out of the centre which sets up some easy goals - this is a massive weapon for us
- Ruck combo with Nank and Balta seems to be working well - the defense manages to cover Balta when he goes in
- Rioli is an enigma to me - I did like his pressure at times and did some good unrewarded running, pressure and causing errors and could've kicked 4 if he'd kicked like he normally does but I still feel he has more to give.
- not sure who goes out for vas and houli - its a good problem to have.
- We have a very tough run ahead - altho should beat Sydney - then have port, saints, bulldogs, cats I think - after that if we have no serious injury crisis - we should consider resting and rotating players - and give Martyn, Ross, Ralph-smith, RCD, Dow, CCJ blocks of games. This will keep our midfield fresh and develop our depth players
- oppo teams are going to start some funky s**t with Dusty - media hype is reaching new heights and there is a stop dusty / stop richmond vibe going on.
- new rules seem to suit our style and we have adapted well

not sure who goes out for vas and houli - its a good problem to have.
I think it will be Arts for Vlas this week.

As for who goes out when Houli comes back, it may just come down to whoever us unlucky enough to be slightly out of touch at the time from Pickett, Caddy, McIntosh.

I do this most weeks, usually while im taking a crap at work. Use the votes and work it out like a puzzle who may have voted for who

like a sedokpoo

Buddy apparently may not play. Horse wouldn't confirm whether he was in today and given they then have a 5 day break before playing Essendon (obviously a much more winnable game), maybe he gets rested against us so he's right to kick 17 against the Dons?
Will be interesting and will give insight into where they think they're at - big roll of the dice to play buddy (and try to knock off the champs and go 3-0) then go buddy-less against the bombers the following week (high risk / high reward) - or keep buddy fresh and bank the win against the bombers.

Its especially risky because often players coming back from a long stint off - play well first week and then struggle the second.

Swans traditionally play safe and smart - I think they'll give buddy the week off - take an honourable loss this week and load up against the bombers.

Pickett has to go IMO, massive turnover merchant. Yeah sure he hits hard etc but his kicking is woeful.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's the one to go. On form it would be one of Aarts, Pickett or Rioli, I would have thought.

My take aways from the game on Sunday...
- we're winning games without getting out of second gear. Whenever the hawks kicked a goal we seemed to lift our intensity. Not sure whether this is a conscious choice the players (or Dimma giving his directive to 'rasie the fight' after a goal??) but otherwise it looked like we were cruising
- midfielders look to all be moving very well - Bolton, prestia, Graham, shedda, lambert, Kmc and of course dusty look in great nick - although the connection with the forwards needs to improve - lots of bombing away when good leads were going unrewarded
- Picket fumbles a lot but he does a lot of good things, moves well and is hard
- Our defense is looking great but hasn't been tested yet - but a great start to the year having a couple of 'easy' games to lead in and build touch and confidence.
- Cotch moving well but rusty with his disposal - expecting him to be better this week
- we're killing it out of the centre which sets up some easy goals - this is a massive weapon for us
- Ruck combo with Nank and Balta seems to be working well - the defense manages to cover Balta when he goes in
- Rioli is an enigma to me - I did like his pressure at times and did some good unrewarded running, pressure and causing errors and could've kicked 4 if he'd kicked like he normally does but I still feel he has more to give.
- not sure who goes out for vas and houli - its a good problem to have.
- We have a very tough run ahead - altho should beat Sydney - then have port, saints, bulldogs, cats I think - after that if we have no serious injury crisis - we should consider resting and rotating players - and give Martyn, Ross, Ralph-smith, RCD, Dow, CCJ blocks of games. This will keep our midfield fresh and develop our depth players
- oppo teams are going to start some funky sh*t with Dusty - media hype is reaching new heights and there is a stop dusty / stop richmond vibe going on.
- new rules seem to suit our style and we have adapted well
Agree with the stop Richmond and dusty vibe lolol , gone into overkill , but tbh it works for us. Our players love the us vs them mentality. What would be worse is if everyone just ignored it and just praised us lulling us into a false sense of security. Though I do believe we can combat that easily

Back