Preview Rd20: Changes and prematch discussion vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect we’ll need Ziebell to do some crunching in the middle, since Higgins is out. W8 being back helps that. I know we don’t like Z in the guts anymore. However, Higgins is a huge out for our midfield.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, but I don't think he is as big an out now as earlier in the year. With the rise of Ahern and Anderson combined with Ben10 and Goldy's form I think we have some pretty good coverage. Combine that with Simpkin and Dumont who can also pitch hit in the centre and I'd prefer to leave JZ forward.

I really feel that with some players potentially coming back in (W8 this week and hopefully Jacobs in 1-2) and the team finding some form we may just get on a bit of a form run coming into the end of the season.

I also don't think some people realise the significance of W8 and Wood coming back into the side. They are huge for our structure and to allow BBB to get the one on ones that he needs to kick goals. If we can get Jacobs back in the next week or two we could be very dangerous.

I think we might see Turner or Hrovat replacing Higgin's role.
JZ is more of a inside mid, 1 step kick to get out of congestion, Higgins is your hanging out side the pack, run and carry guy
Turner was in good nick last week, hope it continues.
Big game for Clark this week can hopefully step up

as anyone who has tinkered with the Ladder predictor will know/
it is quite possible for us to finish right in the middle of the 8
Have to win this week no doubt but last week was good and we will soon see if we have turned the corner..
If W8 can play out the rest of the season happy to let him go round again expecting another 8-10 games out of him
as for this week yeah wld be OK with LDU

Biggest threat to us finishing top 8 is Hawthorn IMO.

We will need them to drop games.

I think we might see Turner or Hrovat replacing Higgin's role.
JZ is more of a inside mid, 1 step kick to get out of congestion, Higgins is your hanging out side the pack, run and carry guy
Up until last week I would have 100% agreed with your assessment of Higgins. However, having witnessed him literally “monstering” at pace out of the middle on a couple of occasions, I’m changing my mind. He’s moving into Dangerfield “in his pomp” territory now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Up until last week I would have 100% agreed with your assessment of Higgins. However, having witnessed him literally “monstering” at pace out of the middle on a couple of occasions, I’m changing my mind. He’s moving into Dangerfield “in his pomp” territory now.
I know what you mean, but do remember he is getting hard tagged, so he had to get the ball himself a few times, and looked bloody majestic doing it.

Biggest threat to us finishing top 8 is Hawthorn IMO.

We will need them to drop games.

We need 1 loss, 2 for insurance.

Think Geelong deliver us 1. Hopefully Essendon and Sydney can make 3. Saints need to show something.

NMFC-header.png

If
big Ben doesn't kick a bag soon ...

then
his one-time hard grasp on the Coleman will continue to slip away. Not that he'd care, provided the Roos keep winning and make finals. Waite returning is big in many ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of LMac as a tagger and let Benny run riot when he gets back. He'll pick up 40 plus not having to worry about applying a hard tag.

Turner to half back.

Williams Tarrant Wright
Turner Daw McMillan
Thompson
Clarke Cunners Anderson
Zeibell Brown Wood
Waite Simpkin

On ball: Goldy Ahern LMac

Ic: Walker, Atley, Dumont, Hrovat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad