• Poll closed .

Tiges1229

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 26, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Short answer - no.
Long answer - no.

How many of the those mistakes was Menadue (and other fringe players) involved in?

From memory one piece of play , Edwards was one of them turned it over in our forward line , then Cats get it down to there Half forward line where Menadue was easily pushed off the contest and they ran it down for a goal .

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
As far as I'm concerned, Stick Prestia and Graham in the center and it does enough to inhibit the Cats in the center corridor that the game dynamic changes enormously in our favour.

The Cats might have come very close last week, but they don't worry me anywhere near as much as GWS.

But as for handing the keys to the trophy cabinet, I just go back to what Dimma says about learning more from your losses than your victories. By extension you learn more from an "almost loss" than you do from pantsing the opposition. So I think last week's game will teach us some lessons that will be invaluable over the remainder of the season. Geelong might well have done more to help than to harm our flag chances by exposing a few places in which our game can be improved. I don't believe they gave cause to think they've got our measure.
Agree.At the end of the day we should have won by 4 goals last Friday.Geelong doesn't worry me at all.

Teams that take us on through corridor generally trouble us, PROVIDING they execute it almost flawlessly.
If a team chooses to play that way against us though and makes mistakes, the turnovers will kill them.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Corridor always seen as a risky venture as a turnover leaves you wide open to a counter hence why generally teams will only try as a last resort. To have a whole game plan based around this strategy is playing with fire but at the moment it seems teams are willing to try anything given they arent expecting to beat us playing traditionally.

Agsinst the Cats we simply didnt adjust very well, am sure Dimma and Co knew what they were doing but for some reason we didnt adapt well. Good experience prior to finals and to place what happened in our memory banks for the next time a team takes us on the same way, am sure it wont be as succesful. Having said this we did force turnovers a number of times in the corridor but poor execution meant we didnt punish them on the scoreboard.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
teams that take the game on through the corridor trouble everyone if they execute. we generally take the corridor away from oppos better than anyone, our positioning on Friday was a bit off, lazy at times, generally when we were looking comfortable on the scoreboard
I think the WC and Geelong games were a little different (as you would expect with 2 different teams).
Yes they both used the corridor which is the key, but the Eagles used precise kicking and fast movement to get it to their power forwards 1 on 1.
Geelong took big risks, mainly late in the game where they kicked it long to contests and got out the back.
I think a slight adjustment to our set up to cover this should stop them getting so many easy ones out the back, but easier said than done. Also, if we had more than halved some of those contests the ball is quickly going back our way.

Scott made the comment a lot needs to go right for us to win, I think he was a bit blind to the fact that a lot was going right for Geelong in those last 10 minutes for them to be that close in the end.

I actually think he has it backwards, a lot needs to go wrong for us to lose. We need not only our guns to be off but also a big number of our next tier as we have such an even contribution these days (not 3-4 star mids like Geelol), we need to miss a heap of shots on goal as we nearly always generate a heap of F50 entries and shots on goal and have the oppo's capitalize on a bigger percentage of their F50 entries.

I was actually thinking how much the tables have turned, we used to be able to beat top teams when we were mid table by using specific tactics, we now don't really appear to have specific tactics for teams, we play our way and they have to come up with ways of beating us at our game.
This is what happens when you are the best.
Still taking some getting used to!!

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Teams that take us on through corridor generally trouble us, PROVIDING they execute it almost flawlessly.
If a team chooses to play that way against us though and makes mistakes, the turnovers will kill them.

One of the commentators (Ling?) said as much when we played GWS in the Prelim last year. Basically said that whilst we were scoring using some pretty scrappy football the only way GWS could score was by using perfect football -- and we weren't allowing them to play perfect football.

GWS at their best can kill us through the center, but when we play at our best GWS won't be able to play at theirs. Like last year, they won't be playing perfect footy in the corridor and we should hurt them badly on the turnover.

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
teams that take the game on through the corridor trouble everyone if they execute. we generally take the corridor away from oppos better than anyone, our positioning on Friday was a bit off, lazy at times, generally when we were looking comfortable on the scoreboard
To be fair, pulling off flawless corridor play will beat any team.

We have lost just 4 times this year and I'm sure many other teams have tried it against us and failed. We were off by 5-10% on Friday night and still won, albeit we ran out of legs and they had the world's most biased umpires all night (says a lot when a random North Melbourne fan is one of the first posters for that night in our umpiring thread...)

Look out when we get our team back and we kick into gear. We're the first to admit our depth isn't perhaps as good/level as others, but our best 22-24 is scary good.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
That became more evident after the Eagles game especially the way Nic Nat played Grigg at center bounces, and its interesting dimma doesnt appear to be doing to much to counter it yet. The media led by Maulthouse are hell bent on telling the world our game style can be busted, but they must be gigantic fools if they think Dimma and Carcella dont know that and have a contigncy in palce. I would bet my bottom dollar plan B will swing into action mayby against the Bomber but certainly against the Dogs giving other finalist minimal time to come up with an immediate plan to counter it.

Nop returns

Cancelled
Jul 6, 2018
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
SPURS, NY Yankees
Corridor always seen as a risky venture as a turnover leaves you wide open to a counter hence why generally teams will only try as a last resort. To have a whole game plan based around this strategy is playing with fire but at the moment it seems teams are willing to try anything given they arent expecting to beat us playing traditionally.

Agsinst the Cats we simply didnt adjust very well, am sure Dimma and Co knew what they were doing but for some reason we didnt adapt well. Good experience prior to finals and to place what happened in our memory banks for the next time a team takes us on the same way, am sure it wont be as succesful. Having said this we did force turnovers a number of times in the corridor but poor execution meant we didnt punish them on the scoreboard.

Scott the dumb arse played his cards. He showed other sides how to trouble Richmond which gives Dimma time to plan. Stupid arrogant campaigner

fanatigger

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Yep typical Gary Lying , wouldn’t expect anything else from someone who bangs his best mates wife and thinks it’s okay to do . campaigner
I think he’s judgement and character is flawed for sure. Also had a hand in two of Melbourne’s coaches in Bailey and neeld. So his opinion to me is irrelevant. Just because he’s good at talking doesn’t make his opinions more valid.

Thrasher97

🏆🏆🏆
Jul 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
giphy.gif

This is what i see when i see Chris Scott carrying on in the coaches box, such a clown

Back