Preview Rd21 2018 Gold Coast v Richmond 2:10pm @ Metricon Stadium "The Game that Stops a Nation"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
928506_thumb_326x184.jpg

The game, and the preview, we have all been waiting for.
The ramifications of this game will shape the season as we know it.

We have the Richmond Football Club, the powerhouse of the competition, sitting atop the ladder like they have the majority of this season. A game and percentage clear ahead of second-placed West Coast, with the Giants two and a half games back in third.
Record membership of over 100,000 members, coming off a Premiership and looking strong contenders to go back to back.

We also have the Gold Coast... They are... ummm, young? Yeah, that's right, they are young! Filled with talen... wait no, not quite, well maybe Weller.
Strong leadershi... well, that's not right either. One of their captains has requested a trade, the other is looking likely to leave as well and couldn't control the young players in the team from vilifying said departing captain. Plus their coaching situation has been a revolving door.
Don't get me started on Mark Evans either, goodness me.
They do have great facilities up there though, that are really starting to attract younger players to come to the clu... Crap! That's not right either! Player agents have come up and have said that they will recommend that their players don't entertain moving up to the Gold Coast.

I guess the weather is nice up there, apart from the cyclones and stuff, but I digress.

Onto this belter of a game, which might be a pretty decent game... There's a chance anyway! Have some faith people! I'll be endeavoring to tune into the game like I do every weekend, but I am slightly torn. I've been known to enjoy a bit of 'Pokemon Go' in my free time and this weekend, it will be a back to back Community Day on Saturday and Sunday between 1pm and 4pm where I could potentially catch a few Shiny Eevee's! This is important because Eevee's have a wide range of evolution options, so I need to ensure my Pokedex reaps the benefits of these Community Days.

Oh yeah, the game. Would love to see a bit more of this...
Cellis1.gif CEllis2.gif CEllis4.gif
MADfZTC.gif

CORZAAAAA! What a mark!!! My man! (Please get another contract and grow back the beard)

Also, bit of this would be fun...
BPto7JV.gif
xVHQ2E6.gif

Special thanks to Hate for the content.

As you might be able to tell, I'm a bit ECO (emotionally checked out for those unaware of the abbreviation) about this game. It seems like we are just counting down the days until the real stuff starts... FINALS FOOTY!
We need to win this to secure a home final, so its pretty imperative that we do so.

There's no point of going through matchups, or who needs to play well or anything like that, as we outclass them all over the field.

Just win and get that % up higher to further cement top spot and a potential minor Premiership.

No injuries thanks...

*Plus a sneaky Corey Ellis selection - love you TigerImposter

Last edited by a moderator:
928506_thumb_326x184.jpg

We have the Richmond Football Club, the powerhouse of the competition, sitting atop the ladder like they have the majority of this season. A game and percentage clear ahead of second-placed West Coast, with the Giants two and a half games back in third.
Record membership of over 100,000 members, coming off a Premiership and looking strong contenders to go back to back.

We also have the Gold Coast... They are... ummm, young? Yeah, that's right, they are young! Filled with talen... wait no, not quite, well maybe Weller.
Strong leadershi... well, that's not right either. One of their captains has requested a trade, the other is looking likely to leave as well and couldn't control the young players in the team from vilifying said departing captain. Plus their coaching situation has been a revolving door.
They do have great facilities up there though, that are really starting to attract younger players to come to the clu... Crap! That's not right either! Player agents have come up and have said that they will recommend that their players don't entertain moving up to the Gold Coast.

I guess the weather is nice up there, apart from the cyclones and stuff, but I digress.

Onto this belter of a game, which might be a pretty decent game... There's a chance anyway! Have some faith people! I'll be endeavoring to tune into the game like I do every weekend, but I am slightly torn. I've been known to enjoy a bit of 'Pokemon Go' in my free time and this weekend, it will be a back to back Community Day on Saturday and Sunday between 1pm and 4pm where I could potentially catch a few Shiny Eevee's! This is important because Eevee's have a wide range of evolution options, so I need to ensure my Pokedex reaps the benefits of these Community Days.

View attachment 539288 View attachment 539289 View attachment 539290
MADfZTC.gif

CORZAAAAA! What a mark!!! My man! (Please get another contract and grow back the beard)

BPto7JV.gif
xVHQ2E6.gif

As you might be able to tell, I'm a bit ECO (emotionally checked out for those unaware of the abbreviation) about this game. It seems like we are just counting down the days until the real stuff starts... FINALS FOOTY!
We need to win this to secure a home final, so its pretty imperative that we do so.

There's no point of going through matchups, or who needs to play well or anything like that, as we outclass them all over the field.

Just win and get that % up higher to further cement top spot and a potential minor Premiership.

No injuries thanks...

Nice preview Prodigy and I wouldn’t be concerned with selection this week as we’re basically playing a VFL side.
I reckon Aarts and Silvestro could perform adequately this weekend. ;)

928506_thumb_326x184.jpg

View attachment 539288 View attachment 539289 View attachment 539290
MADfZTC.gif

BPto7JV.gif
xVHQ2E6.gif

No injuries thanks...

Corey Ellis should definately be played this week, One of our most talented and Silky young players thats just about to explode and have his breakout game, He will be extremely sought after this year being out of contract.

Just hope we sign him up before his value goes through the roof and with Lynch coming could cause a squeeze

I've been trying work out what eco means for a while now. Four premiership players back this week will be nice.

Nice preview Prodigy and I wouldn’t be concerned with selection this week as we’re basically playing a VFL side.
I reckon Aarts and Silvestro could perform adequately this weekend. ;)

Silvestro best Player in the twos without an AFL contract mate.

We will do enough for the 4 points.
Premiership is on the boys mind and not a belting.

Can see us pulling away early and then holding for the rest of the game. It will be very boring viewing.

Tiges by 34.

Gold Coast in an upset proving Chris Scott right. GC by 1 point (being a kick after the siren ala K Hunt).

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

nice work prodigy

If you name your Evee 'Pyro' prior to evolving it you will get a Flareon.

Name it 'sparky and you will get a Jolteon

Name is 'Rainer' and get a Vaporeon

Tigers by 45

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be watching carefully as we come out a bit flat - GC actually show some fight and lead us at half time.
We respond and get 30 in front then cue the rack in the 4th, GC get 3 late junk time goals and we win by 13...

& we get a couple of soft tissues to key players.... - :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back