Preview Rd21 vs Sydney - Changes & prematch discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The rest of our season will be a trial in many ways but the coach will want the side to do as well as it can and have no thought for the future. It needs us to do as well as we can, for his future.

I want to see all the young blokes to get a run and players to thrown around and given new instructions, which may mean we lose by 5 goals more but it may uncover something that we all have missed.

I still want Larkey to have a run down back for example.

The rest of our season will be a trial in many ways but the coach will want the side to do as well as it can and have no thought for the future. It needs us to do as well as we can, for his future.

I want to see all the young blokes to get a run and players to thrown around and given new instructions, which may mean we lose by 5 goals more but it may uncover something that we all have missed.

I still want Larkey to have a run down back for example.
Taking our only fully fit genuine kpf and shoving him down back sounds horrible tbh.

The Kangaroos will host the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium to celebrate the 25-year (+1) anniversary of the 1996 premiership.

Come and see our flag heroes as they salute the fans in a lap of honour, while dual premiership coach Denis Pagan will be on hand to present life memberships to Stuart Anderson, Matthew Capuano, Glenn Freeborn, Mark Roberts, Robert Scott and Peter Bell

The Kangaroos will host the Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium to celebrate the 25-year (+1) anniversary of the 1996 premiership.

Come and see our flag heroes as they salute the fans in a lap of honour, while dual premiership coach Denis Pagan will be on hand to present life memberships to Stuart Anderson, Matthew Capuano, Glenn Freeborn, Mark Roberts, Robert Scott, Peter Bell and JASON HORNE-FRANCIS. There will also be a special presentation to Nathan Thompson for his contribution of 60 sexual games for the club.
Fixed.

Why? Why VFL? Thats stupid. Just play him in the 1’s.
Might be two runs in the VFL and then back in for the last game against the Suns to finish off the season.

Early Saturday game and announce Clarko the night before would see a massive packed Marvel house you would think..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

General vibe of the thing. Been out for a year, just had covid, we aren't exactly contending, I'd rather play it safe with him and give him a run in an easier environment to allow him to shake off some rust and get back in the swing of it before the return game

Any player that misses over a year of footy would be

In fact players missing even a few weeks are brought back through the VFL
Doesn’t matter his dusty form, or easing him back into it, play him for 35% game time? Its not going to make a lick of difference, the comeback will be enormous straight back into the 1’s. He is not an average football player. He is a superstar and he will be fit enough for short bursts. Play him in the 1’s.

north-melbourne.jpg

The Kangaroos should have Aidan Corr, Paul Curtis and Aaron Hall back from the AFL's health and safety protocols, while Flynn Perez will return from suspension. However, Jack Mahony and Lachie Young will be touch-and-go after testing positive to COVID-19 later than their teammates. Jackson Archer is battling a hip complaint, while Phoenix Spicer and Kayne Turner were only introduced late in last week's loss to the Bombers. They could find themselves on the outer this week. Tarryn Thomas returned from personal leave with 26 disposals and six tackles in the VFL and should return to the senior frame. Defensive duo Kallan Dawson and Josh Walker could find their spots in the 23 tough to retain, while Charlie Lazzaro could be forced into the sub role due to the stack of inclusions. Expect much-loved veteran Ben Cunnington to finally make his first appearance of the season through the VFL.

R20 medical substitute: Josh Walker (unused)

Verdict: Corr, Curtis, Hall, Perez and Thomas to return for Archer, Spicer, Turner, Dawson and Walker, with Lazzaro to shift into the sub role. – Riley Beveridge

sydney.jpg

The Swans have won four on the trot and with no injuries it's hard to see them making a change to face North Melbourne. After sitting as the unused medical sub against GWS, Josh Kennedy then laced up the boots to gather 26 disposals in the VFL and continue applying pressure. Ben Ronke (20 touches and three goals) and Hayden McLean (three goals) also pressed their cases.

R20 medical substitute: Josh Kennedy (unused)

Verdict: Unchanged. – Michael Whiting

YOU ONLY have to look at the quality of the players who can't break into Sydney's best 22 at the moment to understand why it has emerged as a serious premiership contender over the past month.

Three-time All-Australian Josh Kennedy, top five draft picks Logan McDonald and Braeden Campbell, prominent ruck recruit Peter Ladhams, 161-game defender Harry Cunningham.

It's a list that would be the envy of many clubs and a sign of the Swans' strength as they’ve gone on a four-game winning run and elevated into the top four, three weeks out from the finals.

I'll be going to the Irish sports bar to watch the game again this week. It's the perfect place for a despondent fan. Instead of sitting at home and wanting to destroy the tv I can have good food and drink, listen to a Chinese Malaysian couple playing Irish music and follow the Irish custom of saying shite often.
Go Roos

510cgXO80aL._AC_SY580_.jpg

My Wish for todays team announcement

In:
Perez
Cunnington
Curtis
Corr
TT
Hall

Out:
Dawson
Turner
Spicer
Lazzaro
Archer
Bonar

Would be our strongest side of the year

My Wish for todays team announcement

In:
Perez
Cunnington
Curtis
Corr
TT
Hall

Out:
Dawson
Turner
Spicer
Lazzaro
Archer
Bonar

Would be our strongest side of the year
And it means our back 6 would be McKay, Perez, LMac, Hall, Corr, and Scott/Sleevo. Excuse me while I vomit into my cornflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back