RD23 ins and out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well.....I think Hargrave should get a last game for sure if he is fit.

Flogging a dead horse I feel but I would love either or both Hill and Panos to get a game.

Otherwise, play as many kids as is practicle. I wouldn't be worrying about Sherman or DJ. DJ was ok last week...but just can't see it with him....maybe I'm wrong.

Well.....I think Hargrave should get a last game for sure if he is fit.

Flogging a dead horse I feel but I would love either or both Hill and Panos to get a game.

Otherwise, play as many kids as is practicle. I wouldn't be worrying about Sherman or DJ. DJ was ok last week...but just can't see it with him....maybe I'm wrong.

Only disappointing thing for Hargrave is that it isn't at home, where he can get a proper send off.

Good to see the continual flogging of that (well and truly) dead horse. I agree, would like to see something different up forward. Amazed it took so long to be mentioned....

I actually think that DJ had his best game for us last week, I'm happy for him to keep playing if he keeps that up. If he's absolute pants this week, I suspect it's all over for him...

ok this isnt anything against hargrave, because every club does it, but i dont get the idea of the send off game other then a true club champion.

this is business and the club is here to win premierships, so what would be better giving one last game to a retiring player or to a guy who may be on the list next year and get alot out of that one game?

ok this isnt anything against hargrave, because every club does it, but i dont get the idea of the send off game other then a true club champion.

this is business and the club is here to win premierships, so what would be better giving one last game to a retiring player or to a guy who may be on the list next year and get alot out of that one game?
I do agree, but I can't see them opting out of giving a 200+ game club faithful a send-off game. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree....it sends a message to the group that we look after those that did the hard yards....Hargrave has played over 200 games....he's not just anyone.
id rather the send a message to the players saying that we mean business and the things we do now, is going to make us a better team next year. and that might mean playing a young player over a retiring player.

If we had a chance to play finals that would be fine but when you are at bottom of ladder 1 game does not really matter especially when we don't exactly have anyone banging down the door for selection and when we don't want to win due to where we sit in the draft, Hargrave will give up 4-5 of his turnover specials to aid that, just better not pull a Crofty in his last.

Pre-trade game - trying to up his value marginally.

We all see how bad he's been, potential suitors are not blind although you did say marginally. Can't see us getting any more than a 4th and we'd probably have to do a partial payment to his next club in 2013 to sweeten it.

If we had a chance to play finals that would be fine but when you are at bottom of ladder 1 game does not really matter especially when we don't exactly have anyone banging down the door for selection and when we don't want to win due to where we sit in the draft, Hargrave will give up 4-5 of his turnover specials to aid that, just better not pull a Crofty in his last.
Shaggy to full forward mwahaha

WTF has happened to Vez. Another dissappearing act?
I just don't think he works anywhere near hard enough. Has undoubted talent but just hasn't developed, and I can't see it not being his fault. He's been on an AFL list for five years now, he should've developed, but he's actually gone downhill. Shame, we could have used his pace and flair. Think he'll be delisted.

I just don't think he works anywhere near hard enough. Has undoubted talent but just hasn't developed, and I can't see it not being his fault. He's been on an AFL list for five years now, he should've developed, but he's actually gone downhill. Shame, we could have used his pace and flair. Think he'll be delisted.
Your right but i would have thought the last few games would be a perfect chance for him. Especially now that JJ is out. There have been worse players this year, he had a few good games and a few bad ones. I know he was injured at some stage but that was ages ago. Does anyone know if has been playing at Willi?

I'm hoping the MC have put him away to work on his fitness (if so we should be told) and next year will be make or break for him. Hence why others have been given games ahead of him who may be delisted this year.

Your right but i would have thought the last few games would be a perfect chance for him. Especially now that JJ is out. There have been worse players this year, he had a few good games and a few bad ones. I know he was injured at some stage but that was ages ago. Does anyone know if has been playing at Willi?

I'm hoping the MC have put him away to work on his fitness (if so we should be told) and next year will be make or break for him. Hence why others have been given games ahead of him who may be delisted this year.
Fair point, but I'm not entirely sure he deserves another year - he has been given ample opportunity, and if the problem really is his work rate, another year isn't going to make a difference. If he's going to be kept on he needs a good old fashioned kick up the ass, and needs to learn to appreciate the fact that he won't be gifted games. I'd take the kid that lacks natural talent but works himself to the point of exhaustion than Vez who thinks he can sail through with his natural talent any day of the week.

I like Vez but it's clear he's not rated. He looks fine with the ball in hand but there have been long running suggestions he doesn't work hard enough. Suspect he's gone.

Those that think Dj will be delisted are dreaming. He's only been dropped for one game this season. All other games he's missed have been through injury (or coming back from injury in the VFL). Even after his more quiet/fumbly performances he's been retained while guys like Moles and Hooper, who clearly weren't rated, were never really given a look in (Hooper's one game aside). Clearly the coaching staff see something in him and to be fair his performances early in the year and last week were fine. Perhaps they believe that he just needs to be backed in and played consistently to be able to do that each week. I'd be gobsmacked if he didn't get another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back