• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
No doubt , swans style not dissimilar to wc they like to finesse with the ball . It’s a means of keeping it off the tigers but you gotta be good. These rules support that style , still it runs the gauntlet when the pressure rises, we re so early in the campaign and need to better learn to cover the Vlas gap which under new rules has further exposed our defences . A fit houli will help and if that mansell kid showed a bit with his marking, chasing and dash with ball in hand he too could find a spot
Never seen so many rule changes in the space of a few years. And all of them seem to combat our style of play. ******* dicks up there in afl. Every flag we win gives me satisfaction not only because it's us but because it hurts every oppo flog and afl flog out there

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Opposition teams will have a good look at what Sydney does in these opening few weeks.
Have to stop the next disposal after the wing.
Once they get the ball to Gulden and Wicks across half forward, then it opens up scoring.
Have to corral them and force them to play along the boundary, knock the ball over, repeated throw ins.
Chewing up the time with stoppages enables the defence to set up.

Swans will die in the arse by mid season. Being young plus the pace of the game is not sustainable

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
does being rubbed out in VFL mean he can't play AFL? Its certainly not the other way around?
If you are suspended AFL or VFL you can't play proper AFL or VFL games, but you can play pre season games in either
Like how CCJ was able to play in the AFL pre season game even though he was still suspended for 4 weeks.

The stupid bit is that VFL starts 4 weeks after AFL so if you get rubbed out in the first couple of rounds you can go back and play twos for those weeks, but not later in the year.

RJK Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
If you are suspended AFL or VFL you can't play proper AFL or VFL games, but you can play pre season games in either
Like how CCJ was able to play in the AFL pre season game even though he was still suspended for 4 weeks.

The stupid bit is that VFL starts 4 weeks after AFL so if you get rubbed out in the first couple of rounds you can go back and play twos for those weeks, but not later in the year.

thanks mate

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Learnt:
Change is afoot. Adapt or die. The Swans smashing of Richmond was predictable. Whether it is a bellwether or not remains to be seen. Dimma quickly compared the loss to others his team has suffered in previous years, it is a learning opp, need to make some tweaks. All good. However, it may require more than tweaks for the Tiges, and others. That there are several hot teams is good for the game and if Port and Tiges can maintain their advantages over the season, that will be a fantastic result for them.

Getting a nice little touch up, rude awakening early in the season may be a godsend.

This weeks Port Richmond game now has extreme significance.

The footy season is as engrossing as I can recall.

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Learnt:
Change is afoot. Adapt or die. The Swans smashing of Richmond was predictable. Whether it is a bellwether or not remains to be seen. Dimma quickly compared the loss to others his team has suffered in previous years, it is a learning opp, need to make some tweaks. All good. However, it may require more than tweaks for the Tiges, and others. That there are several hot teams is good for the game and if Port and Tiges can maintain their advantages over the season, that will be a fantastic result for them.

Getting a nice little touch up, rude awakening early in the season may be a godsend.

Except that honestly the footy has been kinda s**t to watch?

People say the game has opened up and all that but I see a lot of keepings off and it has been kinda boring...

The Pies Lions game ended well but the rest of it was s**t.

The Cats and Hawks was the same, just boring as batshit.

At least our swarm and pressure made footy exciting, even if it wasn't pretty.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Dimma pretty much has confirmed that cotchin will play as will Houli

Outs: Eggy, Prestia (inj), Macca (inj)
Ins: Houli, Ross, Martyn (outside chance if not Martyn, Chol to help Nank or Naish rewarded for his 39 disposals to offer run on the wing).

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Learnt:

Firstly id like to say that you are most likely the best scum supporter i have seen for a while and your posts are considered and well thought out and beautifully constructed.

I think the Tigers will adapt and tweak the game plan to include 3 talls and 3 smalls with a tall going further up when Dusty rolls through and will compress the backline. But not going to be this week
Im not expecting a win against Port on their deck

Are you sure you are a scum supporter ? You sure your dad was not a Tiger

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Dimma said possibly 2 to debut
Martyn - Ross - RCD - Houli
1617764885700.png

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Except that honestly the footy has been kinda sh*t to watch?

People say the game has opened up and all that but I see a lot of keepings off and it has been kinda boring...

The Pies Lions game ended well but the rest of it was sh*t.

I think we are splitting into two groups almost Rob, some who like open, chip chip bruise free end to end goal fests (hello Ch7) fair enough if you love that basketball/netball style game and those who prefer a tough, close contests which often break open in the second halves anyway.

Then there's games that are shootouts in the first half and tighten into an arm wrestle or in close boxing match the longer the game goes. Whichever way we're all looking for our excitement fix. There'll never be consensus. Old traditions v new ways to keep fans engaged. It does seem to me this year that there are more blow outs so far. Young fast teams are all the rage.

Remember what it was like to be bumbling along the bottom just wishing we could be a contender ?

Now we're like Rocky, heavyweight champs going for one more title. Looks like our kids will be needed to push us along.

Toast: Swans. Good win. They played well.

Roast: Ruck division. FFS. Just stop the Astbury thing. KMac playing the Griggs wing / 2nd ruck role would have been worth a look. Another runner through the middle when Nank is on the bench would help shut down these dinky 10m kicks. Maybe RCD is tall enough to have a crack at providing the chop-out? Could it be worse than Astbury making both Hickey and Sam Reid look great?

Changes:

In: Houli, Naish, Ross, Cotch
Out: Eggs, Macca, Prestia, RCD

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Won’t be Ralphsmith

Beware the hyphenated names, Rhys-Jones
i dont think hes up to it
You sound rather jubilant about that. Smacks of I told you so, really won't know until he's given a go. It is just rd.3 for a start, for all we know he was being played as a forward. Anybody watch the game.

queensberryrules

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Except that honestly the footy has been kinda sh*t to watch?

The Pies Lions game ended well but the rest of it was sh*t.

I dont care much about style, I am no Quentin Crisp. I'm as partial to rugged footy as the any other old school footy fan.

Engrossing because of new flash sides and unpredictability of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back