Preview RD3 Roos v GoDeez, changes and discussion (chasing our 18th straight win v GoDees)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leave Salem alone. Didn't he nearly get hit by a falling brick during pre-season camp? That's what killed Alex Browning after he survived the flight 180 plane crash.

If he dodged a brick he's clearly escaped death's grasp and that means he'll die some other way (logs falling off of a truck, nail gun at bunnings, burned alive after being pinned in a tanning bed).

A scary coincidence given he plays for the demons...

If Cunnington tackles him this week he might explode into dust. Death works in mysterious ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to learn to find more of the ball too.

Yeah. But if he has a clear run i think it'll come.

He had his moments last year. I thought his first 10 games were good. He kicked multiple goals (2 each time) 5 times in those 10 games, and was out of the goals only once. He made 5 tackles 5 times and one game made 10. I went back and looked at his stats. In the first 5 games he got 17 possies once and kicked a goal. Every other game was either 9 or 10 possies but he kicked multiple goals in 3 of those games.

The next five games he kicked one goal less but had 16, 18, 9, 20 and 12 games. He kicked multiple goals in the 9 and 12 possession games. Then he went off the boil a bit. That was a game either side of the bye, then he was injured. He didn't seem right in those two (rich and StK) games imo.

He came back for 3 games and only one was any good stats wise but he always seems to find some way to contribute.

If he hadn't got injured I think his 15 - 20 possession games would have been more frequent and he would have had a few 20+ games. If he plays 20 games this year I reckon the last 15 will be much higher possession wise than his career so far. Last year his averages were above his career averages for kicks, handballs, marks, tackles and goals and really his season only hit its stride once he'd played a few games in a row.

I'm not saying gift him games but he plays well against Melbourne. His third game was against them and he kicked 4 goals, made 5 tackles and got 7 contested possessions. The only other time he played them was the earlier game last year. Had a career high for disposals (20), 7 contested possessions, 6 marks and 8 inside 50s. Handy game.

Going by the lack of change between round 1 and 2 I'm going to take a guess and say Scott is going to have the same guys play as team for multiple rounds rather than making 3 or 4 changes each week. This will build teamwork and have the players gel nicely.

When the time is right he'll then swap out half the team and test something different. Just a theory.

My preference also fits this - go hard with the guns early in the season and win a couple of games. Then begin the testing later on in the hard games which we're most likely not going to win anyway and aim for a good draft pick

Can't see any changes this week.
Only if Cunners is too sore is the only change I see actually happening.

I wouldn't mind Walker in for Hvorat, but that's more of a want at this stage.

Jarrad Waite will be key here imo.

The Dees will want to keep Lever loose in the backline to try and chop off high balls into Browny (not a wildly innovative strategy but still a good plan).

This means the GREAT BEAST who is ripping nick and loves the MCG and who appears to have licence to roam, could well be in for another of his 35 touch 10 mark three goals performances.

(And/or he'll do a calf, whack a bloke etc etc)

Jarrad Waite will be key here imo.

The Dees will want to keep Lever loose in the backline to try and chop off high balls into Browny (not a wildly innovative strategy but still a good plan).

This means the GREAT BEAST who is ripping nick and loves the MCG and who appears to have licence to roam, could well be in for another of his 35 touch 10 mark three goals performances.

(And/or he'll do a calf, whack a bloke etc etc)

seperation is the key, leave Brown one out with the other forwards pushing up a bit further and target Lever's man to make him accountable.

They’ll probably bring in Frost to help out Lever.

I won’t be surprised to see one of our tall forwards named emergency. Hard to guess who though as Wood hasn’t done much and I’m not sure Larkey is ready.

Maybe play Ziebell forward? Probably depends on Cunners injury.

Need to make Lever accountable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back