Game Day Rd3 West Coast vs Fremantle @ Optus (4:20pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Sportsbet has WC favourites at $1.80 with us at $2.00. You can view that as a fair representation of our chances or an opportunity to sell your house today and buy a house worth twice as much tomorrow.
I'd be making an offer on the house next to Clarkson's on Coogee Beach!

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Gaff's face to throw itself at an errant Brayshaw elbow and the universe to be smiling!

Barack Obama Justice GIF by GIPHY News

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Nic Nat v Meek is critical.
I believe Meek will run Nic Fat off his legs very quickly! There will be another crucial, match-turning moment that is analysed ad nauseum on panel shows, involving Nic Nat being absent in his team's defensive 50 metre arc when a long bomb goal is kicked.

I believe Meek will run Nic Fat off his legs very quickly! There will be another crucial, match-turning moment that is analysed ad nauseum on panel shows, involving Nic Nat being absent in his team's defensive 50 metre arc when a long bomb goal is kicked.
If we know Darcy is fit for next game then running Meek into the ground this week could be a match winning option.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Watch for the Nic Nat PaddyWhack Knee to Meeks ribs at the first few bounces .

Ghost Pig

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
For all that is right and fair on this god-forsaken planet, may the ancestors steady our flighty hearts and steel our untried minds, may the anchor hold true for us and us alone and may the blue and yellow sailed ship of our enemies burst and waste upon the cragged Henderson cliffs, may the spirits of her crew pickle and drown in turned Chardonnay and may our our bellies bulge and belch with the scent of victory beer and the baked, dough-bound, ground-meat treats of Edward and Alice Culley.

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
IN: a win, no injuries, better ball movement, more contested possession in the midfield, and a season back on track.

OUT: negativity, scapegoating, irrational finger-pointing, pessimism as an emotional shield for disappointment, and post after post of irrational biliousness masquerading as balanced commentary.

Freo by fifteen.

For all that is right and fair on this god-forsaken planet, may the ancestors steady our flighty hearts and steel our untried minds, may the anchor hold true for us and us alone and may the blue and yellow sailed ship of our enemies burst and waste upon the cragged Henderson cliffs, may the spirits of her crew pickle and drown in turned Chardonnay and may our our bellies bulge and belch with the scent of victory beer and the baked, dough-bound, ground-meat treats of Edward and Alice Culley.
Huge props for the Culley's reference. 😂😂 ..a lovely covert little reminder of the value of perseverance over the long term! Nice one 👍👍

Last edited:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
IN: a win, no injuries, better ball movement, more contested possession in the midfield, and a season back on track.

OUT: negativity, scapegoating, irrational fingerprinting, pessimism as an emotional shield for dissapointment, and post after post of irrational biliousness masquerading as balanced commentary.

Freo by fifteen.

Huge props for the Culley's reference. 😂😂 ..a lovely covert little reminder of the value of perseverance over the long term! Nice one 👍👍
We're all ultimately guilty of this behaviour, but it would be a difficult assignment to refrain from displaying such a trait, as supporting the Fremantle Dockers for twenty seven years has largely been a roller-coaster of heartbreak!

We need to be in the game until the last quarter. Nic Nat off covid will tire. Hugh Dixon chasing Lobb in the relief ruck role will last two minutes before Dixon is cooked for the rest of the game.

Gaff has a sore foot.

Run them off their feet.

FUS_RO_DAH

Premiership Player
Dec 17, 2012
Kalgoorlie
AFL Club
Fremantle
Has there ever been less hype for a derby?
I know nobody was feeling any hype before last year's win (which turned into an epic) but the Weagles being decimated by de 'rona and our own s**t form... Bleh.
Not confident.
Still going down to Freo with the missus to watch the game.

Freo by 78 and 'Ras to kick 3.

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
So sad how many people lose hope and cope by coming up with all the reasons why we're going to suck again and lose so they don't get hurt again if it happens.

Here's a reason why we'll win. Yesterday we had ten blokes playing for Peel, West Coast had one playing for their side. They're scraping the bottom of their list and we're far from that. Even a core group of experienced players cannot carry that many non AFL grade players.

Last edited:

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I really have no idea how today will pan out.

Nothing would surprise me - everything could click and we slice them open through the guts on the way to a big flogging, or we could play like dogshit again and the game will be over by qtr time, or it could be one of those dreadful error ridden grinds of a game that even the winners never want to speak of again.

At least times like this I'm grateful the AFL put us last so no matter what happens Freo can't ruin my whole weekend.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
We need to be in the game until the last quarter. Nic Nat off covid will tire. Hugh Dixon chasing Lobb in the relief ruck role will last two minutes before Dixon is cooked for the rest of the game.

Gaff has a sore foot.

Run them off their feet.

Going by how we played last week and the fact it's wet weather. How would we win in a running style game?

Going by how we played last week and the fact it's wet weather. How would we win in a running style game?

By wearing out the ruck options, particularly the one who is both not fit and not a ruck. Force WC to play NN all the rest of the game and get on top of the stoppages.

Lobb can outwork Dixon by miles. Once he is no longer competitive they lose a forward and a ruck.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Eagles by 17. We will be dominated through the guts and i feel the older eagle's will be too Physical in these conditions.

Erasmus must be protected as they'll give him a big welcome to footy bump n crash.

In order to win Brodie or Walters have to dominate and Meek hold his own. Tabs or Lobb need a big one.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Before Serong was ruled out, I thought we'd win this quite comfortably. Now I'm expecting anything to happen but the line ups don't seem too different from what was put out in the pre-season.

Freo by 20pts

Oct 18, 2013
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
We're all ultimately guilty of this behaviour, but it would be a difficult assignment to refrain from displaying such a trait, as supporting the Fremantle Dockers for twenty seven years has largely been a roller-coaster of heartbreak!
I know the feeling so well... But we gotta let go of that s**t.

Neither the players, the coaches, or the decision makers of 20 years ago are around the club anymore, and the world, the game, and the circumstances that led to that frustration for the most part no longer exists.

Hanging on to that s**t is just bad for the soul. It's a new day - we gotta embrace it for what it is, warts and all. If I let my footy happiness be dependent on winning a premiership, I'd be a screaming nutcase.

Winning premierships have enormous value and happiness inherent to them... But so can 'The Waiting For One To Arrive'

(...this was the point I was trying to make with that huge bloody bye-round posting of mine from last year....

...I really need to finish that thing 🤔🤔)

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
I am not convinced we can score enough goals to win this one. WC on the other hand have Kennedy, Darling and Ryan who are genuine AFL standard goal kickers.

Our mids will be doing well to break even and the WC backs will have marking practice unless we kick to a decent target or go for some chaos delivery.

It's a chore to get excited about this footnote on round 3.

Quazar

Cancelled
Aug 31, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester United, Colorado Aves
It's hammering down with rain here in Albany (and it was so nice yesterday too!). What's the weather in Perth doing folks?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back