Autopsy Rd4 Roast & Toast vs Port Adelaide & Changes for St Kilda Rd5

Best vs Port Adelaide

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he only had one intention but given the circumstances it’s a fair play to make given how close he was to goal and the fact he had 2 players around him

watch the vid could've easily handballed to teammate or massive open space on his left or even ran it out there

Prefer Ray to the c*nt we had last night.

yea Ray would've given us more frees coz he likes biased home crowd booing his decisions he loves that s**t

[
In the actual video where any of those players looking to tackle him?
Well it’s not like they would of just stood still and let him turn around and run past them

What is a reasonable action for a defender to do in that situation?
just let them kick the goal?
Jump on the ball, get jumped on and called for holding the ball

Or rush it behind?

watch the vid could've easily handballed to teammate or massive open space on his left or even ran it out there

yea Ray would've given us more frees coz he likes biased home crowd booing his decisions he loves that sh*t
Why?
He’s allowed to rush it behind
It’s not against the rules given the circumstances
It’s a fair play

Georgie shouldn’t of fresh aired it and kicked the goal

Why?
It’s a fair play

That fresh air kicked killed me.

The reason I asked if CCJ was definitely available for Round 5 was that he didn’t get a mention after the game ... Dimma was asked who was available to come back next week & he said KMac is

CCJ is not Nank's level as a ruckman, so he's not viable for the no.1 ruck role yet and there's no place for him as a 2nd ruck because he can really only rest forward and that would make us way too top-heavy in attack.

I'd suspect that's why he didn't get mentioned. If we do bring in ruck support, IMO it'll likely be Marbs because with his athleticism he's a lot more flexible in where you can play him outside of relieving ruck.

nanks been very competitive in the taps this season, noticed a massive improvement, probably bc he can jump a bit now. He beat Lycett in taps last night

He's getting hands to the ball really well, but with him only winning three hitouts to advantage last night and numerous to Port's clear advantage, that was not much help to us.

We'd rate Lycett in the top 4-5 rucks in the league and Nank coped OK, kept Lycett well below his HTA average (which includes a game against Naitanui).

Gee I never thought I’d ever say this, but we really miss Soldo

Welcome to the dark side, brother. ;)

That fresh air kicked killed me.
That’s the crazy part
We as fans are happy to try and blame the umpires when at the end of the day our boys failed to execute as well

Same as boxing never leave it in the hands of the judges
We could of iced that game multiple times but we fumbled under pressure

Why?
It’s a fair play

Because he had prior opportunity to dispose of the ball without rushing it to the goal line, and was not yet under enough pressure to warrant rushing it. The umps 100% would've called the Gray one if it was in a quiet moment in the first

No pressure?
C’mon mate umps were sh*t house last night but that call was fine
View attachment 1098702

Can't understand why people are upset over that decision, it was one of the few 'contentious calls' that was umpired within the rules in a night chock full of umpiring howlers.

We could definitely argue that the rule is s**t (which it is), but not the umpiring of it.

Because he had prior opportunity to dispose of the ball without rushing it to the goal line, and was not yet under enough pressure to warrant rushing it. The umps 100% would've called the Gray one if it was in a quiet moment in the first
Doesn't need prior
He had reasonable pressure and was close enough to goal to rush it behind

If one of our boys got done for the same action we would be lining up to burn AFL house down

It was going to be a certain goal so he hit the ball at speed between two tigers players
What’s he meant to do? Just let us kick a goal?

If a tigers defender copped deliberate for that we would be losing our sh*t
We have already lost our s**t at a certain Freo game at the G.

We have already lost our sh*t at a certain Freo game at the G.
And it was bullshit
So wouldn’t you prefer the umpires not make the same mistake and not pay it?

Doesn't need prior
He had reasonable pressure and was close enough to goal to rush it behind

If one of our boys got done for the same action we would be lining up to burn AFL house down

we obviously have a completely different view of the situation so will agree to disagree. it's a free every day of the week according to the rules and according to umpire interpretation (in regards to open space, other options, and open teammates) over several years now

but it doesn't matter either way, as Deboy would've just given them a free and 50 at the centre bounce and they kick a goal and win anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Y
Ok my thoughts on the game. I'll address the umpiring first. Did they cost us the game ? No they did not, our dumb choices did. Nank kicking backwards to Grimes and kicking over his head or the dumb act from Balta throwing the forward off him off the ball that lead to another goal, if we did not need him for the saints game, i would drop him for it.

The big picture for me, and one I hope the club is addressing is the huge disparity atm in our games in the free kick count. It is like we are giving sides a 4 goal head start. I hope we have asked the umpiring department to please explain in detail. Tell us by always giving away nearly twice more the frees to our opposition in game is it due to our play and if so why? I also ask if they say yes, please explain why the sides we play never infringe like we do to validate the huge discrepancy.

Now Gray 2 last goals should not have happened, one was clearly out of bounds before he kicked it and the last one Balta tackle should have been holding the ball free for us. I hope we will demand an explanation why they were paid, really drill down on it. Love to be a fly on the wall as they explain.

That said, we lost the game IMO at selection. We should never brought two 1st gamers in a hotly contested and hostile game, one yes but not 2 particularly when we have Houli playing his first game for the year and started off rusty as all hell and with vlaustin out. To decide not to play RCD as we did not need more inside type but more spread was a huge error. Particularly without Prestia, we should have replaced like for like.

Now our smalls excluding George are so out of form. Why we dont play Caddy as a permeant forward, take the pressure off him by saying he wont be dropped so he can play his natural game has me stumped. We needed his bigger body and footy smarts last night. Yes he is slow but we have runners to make up for it. What Caddy does well when forward, he runs to the right spaces and is a fantastic mark for his size, simply port would have to man him up which would help free up slightly Lynch and Jack.

Our midfield has been out of form but what was pleasing was they regained touch in the last half which bodes well for next week. CCJ needs to be played for the next 8 games regardless of impact, so he can go in confident he wont be dropped but needs to be played as a RUCK not a bloody full time forward. Nank needs a chop out. We are over working our big Nank and he is being fatigued and making errors imo he normally would not make due to it. CCJ gives him a chop out, allows him to float to defense to help support down there and CCJ can float forward of the ball if needed.

The positives for me was it was Picketts best game for the club last night. I have come to accept he is not a one touch player so fumbles. Once you get past that, his strengths then can be appreciated. Is the season over ? Not by a long stretch. Atm we are trying to make up the 4-5 weeks of preseason missed while playing games, its like the past few years we do our learnings this time of year at what the oppo are doing, we then get to work and once that extra conditioning we are doing now kicks in which is june-july we then motor over sides.

A common question asked is how come we dont have crumers at the fall of the ball now so Aarts is sh*t, Rioli is sh*t etc. people need to understand we are rolling our smalls high to support the mids which leaves our forwards out numbered. I know why we are doing it, I understand it but fu** me I hope we abandon it as its not working. It's making us to easy to defend atm hence why our forward line seems disconnected.

Lastly, Lynch needs to put his kicking boots on. In all games bar the carlton game he has had many opportunities to kick a score and has failed to do so, I have faith however he will work through it.

Outs - Martyn and Aarts

In's- CCJ and Caddy. Aarts took Caddy spot initially, throw the challenge to Caddy to now keep it. CCJ needs games regardless of where the team sits and team structure. We need to know NOW in this 3 month period if he is going to make it. Bite the bullet match comity and do it!
What about your self claimed boy McIntosh😉
Comes straight back in for sure

Had a player to give it to and made no attempt to do anything else. But when the AFL word rules such as "immediate pressure" and "sufficient attempt" they're able to justify it each way and never get it wrong. This is how they also adjudicate holding/dropping the ball. Can't get a game deciding decision wrong that might get the ire from betting agencies after all.

Had a player to give it to and made no attempt to do anything else. But when the AFL word rules such as "immediate pressure" and "sufficient attempt" they're able to justify it each way and never get it wrong. This is how they also adjudicate holding/dropping the ball. Can't get a game deciding decision wrong that might get the ire from betting agencies after all.
He was within 9m when he took possession, so he's allowed to rush it if he's under any pressure...

also, the video shows that Riewoldt is less than a metre away and heading towards him...

also he handballs it off the ground towards a team-mate getting up near the goal-line...

It was the correct decision.

He was within 9m when he took possession, so he's allowed to rush it if he's under any pressure...

also, the video shows that Riewoldt is less than a metre away and heading towards him...

also he handballs it off the ground towards a team-mate standing near the goal-line...

It was the correct decision.

Also would have been correct to pay the deliberate, just like this one. In this one it would have been correct to pay both deliberate as well as say he had sufficient pressure. That's what I'm getting at, the rules are designed so the AFL can never get them wrong so when you have 3 different umpires with 3 different interpretations you get a mixed bag that nobody can understand or agree on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back