• 33: Kamdyn McIntosh

• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guarantee if that went out of bounds, the ump would have paid deliberate.
Definitely. I was worried, I think our boys were worried as well because, the Richmond player running for it (Shai?) was running full tilt for it.

Like others here, I want CCJ to come in for this game. Don’t want Nank rucking alone against Gawn and Jackson. He’d also stretch their backline for height with May out as well.
Agree , not a fan of having others pinch hit , while nank rests, ccj in form from the vfl is a perfect
Time to bring him in

When you think about it if ‘Troll’ was a profession or an Olympic event Cornes would be the best, Richmond fans think they’re trolling him, however he’s the one masterfully pulling their strings like a puppeteer, gotta respect that.

Like others here, I want CCJ to come in for this game. Don’t want Nank rucking alone against Gawn and Jackson. He’d also stretch their backline for height with May out as well.

Yep, looks the perfect game for CCJ to come in and show us where he's at. :thumbsu:

One notable change in Melbourne this year has been their transition from defence, they're building some serious pace on the rebound to compliment a midfield that can be really dominant on its day.

I'm looking forward to seeing how young Petty copes with Lynch, could well be a game defining match-up if it's not too wet.

If we bring in in CCJ that gives us 8 talls , can that work or would we have to look at dropping astbury?
I think melbourne last week had 6 talls though i think Ben Brown is close to coming back?
We also need to bring in another inside midfielder(hopefully RCD) so there is that too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we bring in in CCJ that gives us 8 talls , can that work or would we have to look at dropping astbury?
I think melbourne last week had 6 talls though i think Ben Brown is close to coming back?
We also need to bring in another inside midfielder(hopefully RCD) so there is that too...
Do they have a tall backline? If not, then maybe dropping Astbury would be the way to go. Fritsch is quite mobile as well from what I’ve seen

Do they have a tall backline? If not, then maybe dropping Astbury would be the way to go. Fritsch is quite mobile as well from what I’ve seen
I think Luke Jackson has been there only genuine tall forward with gawn popping up?
I think i heard that ben brown is back playing vfl so he might be back...
Theres also tom mcdonald , not sure if he has been playing forward or back

I think Luke Jackson has been there only genuine tall forward with gawn popping up?
I think i heard that ben brown is back playing vfl so he might be back...
Theres also tom mcdonald , not sure if he has been playing forward or back

McDonald's been playing as a deep key forward again this year.

Gawn's been playing forward more often, though still spending plenty of time sitting a kick behind play.

McDonald's been playing as a deep key forward again this year.

Gawn's been playing forward more often, though still spending plenty of time sitting a kick behind play.
Ok fair enough...
I think they might wait to the bulldogs game to bring ccj in to go against english/martin but i am probably wrong!

Ok fair enough...
I think they might wait to the bulldogs game to bring ccj in to go against english/martin but i am probably wrong!

Yeah, I think Nank will need a genuine ruck chop out, he'll have to try and run with Gawn as well.

It's a massive assignment and Jackson is a beast, we'd get hammered using a pinch-hitter against him. He'll be a serious challenge for CCJ, but it's the only ruck match-up for the day we can vaguely hope to come out on top in.

I suspect the Dogs are resting Martin this week to have him fresh for us, which is not great news because Gawn will run Nank ragged.

Yeah, I think Nank will need a genuine ruck chop out, he'll have to try and run with Gawn as well.

It's a massive assignment and Jackson is a beast, we'd get hammered using a pinch-hitter against him. He'll be a serious challenge for CCJ, but it's the only ruck match-up for the day we can vaguely hope to come out on top in.

I suspect the Dogs are resting Martin this week to have him fresh for us, which is not great news because Gawn will run Nank ragged.
ok , bit of a worry then...
Can we play the extra tall and not lose too much run/pressure? Interesting times..

ok , bit of a worry then...
Can we play the extra tall and not lose too much run/pressure? Interesting times..

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem if Grimes goes to a medium/small at times.

Pickett will quite probably worry us for a suitable match-up the most up forward, he's got blistering pace over the first few steps, elite agility and he's fast becoming a very dangerous player.

Yeah, shouldn't be a problem if Grimes goes to a medium/small at times.

Pickett will quite probably worry us for a suitable match-up the most up forward, he's got blistering pace over the first few steps, elite agility and he's fast becoming a very dangerous player.
Yep the more i think about it i see it working ok..
I also think Broad playing Nicky Vs role helps as well in enabling us to bring in an extra tall while not sacrificing run..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back