Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Mansell to take Pickett.
Need CCJ or Marbs to play on Gawn. Preferably CCJ who will offer some mongrel.
Save Marbs for the athletic role.
Marbs? Gawn would ******* destroy him.

It's gotta be CCJ that comes in, at least he has some physical presence and can compete in the air.

also shows max king go missing after his first quarter, literally did nothing in the next 3 quarters

has anyone found him yet?

To be fair, the supply dried up from halfway through the second quarter

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
watched the replay and by god that was the most boring piece of commentary ive ever witnessed for that game, the only time those channel 7 bozos showed some excitment was when max king took marks. you could tell how deflated they were the whole match realizing we are gonna spank the comp yet again,

joel selwood has to be the worst special comments person of all time. its as if he was trying so hard to be PC and not offend anyone. Literally sounded like the commentary from an AFL playstation game

Marbs? Gawn would ******* destroy him.

It's gotta be CCJ that comes in, at least he has some physical presence and can compete in the air.
Isn’t that what I said?

Jan 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, PAOK
I can't see us bringing in a 2nd ruck just to combat Gawn. Not once over the last 4 years do I recall us making a change to cater to the opponent, we back in our system and players even if it means the opposition gets an advantage in a particular part of the ground.

I guess the argument you can make is that before Soldo went down last year we were playing 2 rucks and Dimma has mentioned that "Ideally we'd be playing 2 rucks" (I recall it from a post game presser a few weeks ago)

If they have been intending to make this change for structural reasons and it's because how we want to play, it might happen. But it won't happen because we are playing against Melbourne and Gawn. Coming off our performance last week, I think it's highly unlikely we'll see any changes barring injury.

IMO Nank will go head to head with Gawn and do what he can, he doesn't have to beat him just be a fierce competitor. And we'll see Pickett most likely going up against their 2nd ruck Luke Jackson. We obviously have the ability to throw Balta in there if we are getting monstered but you get the feeling the coaches liked not having our backline structure disrupted against the Saints.

Ben brown and weideman (7 goals in VFL) will both come in for sure, probably for spuds like Mitch brown and petty else lol

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Pickett as a second ruck v Gawn is a huge risk but can’t think of a better way to test the plan. If we can break even in the middle with him against the best ruck in the league, we’ve got something to work with.
A bit of a risk. By rucking Pickett you are conceding the tap, as you will mostly with Nank and CCJ against Gawn, but at ground level where Melbourne are strong, Pickett is also very strong. Moves like a cat but tackles really hard and might add the sort of ground ball pressure that Nank does but at speed. And then breakaway. Why not put the pressure back on Gawn to keep up with Pickett around the ground.

p.s. If someone could pass this on to Dimma much appreciated.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
joel selwood has to be the worst special comments person of all time. its as if he was trying so hard to be PC and not offend anyone. Literally sounded like the commentary from an AFL playstation game

I don't know if I've ever been impressed by a current player doing the special comments thing.

It should be pretty obvious that they need to be hyper-careful what they say, so much so that they almost never say anything really interesting.

Whoever thought up the idea of using current players in a special comments role should have their work-experience terminated and be sent back to their year 10 classes immediately.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I don't know if I've ever been impressed by a current player doing the special comments thing.

It should be pretty obvious that they need to be hyper-careful what they say, so much so that they almost never say anything really interesting.

Whoever thought up the idea of using current players in a special comments role should have their work-experience terminated and be sent back to their year 10 classes immediately.
Couldn't agree more. All they can do is heap praise on whichever player is the topic of conversation.

Now we've got Joel to look forward to after he retires at the end of this season. Then again, once he's retired his commentary may improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back