Preview RD7 Carlton v North Melbourne Sunday 5th May 1.10PM @ Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I am just countering the "speed" factor. Your backline in particular looks very slow with Simpson & Newman missing.

Cripps will of course be influential, but the loss of Kruezer is going to bite hard and Goldstein has been in very good form.
You've also got to consider the intent of the team as a whole... our guys are putting in 100% are very very keen to win.....I don't see that with Roos this year

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What’s the story with LDU?

I honestly don't know mate. Could be a management thing or a niggle. Wait to see if he lines up in the VFL.

I have heard a whisper that Polec will be a late out, and Luke will play. We'll have to wait & see.

However, there's no decent North footy judge that's concerned about the kid. He will be a star.

You've also got to consider the intent of the team as a whole... our guys are putting in 100% are very very keen to win.....I don't see that with Roos this year

Yep. That's definitely got merit.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
I am just countering the "speed" factor. Your backline in particular looks very slow with Simpson & Newman missing.

Cripps will of course be influential, but the loss of Kruezer is going to bite hard and Goldstein has been in very good form.
Willo is lightning and Jones for his size is elite for speed. Newman is not quick. Daisy is the quickest I’ve seen him since coming across. It will be about efficient ball movement out of the back half. Wonder if the roof has been closed the last couple days at Marvel.

Agree re the loss of Kreuzeberg though, I rate Goldy. Cripps v Cunnington is a matchup I’m looking forward to.

Cripps is in some stellar form but Cunnington is averaging 30 touches and 8 clearances a game for 2019.

If Kreuze was in I’d be much more confident of it being skewed in our favour for the first time in a while, it’s 50/50 for mine without big K.

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm not going anywhere. That is the whole point of my post. The is a moment in time, that will never been seen again in our lifetime as Carlton supporters. So treasure the day as a moment in time to capture and be present, regardless of the result.

Bit deep for a footy forum?

Do you also know the meaning of life (the non hitch hikers version)?

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
If those 2 step up it will make a huge difference

each match SHOULD be an independent event. I dont see us beating either GWS or the Pies but stranger things have happened. We certainly will be more motivated than either the pies or GWS , who may take us a little easy based on our win loss. I feel that it is 50:50 versus North. their form isnt as bad as it seems but neither is ours.

I think we will beat at least one top team but unlikely to do 2 in two weeks and given the choice of beating either of those teams I'm voting for the Pies big time.

BlueTang

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It will be interesting.

Not dissing Carlton, as I acknowledge their improvement, just think the ability to cover a few blokes is not quite there yet.

Basic logic tells me North should win (and the bookies agree), but I'd actually prefer a loss to speed up the regime change we require at the club.
I know a bit about the CFC list & know little about every other clubs. And it’s probably not too dissimilar for your knowledge about ours. Why would you care.

Our depth has increased dramatically, but missing a league top 5 ruckman doesn’t help us. I expect if you win, it will be due to the physicality of your players, hopefully the speed and skills of ours is what brings us the points. Let’s just hope for a close game.

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
It will be interesting.

Not dissing Carlton, as I acknowledge their improvement, just think the ability to cover a few blokes is not quite there yet.

Basic logic tells me North should win (and the bookies agree), but I'd actually prefer a loss to speed up the regime change we require at the club.

Snake, surely you are not another that uses betting agency odds to justify a result

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Snake, surely you are not another that uses betting agency odds to justify a result

I am just trying to point out that my opinion is based on logic and not bias.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
Yes, that is true.

I stated bookies, you stated punters.

Bookies and punters go hand in hand

Anyway, looking forward to the game. You have some strong inclusions and I expect you will come out with some real intent. We are yearning for a longer period of consistency

We know it will be won and lost between the arcs, whoever has the better/more inside 50 entries will win this game

It will be interesting.

got all the bases covered early, snake - wanna get any roof or umpire issues out of the way?

blue6ers

Debutant
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I am just trying to point out that my opinion is based on logic and not bias.
not sure if you have watched games or results.. my best mate/housemate in a north supporter we watch both teams frequently Carlton have been more consistent and quite literally played better footy, not saying it will determine the result but both teams desperately need a win should be a cracker! can't wait!
P.S my house smells of nervousness and excitement for this game (both teams)
P.S.S your not very logical

Willo is lightning and Jones for his size is elite for speed. Newman is not quick. Daisy is the quickest I’ve seen him since coming across. It will be about efficient ball movement out of the back half. Wonder if the roof has been closed the last couple days at Marvel.

Agree re the loss of Kreuzeberg though, I rate Goldy. Cripps v Cunnington is a matchup I’m looking forward to.
Cripps is in some stellar form but Cunnington is averaging 30 touches and 8 clearances a game for 2019.
If Kreuze was in I’d be much more confident of it being skewed in our favour for the first time in a while, it’s 50/50 for mine without big K.

Stocker's not slow either for someone of his frame.
If it was just about speed, we've just got faster, but of course it's not.

Trying to feel good about this game, but it's just not coming.
Loved our effort to date and as we saw with the NB's last week, once that little bit of effort drops, the results could have huge swings.
Just don't want today to be the day the effort drops.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Stocker's not slow either for someone of his frame.
If it was just about speed, we've just got faster, but of course it's not.

Trying to feel good about this game, but it's just not coming.
Loved our effort to date and as we saw with the NB's last week, once that little bit of effort drops, the results could have huge swings.
Just don't want today to be the day the effort drops.
We really need to beat North, if we have consistent effort over 4 quarters I believe we’ll win.

Brad Scott knew how to beat us in previous years, let’s see what the development of our youngsters and also our coaching staff have up their collective sleeves.

I feel a win in me bones, could be arthritis

I’m still confident we can avoid the spoon FTR ... but I do understand your nagging fear - with just one win to our name, and with the Pies up next, followed by GWS away the week after, today would certainly be a good time for us to secure our second win.
And probably why the club haven't taken the risk with Kreuzer this week. We need him for that two week block.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
It's all about how long we can physically compete.

We have the talent, structure etc but we need to compete for close to 4 quarters

IMO our ability to do that against a more mature side will determine if we win or not.
I want SPS to stay close to Crippa like he did against the Dogs, quick release from the terminator to Mr Silk hitting up the targets on his left or right.

Seriously SPS plays like he is in the Matrix, dead set slows down time.

Love to see Cuners and JSOS get a couple centre square bounces as well. Love the way Davey bursts from a stoppage and I swear JSOS is a yard or two quicker this year, looks taller too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back