Preview RD7 Carlton v North Melbourne Sunday 5th May 1.10PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've also got to consider the intent of the team as a whole... our guys are putting in 100% are very very keen to win.....I don't see that with Roos this year
I'm hoping we show the same intent we did against the Dogs after the narrow loss to GC.

Could be.
Hope you can see the difference in the way you are being treated here compared to the vile abuse you delivered one of our posters earlier this year for a totally inoffensive comment. Play on.

Will be keeping a close eye on Willo and Stocker. Hoping to see Willo get through and show some glimpses of his best. Stocker, I'd like to see what he can offer up in his first showing.

Reckon we'll need another big game from SPS today.

Surprised we didn't include Setters for Gibbons or even Murphy (think we should maybe give him a spell every now and then given his age and form). Maybe didn't want to make too many changes since we were forced to make 4 already but I'd rather we pump games into our most talented youngsters.

Last nights game between Coll and Port was almost a carbon copy first qtr to us vs Hawks, however when Port started to change the momentum in the second qtr the Pies where able to stem the tide after Port kicked 3-4 goals and got it back to about 24 points, they did this by lifting and matching Ports pressure around the ball until they managed to stem the flow and then controlling the tempo of the game.
This was exactly where Carlton’s young midfield lost the game by not being able to increase and match Hawks pressure around the ball for that short period where the Hawks got a run on, once we get fitter and more experienced and we learn to do this for that short period where the opposition come at us we will then be able to break there backs for the rest of the game just as Collingwood did to Port last night.
This is not far away as we keep learning and growing every week, hopefully we can get a decent lead against Norf early and then absorb and control there attack when it comes and go on and win, this would be the perfect response to last week and again show how quickly we are learning and adapting to different situations. Go Blues +30

Did the pies also have 3 players out in the 2nd half?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are you still confident about our chances today?

fwiw, I am but would have felt a lot better if Kruze was there instead of Phillips.

I think losing the senior players hurts, especially Krooz, but Goldy is not the round the ground ruckman he once was, but we do lose on Krooz's contested ball and clearances

You would say Charlie for McGovern is like for like

Simmo and Newman are tough to cover experience wise, but both Willo and Stocker are tougher and hard at it and do come with nice disposal

We do need the senior guys to show more leadership today, but the Weitering, Marchbank SPS, Cripps types are the real guys that need to drive it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be keeping a close eye on Willo and Stocker. Hoping to see Willo get through and show some glimpses of his best. Stocker, I'd like to see what he can offer up in his first showing.

Reckon we'll need another big game from SPS today.

Surprised we didn't include Setters for Gibbons or even Murphy (think we should maybe give him a spell every now and then given his age and form). Maybe didn't want to make too many changes since we were forced to make 4 already but I'd rather we pump games into our most talented youngsters.
I think everyone will keep an eye out for those two.

With Carlton, I feel like we'll know the result (either way) by around 1.45pm....

Dunno about that in the case of North getting a march, as the blues have been fighting out games all year.

Conversely, I question whether the blues can kick enough goals to have the game sealed up by quarter or half time. Our backline has been pretty good, all things considered. Young Harry is going to have a fair opponent today in Tarrant & McGovern is your next best performing goal kicker.

My hunch is this game will be alive for most of the time.

Dunno about that in the case of North getting a march, as the blues have been fighting out games all year.

Conversely, I question whether the blues can kick enough goals to have the game sealed up by quarter or half time. Our backline has been pretty good, all things considered. Young Harry is going to have a fair opponent today in Tarrant & McGovern is your next best performing goal kicker.

My hunch is this game will be alive for most of the time.

After 6 rounds only Melbourne had conceded more points, and that was only by 3, 601 to 598

Looking forward to the game today.

It would be a nasty one to lose, I for one have moved past being happy with honourable losses. If we are going anywhere we need to start beating sides who are struggling and if our young talent is as good as claimed it should be part of the journey sooner rather than later.

Get it done, no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back