Autopsy Rd7 Gold Coast SUNS vs Geelong, 7.25pm Saturday, Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

RedVest4 Menegola picked as an emergency?

Also, its not like one of the Scott brothers to have a whinge.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-05/umpires-rocket-could-benefit-suns-claims-chris-scott

610843-chris-scott.jpg

Metricon Stadium wish to advise that the Broadbeach South Station event bus stop is currently undergoing enhancement works.

This has resulted in the relocation of the Broadbeach bus stop for this weekend’s game, Gold Coast SUNS vs Geelong Cats, Saturday 6 May 7.25pm. The new temporary bus stop is located 200 metres south of the tram station to a bus stop which will be signed as a Temporary Event Bus Stop.

Isn't Scheer supposed to be a tackling machine in the mold of Michael Voss? If there's one thing the Suns have lacked this year, it's a consistent tackler through the middle.

Isn't Scheer supposed to be a tackling machine in the mold of Michael Voss? If there's one thing the Suns have lacked this year, it's a consistent tackler through the middle.

He and Darcy Mac both averaging 5 a game in the NEAFL this year. Best of any Suns in the reserves.

Gaz Jnr leading the tackle average in the seniors, 35 tackles in 6 games.

Out of curiosity, I decided to look at Scheer's NEAFL stats this year to see if they back up the theory that he's a very good tackler.

Round 1 v GWS
Disposals - 7
Tackles - 4
i50s - 1
R50s - 0
Goals - 0
Behinds - 1

Round 2 v Redland
Disposals - 20
Tackles - 2
i50s - 1
R50s - 0
Goals - 0
Behinds - 1

Round 3 v Aspley
Disposals - 15
Tackles - 4
i50s - 2
R50s - 1
Goals - 1
Behinds - 0

Round 4 v Brisbane
Disposals - 22
Tackles - 4
i50s - 3
R50s - 2
Goals - 0
Behinds - 0

Round 5 v Sydney Uni
Disposals - 33 (7 kicks, 26 handballs)
Tackles - 8
i50s - 1
R50s - 3
Goals - 0
Behinds - 0

So you can see, particularly in the most recent game against Sydney Uni, he's often one of the players with the most tackles. Rory Sloane is currently averaging the most tackles per game in the AFL with 9.7 and Gary Ablett Jr is the highest placed Gold Coast player on that list with 5.8 tackles a game. We are talking about the elite mids of the competition so if Scheer managed 3+ tackles against Geelong tonight (taking into account Dangerwood) it would be a huge effort. If he and Swallow can give that tackling pressure tonight it'll give the Suns every opportunity to win the game because lack of tackling pressure has really hurt the Suns in the last two rounds.

This sling shot strategy isnt working for us good teams dont mess up allowing us to run it off halfback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely blown this opportunity

2MP that was poor - go to ground and then missed the tackle when Harbrow had stopped him in his tracks

Since gaz had the week from hell he has become a grumpy man that flys for his marks.... I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Lemmens back in defence? Not that he has been horrible or anything, but I thought he found his groove up forward with his pressure and defensive efforts.

Also, 2MPs skills have let him down a bit, however he seems to always be in link-up plays and goal scoring chains. Knows where to be to get the ball for a big fella.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back