Status
Not open for further replies.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Honestly don't get this overconfidence. We've beaten cellar dwellers and an out of form GWS in rd 2.

I think you lot are getting way ahead of yourselves. Even freo fans off bigfooty. It's bloody nuts.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Somehow we will manufacture a narrow loss despite dominating for periods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Honestly don't get this overconfidence. We've beaten cellar dwellers and an out of form GWS in rd 2.

I think you lot are getting way ahead of yourselves. Even freo fans off bigfooty. It's bloody nuts.
Where are you seeing this overconfidence? Not a single Freo fan on here has posted a win of more than 15 points.

I get that you and others have this weird weekly process where you say we are going to lose so you aren't unhappy if we don't. But that's weak because it is the easiest position for a supporter to take. Our team is capable of winning today. It's a 50/50 game imo. If people are expecting a 100 point win then they are being delusional but no-one here appears to be.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where are you seeing this overconfidence? Not a single Freo fan on here has posted a win of more than 15 points.

I get that you and others have this weird weekly process where you say we are going to lose so you aren't unhappy if we don't. But that's weak because it is the easiest position for a supporter to take. Our team is capable of winning today. It's a 50/50 game imo. If people are expecting a 100 point win then they are being delusional but no-one here appears to be.

Cbf looking but I've read "well win big" "they wont get the ball to their fwd line" "they have to get the ball down there first to kick goals"

This is Eagles Grand Final, they always play well in the Derby. Nic Nat will be out to physically destroy his opponents today and our Dean is umpiring.

We are playing good/decent footy that is good enough to beat WC. We’ve flogged cellar dwellers in all but conversion and our worst performance can simply be put down to not getting off the plane. WC didn’t get off the plane last week and got belted.

We are good enough to win, so why not embrace the fact and enjoy footy while it’s good again

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Something tells me that if we do win today this will become "We've beaten cellar dwellers, an out of form GWS, and an injury depleted WC"

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
We are playing good/decent footy that is good enough to beat WC. We’ve flogged cellar dwellers in all but conversion and our worst performance can simply be put down to not getting off the plane. WC didn’t get off the plane last week and got belted.

We are good enough to win, so why not embrace the fact and enjoy footy while it’s good again

I enjoyed the Adelaide win.

Everything else has been very average.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cbf looking but I've read "well win big" "they wont get the ball to their fwd line" "they have to get the ball down there first to kick goals"

This is Eagles Grand Final, they always play well in the Derby. Nic Nat will be out to physically destroy his opponents today and our Dean is umpiring.
I haven't seen any of that on this board.

noise36

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Feels like a real 50/50.

My concern is our structures at both ends with no Ryan down back and tall Treacy up front.

4 points and no injuries is all we need.

No confidence as we haven't played consistently well in years. /PTSD

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd

what happened to the “Freo line in the sand, lets drop kents!” freo1997? You sound so defeatist.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I enjoyed the Adelaide win.

Everything else has been very average.
I think most of us feel the same. I didn't even think our Adelaide win was as convincing as it should have been. But a lot of that being average has come from being woeful in front of goals. Or in our two losses being impacted by key injuries and not covering well for them. We had Alex Pearce as a KPF in Rd 1 remember. We were missing Fyfe and a bunch of others against Carlton (not that is an excuse for what we dished up).

But WC's form line is even worse than ours. They got pumped by a Geelong that was far from in form before the game. Got overrun by St Kilda, kicking only 1 point in a half wasn't it? And beat Collingwood (arguably worse than North atm) at home.

I think we've got a few weeks before everything comes together for us but there are some really good signs. Our marks inside 50 are almost on par with WC. Our marks on a lead are miles ahead of WC (so we are lowering our eyes not bombing). We just need to finish off the good work and we'll kick some much higher scores - I'm not expecting that to happen today but hopefully we make some progress toward it.

Winning this game is in our hands. We bring intensity from the first bounce, we win. We let them or the umpiring dictate the game and we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back