RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

danger6

Debutant
Mar 7, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems like all clubs are going ok with recruits. Anyone wanna share any light about rockbank...wouldn't be good to see a club that made finals last year continue to fall down the pecking order.

I thought 2016 was a trial for the points system so is that why there is no penalty for going over the allocated amount of points per game next year??? I can not find any penalty or procedure in any bylaws as of yet for any league so does this mean it's all a furphy for next year? Is that why all the discounted points?

I thought 2016 was a trial for the points system so is that why there is no penalty for going over the allocated amount of points per game next year??? I can not find any penalty or procedure in any bylaws as of yet for any league so does this mean it's all a furphy for next year? Is that why all the discounted points?
You thought wrong the penalty for breach of points is loss of 4 match points for that game also re salary cap is on trial and to be inforced in 2017 ..

How can u say romsey will play in finals I'm tipping bottom 3. Broadford won't be much better. Diggers to dominate

Soz. Bloody Telstra my internet playing up. Just wanted to say welcome Homie G, looks like long time watcher first time poster, 2 pot shots at Romsey already under this alias anyway, no love for The Redbacks i see then?

It is interesting that the back to back premiers are yet to announce that either the best coach within the RDFL is to go around again after all the scuttlebutt or announce a new coach for season 2016. The playing group must be asking questions ?

For what it's worth I hope they regroup and challenge, three in a row would be an amazing effort.

Riddell first night back on Wednesday and had 73 players on the track. Elliott looks to be a quality appointment.

It is interesting that the back to back premiers are yet to announce that either the best coach within the RDFL is to go around again after all the scuttlebutt or announce a new coach for season 2016. The playing group must be asking questions ?

For what it's worth I hope they regroup and challenge, three in a row would be an amazing effort.

The only confirmed departures at this stage are Burlak, Lobb, Dawson, Wight & Petroro. Any more I've missed?

Still think that's a good enough side with the kids coming through to remain a top 6 side and challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only confirmed departures at this stage are Burlak, Lobb, Dawson, Wight & Petroro. Any more I've missed?

Still think that's a good enough side with the kids coming through to remain a top 6 side and challenge.
Mitchell retired I'm told. Know a couple of clubs that have spoken to Farmer too so he could possibly on the move.

That's a fair wack no recruiting no coach agree may make the six but unless they pull there finger out won't 3 peat

Soz. Bloody Telstra my internet playing up. Just wanted to say welcome Homie G, looks like long time watcher first time poster, 2 pot shots at Romsey already under this alias anyway, no love for The Redbacks i see then?
So Peter what is going on living in romsey and the eruption on facebook the other day what is the direction seems to be a few getting a bit worked up again understand you took a step back last year but this seems like the same old same old issues ???? Any comment

Yeah, wait until we know what's happening before writing Romsey off. Nobody gave them a chance last year going into pre-season and they managed to exceed all expectations. That said, I'd love to see them drop off. Had more than their fair share of success already.
Who are people tipping to be the big movers this season? Haven't heard much from any of the bottom sides, but it looks like the fringe teams (Sunbury/Macedon) are making some noise with their recruiting.

Yeah, wait until we know what's happening before writing Romsey off. Nobody gave them a chance last year going into pre-season and they managed to exceed all expectations. That said, I'd love to see them drop off. Had more than their fair share of success already.
Who are people tipping to be the big movers this season? Haven't heard much from any of the bottom sides, but it looks like the fringe teams (Sunbury/Macedon) are making some noise with their recruiting.

At this ridiculous early stage I'll go with a final 6 of..

Diggers Rest
Broadford
Macedon
Riddell
Romsey
Rupertswood

I haven't heard of anything out of the kangas on the recruiting front to suggest they will bounce back into the 6, and the others were way to far off to jump into the 6.

Rupertswood and Romsey have lost plenty by all reports, however they both should be good enough to play finals footy again.

Interesting times ahead for some clubs.

Riddell have recruited well and have regular success in September. Watch out for Macedon who have recruited heavily and have a good coach in Joffa. Dont discount Romsey, Helmers will be back in charge before Christmas. Diggers will finish 1-2 at season end but Diggers and Simms have nightmares in September. Bradford will be capable of killing off clubs higher up and more regularly this year:
Riddell
Macedon
Diggers
Romsey
Bradford

Far ken hell do we have a priest on this forum who can read Romsey the last rights?Im amazed by the jelousy sarcasim and rumour monging re the Romsey situation.They have been a strong,proud and successfull club for a sustained period,have never gone into recess nor swapped leagues as others have done yet lots just wanna s-itcan them from afar?
Yes im sure success has come at a cost but so has defeat for the also rans who have nothing to show for it unlike the Redbacks.

Far ken hell do we have a priest on this forum who can read Romsey the last rights?Im amazed by the jelousy sarcasim and rumour monging re the Romsey situation.They have been a strong,proud and successfull club for a sustained period,have never gone into recess nor swapped leagues as others have done yet lots just wanna s-itcan them from afar?
Yes im sure success has come at a cost but so has defeat for the also rans who have nothing to show for it unlike the Redbacks.
Don't get upset that's what ya get if your the Collingwood of the league any way if ya dish it out be prepared to cop it back should make ya stronger or something like that ...........it's just a footy forum if the club is as strong as ya say then why give a s**t who says what "............
Carn the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back