RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahahahahahahaha
Harry you idiot ......
when I left the AGM at the end of my last year at broadford the club was in the black as when I was at romsey point the finger towards others brother as they say you can't turn the wheel if your no longer there
But can say one thing if clubs don't plan budget and be pro active in today's environment they will end up #%^creek,,,,

Haha, na you've done well. Really planned for the future....

But do agree, some clubs will end up there without a paddle

I heard Rupo have got back the WRFL guys that left them when they first came into the league. All 1 pointers plus another VFL player, don't know name but was a junior.
Hickman back to Centrals? Has a good relationship with new coach and footy department.

The salary cap gets me every time. I still don't know if you put 80% of a players agreed contract into the contract with 20% paid outside that, how do the chiefs find out.....
I heard Rupo have got back the WRFL guys that left them when they first came into the league. All 1 pointers plus another VFL player, don't know name but was a junior.
Hickman back to Centrals? Has a good relationship with new coach and footy department.

The salary cap gets me every time. I still don't know if you put 80% of a players agreed contract into the contract with 20% paid outside that, how do the chiefs find out.....
Where did you hear that Hickman has a good relationship with the new coach?

Keston, are you aware of how the Goldfields are going to plan to try to catch salary cap cheats?

Keston, are you aware of how the Goldfields are going to plan to try to catch salary cap cheats?
Have seen articles where this will be set by AFL vic in guidelines to leagues to follow up ....
They won't be made to look like fools ....

I can't understand why Sunbury, Broadford and Macedon get extra points???

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
My pet hate in local footy this. I would have thought that all are on equal playing field and only reason to consider additional points would be catchment area to recruit (ie. small town or isolated population), no juniors or very very limited juniors numbers and teams. To me, just because a team sits at the bottom of the ladder for a few years, if it is not based on those factors, then too bad, that's competition in local sport, and I reckon most of us know a large part of clubs sitting on the bottom of the ladder is a result of bad decisions, poor management, not due to environmental factors that impact sustainability.

My pet hate in local footy this. I would have thought that all are on equal playing field and only reason to consider additional points would be catchment area to recruit (ie. small town or isolated population), no juniors or very very limited juniors numbers and teams. To me, just because a team sits at the bottom of the ladder for a few years, if it is not based on those factors, then too bad, that's competition in local sport, and I reckon most of us know a large part of clubs sitting on the bottom of the ladder is a result of bad decisions, poor management, not due to environmental factors that impact sustainability.
Agree but the teams I have mentioned are not bottom teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand why Sunbury, Broadford and Macedon get extra points???

Well now you have mentioned the above 3 clubs
List your reasons why they shouldn't be allocated 3 additional points than a team that's competed in the last 4 grand finals

Go tell lancefield broadford rockbank that you really don't have any real idea ...

Go tell lancefield broadford rockbank that you really don't have any real idea ...

What are you talking about..... read my post. Easily argued Lancefield have environmental factors outside their immediate control (no to limited juniors and small population), Rockbank (no juniors at all, could argue they have a fair catchment to recruit from however their immediate townhship warrants a solution and no one would argue with that in the short term, broadford, not sure, don't know their junior program and would love to know what Macedons reasons are. I keep saying need consistency or clear criteria for additional points, and I do not believe lack of success should be the primary, lack of success is a result of a number of things, if they are the issues I have stated I would support it but these inconsistencies raise questions re the RDFL Board and their ability to run this comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back