RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know who's coaching romsey but they are having a change
Also couple other big movers soon to be announced.. Not my place to announce it so don't ask...
If Melton central grab fev that's a massive grab but have they got the crew to capitalise on that long term will be the big question..
Cmon who's got other gossip :)
Melton south got Fev cobber.

Hey guys!
I just want to put a big thanks out to everyone who supported 100.7 Highlands FM this year ... especially throughout the finals... we had a great hard working team that continued to back up each week, on and off the mic.. and we were able to give some quality experience to a future young media star, Ethan.. who is also a talented Division One bowler and has the potential to push high up in the state and national ranks. A big thanks to IMS for his hard and dedicated commitment over the finals.. without him, we wouldn't have had the success that we had.
A special thanks to Milly.. Petey and the Romsey Football Netball Club for hosting us on the day and giving us tremendous support .. it was great to sit in the rooms for a number of hours after the game, enjoy a few beers and help celebrate the success that they had for the day.. as everyone knows, they are a quality club and should be and are admired for their professionalism, dedication and friendship.. this goes for all clubs as well.. without their support, the Highlands FM brand would not have had the success it has over the last eight seasons.. I'm very proud of what everyone has able to achieve..
Unfortunately we haven't had the best success we wish to have, and that's increasing regular community participation outside the football season.. we haven't attracted the revenue and new volunteers that we would have liked.. there is one thing to produce a product year in, year out, and there is about growth in numbers to make the producer of the product stronger for the future.
The Macedon Ranges based community radio station welcomes new volunteers and new businesses to help grow the product. For anyone interested, they are most welcome to flick an email - thedesk@highlandsfm.org.au
Doing a radio show is some of the best fun you can have .. I've been doing it for 11 years, met the best people in my life (outside Spunk) through it .. enjoyed many beers with mates while producing a show.. and it's something special to be part of.
Obviously due to various circumstances, I won't continue on with the station in the current capacity next year.. and like every year, I'd love nothing more than to have someone who wants to lead the Highlands FM outside broadcast team, and for me to be another wheel in the cog.. so, fingers crossed, that with the support that the station has received, more people can put their hands up next year and give it a crack..
It's a great team to be part of .. and what better way to live the experience of matches like we saw to finish the year, on the mic?
There is an extremely high chance the station will not kick on with broadcasting next year, unless a few people put their hands up and want to take it on.
Thanks guys!

Hey guys!
I just want to put a big thanks out to everyone who supported 100.7 Highlands FM this year ... especially throughout the finals... we had a great hard working team that continued to back up each week, on and off the mic.. and we were able to give some quality experience to a future young media star, Ethan.. who is also a talented Division One bowler and has the potential to push high up in the state and national ranks. A big thanks to IMS for his hard and dedicated commitment over the finals.. without him, we wouldn't have had the success that we had.
A special thanks to Milly.. Petey and the Romsey Football Netball Club for hosting us on the day and giving us tremendous support .. it was great to sit in the rooms for a number of hours after the game, enjoy a few beers and help celebrate the success that they had for the day.. as everyone knows, they are a quality club and should be and are admired for their professionalism, dedication and friendship.. this goes for all clubs as well.. without their support, the Highlands FM brand would not have had the success it has over the last eight seasons.. I'm very proud of what everyone has able to achieve..
Unfortunately we haven't had the best success we wish to have, and that's increasing regular community participation outside the football season.. we haven't attracted the revenue and new volunteers that we would have liked.. there is one thing to produce a product year in, year out, and there is about growth in numbers to make the producer of the product stronger for the future.
The Macedon Ranges based community radio station welcomes new volunteers and new businesses to help grow the product. For anyone interested, they are most welcome to flick an email - thedesk@highlandsfm.org.au
Doing a radio show is some of the best fun you can have .. I've been doing it for 11 years, met the best people in my life (outside Spunk) through it .. enjoyed many beers with mates while producing a show.. and it's something special to be part of.
Obviously due to various circumstances, I won't continue on with the station in the current capacity next year.. and like every year, I'd love nothing more than to have someone who wants to lead the Highlands FM outside broadcast team, and for me to be another wheel in the cog.. so, fingers crossed, that with the support that the station has received, more people can put their hands up next year and give it a crack..
It's a great team to be part of .. and what better way to live the experience of matches like we saw to finish the year, on the mic?
There is an extremely high chance the station will not kick on with broadcasting next year, unless a few people put their hands up and want to take it on.
Thanks guys!
Your a scallop & a chip Yeendy, a true legend of our league and beyond in my eyes. Huge thanks from all of us at Romsey for all you have done for our club over the years its been priceless. I wish you all the best on your upcoming wedding to the spunk and your future endeavours, i just know what ever you do you will excel at. There will always be a cold beer and hot Redback burger ready and waiting for you at the home of the mighty Redbacks my friend whenever you want to pop in, to use your quote, we are 'One League One Dream'.

Your a scallop & a chip Yeendy, a true legend of our league and beyond in my eyes. Huge thanks from all of us at Romsey for all you have done for our club over the years its been priceless. I wish you all the best on your upcoming wedding to the spunk and your future endeavours, i just know what ever you do you will excel at. There will always be a cold beer and hot Redback burger ready and waiting for you at the home of the mighty Redbacks my friend whenever you want to pop in, to use your quote,

Well said Peter Yendy you are a champ

BUT
we are 'One League One Dream'.
Please stop quoting this as we will find out eventually it will be one league
GOLDFIELDS. :)

Cheers IMS, Feel free to Fill in any gaps if you can ...

Broadford - ???
Wallan - Nolan
Romsey - ???
Lancefield - Manning
Riddell - Elliott
Macedon - Andrews
Diggers - Sims
Rupo - Fitzy
Centrals - ???
Kanga's - Dixon
Rockbank - ???
Woodend - Sleight
Centrals - Matthew Sproule

Broadford - ???
Wallan - Nolan
Romsey - ???
Lancefield - Manning
Riddell - Elliott
Macedon - Andrews
Diggers - Sims
Rupo - Fitzy
Centrals - ???
Kanga's - Dixon
Rockbank - ???
Woodend - Sleight

Will that be Chris Nolan coaching Wallan? lol!

Broadford - ???
Wallan - Nolan
Romsey - ???
Lancefield - Manning
Riddell - Elliott
Macedon - Andrews
Diggers - Sims
Rupo - Fitzy
Centrals - ???
Kanga's - Dixon
Rockbank - ???
Woodend - Sleight

Safe to say Skip goes around at Broadford again. Anybody else heard unsavoury rumours/allegations about bigfooty's favourite coach and a spectator from Preliminary Final weekend?

Will that be Chris Nolan coaching Wallan? lol!

Well they are still an RDFL entity but nah Nugget has done a great job as a first year coach and 2017 will be better again down there I reckon ..... honestly though I dunno what we'll do now the juniors have rolled across to the Northern FL also :(

Centrals - Matthew Sproule

Great appointment WOW.. has significant experience. When I was told on the weekend that sproule was a favored candidate I initially thought it was Paul the brother who had previously coached at Centrals and played a few years back, he did ok with them. I know they are all good mates so any truth they may look to try to lure Scoble to a support role?

Anyone also heard Helmers back to Romsey and Meacham to become an assistant to a club in the league also if he does not get a senior job. I was told Kangaroos again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know they are all good mates so any truth they may look to try to lure Scoble to a support role?

Anyone also heard Helmers back to Romsey and Meacham to become an assistant to a club in the league also if he does not get a senior job. I was told Kangaroos again?

Wow Deano back to the Web would be big news indeed, and how good would it be to see Meach back involved.

Saw Troy at Western Jets TAC Cup games this year is he not remaining with them?

Great appointment WOW.. has significant experience. When I was told on the weekend that sproule was a favored candidate I initially thought it was Paul the brother who had previously coached at Centrals and played a few years back, he did ok with them. I know they are all good mates so any truth they may look to try to lure Scoble to a support role?

I am told that Sunbury Kangaroos are looking at having a fair dinkum crack again this year and are looking to land some big fish.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Great result for centrals
Would be great see meach back
Deano won't be at romsey .....:)

Wow Deano back to the Web would be big news indeed, and how good would it be to see Meach back involved.

Saw Troy at Western Jets TAC Cup games this year is he not remaining with them?

I think it would be a longshot Doona for Scoble. Your right he is an assistant in the TAC Cup. Just got off the phone to my mate he confirmed Scoble is staying at the Jets for next year, reckons he has had a few clubs contact him but is looking to further his coaching again at that level. My mate did say him and the Sproules are very close mates, they played together and Sproule was his coach when he was captain at Melton South so who knows they may ask him for some support.

Hopefully Helmers is not lost to the RDFL, a colorful character and his coaching record has spoken for itself. I would assume he would not be short of offers to coach at a range of levels and clubs though. Will Andrews remain in charge at Macedon after the finals exit?

Sproule had a soso coaching career in the Bellarine League with Modewarre and Portarlington. Brings some good experience and hopefully can bring some players with him.

Is sproule confirmed ? Have heard Andrew buttons has been spoken too?
I know they tried getting dougy hawks over but he had no interest

I think it would be a longshot Doona for Scoble. Your right he is an assistant in the TAC Cup. Just got off the phone to my mate he confirmed Scoble is staying at the Jets for next year, reckons he has had a few clubs contact him but is looking to further his coaching again at that level. My mate did say him and the Sproules are very close mates, they played together and Sproule was his coach when he was captain at Melton South so who knows they may ask him for some support.

Hopefully Helmers is not lost to the RDFL, a colorful character and his coaching record has spoken for itself. I would assume he would not be short of offers to coach at a range of levels and clubs though. Will Andrews remain in charge at Macedon after the finals exit?

Believe Macedon are trying to get a gun playing coach but have Andrews on hold if they can't land one. Hasn't delivered with a quality list and big spending over last couple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back