RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadford 7.5.47
Lost to
Lancefield 8.15.61

Roos by 32pts at qtr time but Lancefield fielded more actual senior standard footballers and when they linked up it was enough.

Broadford kids tried super hard spewing they couldn't hold on but Lancefield to be fair shoulda had it covered by 3qtr time.

Myles Dorman for me close to the most influential out there.

Sunbury held off Wallan by 11pts and I believe Riddell won also

Sounds a little bitter.
One idiot from each club I would have thought.
Disappointing for you that you had a player that wanted to keep going on with it after your club lost.

I think the situation was summed up by one of the Romsey life members who took it upon himself to come into our rooms after the game to apologise for the behaviour (he was not involved by the way). That about sums it up. We move on. As I stated earlier, a great win by the Romsey boys.

I think the situation was summed up by one of the Romsey life members who took it upon himself to come into our rooms after the game to apologise for the behaviour (he was not involved by the way). That about sums it up. We move on. As I stated earlier, a great win by the Romsey boys.
That's great .
Would be good if you took some responsibility for your own.
As you said "we move on"

Very frustrating day at Sunbury. The wind was certainly worse than anything we get up in Wallan.

Bad kicking is bad footy and we kicked badly along with a really poor 2nd 1/4 defensive effort while enjoying a very good breeze. On a positive note the 18s who looked really good and the 2s remain near the top of the ladder.

Sounds like it was a fairly satisfying win by Romsey today.
From what I hear the fella that carried on a bit today was the same guy that misbehaved against broadford last year and a few times previously in the juniors.
Last year Romsey handled the situation brilliantly and I'm told are dealing with the individual once again.

I also heard that dean putt and his father were at it again after the game which brings back memories but I t would be unfair of me to comment further as I wasn't there.

Great to see Cory O'Sullivan finally stamping his name out there as the great coach he is.

Sounds like the wallan v Sunbury game was a corker too. Anyone witness that game that can give us a bit of a rundown please????

Sounds like it was a fairly satisfying win by Romsey today.
From what I hear the fella that carried on a bit today was the same guy that misbehaved against broadford last year and a few times previously in the juniors.
Last year Romsey handled the situation brilliantly and I'm told are dealing with the individual once again.

I also heard that dean putt and his father were at it again after the game which brings back memories but I t would be unfair of me to comment further as I wasn't there.

Great to see Cory O'Sullivan finally stamping his name out there as the great coach he is.

Sounds like the wallan v Sunbury game was a corker too. Anyone witness that game that can give us a bit of a rundown please????
Great win today Deano looks like things starting to come along well how did the rdfl boys go today

Let's not let a few delinquent DH from either club who will be dealt with appropriately in due course, detract from what was a thrilling and tense game to the end, a low scoring game with a significant wind advantage to one end speaks volumes about each teams desire to win. While I'm super proud of our boys efforts and sticking to the coaches game plan I also tip my hat off to Brad & Kev and their team while gutted they lost they still left footy stuff on the ground and came in to the club afterwards with no BS as it should be. On another note, what a great day the indigenous round is, however I would just like it noted if we are truly a Football & Netball League then I say to the league you need to also promote it throughout all our Netball sides too, each club has 7 teams with 4 of those being Netball, just saying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell Rupo get beaten, now all the sooky bullshit comes out. Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses, cop it on the chin you bunch of sooks.
So are you saying as long as you win you can carry on like peanuts????
One of your supporters apologised to ruppertswood people today about your club behaviour.
Last week there where questions asked about Romsey netballers and supporters behaviour. But you win and that makes it all ok.

Last edited:
So are you saying as long as you win you can carry on like peanuts????
One of your supporters apologised to ruppertswood people today about your club behaviour.
Last week there where questions asked about Romsey netballers and supporters behaviour. But you win and that makes it all ok.

Don't try to tarnish the club because of one non member who is known around the clubs as a trouble maker. As for the netball why would you be commenting on the game when you were, as I believe not there. I think it was great that a Romsey member apologised for the behaviour of one non member. Not Club as you keep stating. As I said cop it on the chin sook.

Last edited:

The game was reasonably even, but for mine Wallan lost the game in that 2nd 1/4 period where they just let Lobb and Farmer have their own way with some very loose defending and blokes not being prepared to run both ways. Of course that all came about by Sunbury be willing to run hard and work for one another.

After halftime I thought we were clearly the better side, but 4 goals 7 in the last 1/4 hurt.

One area Sunbury dominated in was, the height department. Lots of talls made for really good targets which I thought they used well.

Farmer was dangerous all day as was Lobb. I thought our best was Chris Barton who worked his arse off both ways, followed closely by Grindlay and Stewart for the same reason even though both youngsters had some average disposals. Dowsett was excellent in the 2nd half where he made some telling intercept marks and O'Sullivan continues to punch way above his height.

It really was a game which could've gone either way, but at the end of the day the side who kicked straight won, even though one of them clearly came off a knee in full view of both the field and goal umpire which even had Sunbury laughing.

Settle Auck it's all about what happens after 2pm :D

Yea, that's true mate, but if you've got nothing to come into the 2pm game later down the track, then you'll be in a spot of bother. :)

Don't try to tarnish the club because of one non member who is known around the clubs as a trouble maker. As for the netball why would you be commenting on the game when you were, as I believe not there. I think it was great that a Romsey member appolagised for the behaviour of one non member. Not Club as you keep stating. As I said cop it on the chin sook.
I wasn't on the moon but I believe man walked on it.
I wasn't at the netball last week but I believe your clubs behaviour was at the best poor.

How is Zac Saad traveling Dean.
Wish he still had the Redbacks jumper on

Yeah Zak saad has been fantastic so far. He loved his Romsey days and went on to play some terrific football Up north at the Gold Coast suns but decided to play footy this year for a bit of fun. He was a little bit scratchy at the start thinking he had to do it all himself but he is now absolutely flying and bringing other players into the game. Never seen him happier but I still believe he should be playing AFL but wtf would I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back