RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your telling the story, I watched the football. As I said you are a gossiper.
I may be a gossiper.
But the questions about the behaviour of your club over the past few weeks remain.
You obviously want to keep your head hidden some where..and pretend it hasn't happened...

Last edited:
Yeah Zak saad has been fantastic so far. He loved his Romsey days and went on to play some terrific football Up north at the Gold Coast suns but decided to play footy this year for a bit of fun. He was a little bit scratchy at the start thinking he had to do it all himself but he is now absolutely flying and bringing other players into the game. Never seen him happier but I still believe he should be playing AFL but wtf would I know

He certainly has all the tricks, I would love him at the Blues.

I may be a gossiper.
But the questions about the behaviour of your clubs behaviour over the past few weeks remain.
You obviously want to keep your head hidden some where..and pretend it hasn't happened...

You clearly have a gripe with the Romsey Football Club. Or is it that you can't stand being beaten by a bunch of kids. Maybe you need to move on, harden up and accept defeat.

On a positive note..
Thanks to the Broadford boys for leaving the club rooms in a excellent condition and all coming back for a beer today.

Hope not too many were drinking ha ha I'd suggest up to 8-9 of them today were under the age of 18 ;)

Tigers must be really celebrating no goals or best up yet?

I'd like to give props to the Macedon FC who were outstanding and respectful today for Saxon on reaching his 400 game milestone.

Thanks to Joffa, Terry and the whole club.

Recall seeing a message on this site re grand final venue not being at romsey this year is that correct and if so where will it be held.
Considering the facilities great ground and being well hosted why the change if it isn't being hosted due to the need to spread the dollars why not do what they do in the Ballarat league or KDFL and share the takings or divvy up the bar,canteen and ground raffle each year amongst the clubs ???

Sounds like the wallan v Sunbury game was a corker too. Anyone witness that game that can give us a bit of a rundown please????

I missed 1st 1/4 and that stage Kangas led 22 to 8.
2nd 1/4 Sunba dominated clearances and used ball very efficiently as opposed to pies continually missing targets and turning ball over.Wind advantage was minimal in Wallans favour.
3rd 1/4 wind picked up a little to Sunbas advantage (maybe 2 goal wind?) however Wallan increased work rate and ran harder with Saladino giving plenty of drive from midfield but had no forwards bar Nolan looked like marking ball or kicking a goal.
Last 1/4 wind really picked up (bout 4 goal wind?)but it was Sunba who got first 2 gls and it was game over.Yes Wallan kicked 4 and missed others but damage was done.
So from 23 goals kicked 10 of those where against the wind.
Big difference for mine was Sunba had better forwards and as much as Farmer didnt rack up stats he did kick 5 which was a huge factor.
Would expect both teams to finish from 3rd to 6th and not seriously challenge.Omo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You clearly have a gripe with the Romsey Football Club. Or is it that you can't stand being beaten by a bunch of kids. Maybe you need to move on, harden up and accept defeat.
Did Romsey have a player rubbed out for abusing a footy umpire as well last week?????
Sounds like your club has a gripe with umpires

Did Romsey have a player rubbed out for abusing a footy umpire as well last week?????
Sounds like your club has a gripe with umpires

Good evening Mrs Jessip, what gossip do you have for us today. You are correct with the Captain accepting a week for asking the umpire to move out of his way to be able to get to a contest. Very abusive
So what else do you have to gossip about????
Oh I've got one for you.
Ask around what club protected an umpire, from an abusive violent player a few years ago.
So ring around the girls and get back to me.

I wasn't on the moon but I believe man walked on it.
I wasn't at the netball last week but I believe your clubs behaviour was at the best poor.
Your trying to make something out of nothing with the Netball incident. Things happen in sport that may or may not be intentional, I know the entire story about this one & there's nothing in it. Accidental collision & blown right out of proportion, I know the parties involved, so drop it. The RFNC & the entire community do not have a culture problem, so you need to move on. It looks like the local kids are starting to mature as footballers, an exciting time ahead for the club. By the way, I'm not involved with the club, I'm just a good judge of Character.

Good evening Mrs Jessip, what gossip do you have for us today. You are correct with the Captain accepting a week for asking the umpire to move out of his way to be able to get to a contest. Very abusive
So what else do you have to gossip about????
Oh I've got one for you.
Ask around what club protected an umpire, from an abusive violent player a few years ago.
So ring around the girls and get back to me.
Spoke to some of the girls. Suzy from Sunbury reminded me of how well your club looked after the umpires and officials after the 2012 grand final.

Your trying to make something out of nothing with the Netball incident. Things happen in sport that may or may not be intentional, I know the entire story about this one & there's nothing in it. Accidental collision & blown right out of proportion, I know the parties involved, so drop it. The RFNC & the entire community do not have a culture problem, so you need to move on. It looks like the local kids are starting to mature as footballers, an exciting time ahead for the club. By the way, I'm not involved with the club, I'm just a good judge of Character.

The abuse one of the net ballers umpires was subjected to in breast cancer function after the game is just a part of the "things happen in sport that may or may not be intentional".
i know parties involved they are not happy.

The abuse one of the net ballers umpires was subjected to in breast cancer function after the game is just a part of the "things happen in sport that may or may not be intentional".
i know parties involved they are not happy.

I don't normally get involved in all this negativity on this site because it's exactly these types of comments that bring it down to the gutter level, but when it is a continuous mindless bashing of my club I thought I would step in and let you know that, yes we are not perfect, we don't always get it right, but we learn from our mistakes, rectify things and move on, which you also need to do, what RDFNL club do you support? one goat or glass houses I think your intelligent enough to know what I mean.

However on the other hand we don't deserve to be vilified and every past indiscretion bought up by someone who obviously has their own negative agenda against my club and on this occasion only has half the facts and is not privy to all that transpired and neither should you be.

How about acknowledging the positive points too that both our senior teams are playing an exciting brand of football & netball and we are looking very much forward to what our season will bring.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spoke to some of the girls. Suzy from Sunbury reminded me of how well your club looked after the umpires and officials after the 2012 grand final.

I think you are still pissed off about loosing the Grand Final venue, maybe your angry your club isn't travelling to well. Maybe your angry that Romsey FC is blessed with the young talent coming through.

I don't normally get involved in all this negativity on this site because it's exactly these types of comments that bring it down to the gutter level, but when it is a continuous mindless bashing of my club I thought I would step in and let you know that, yes we are not perfect, we don't always get it right, but we learn from our mistakes, rectify things and move on, which you also need to do, what RDFNL club do you support? one goat or glass houses I think your intelligent enough to know what I mean.

However on the other hand we don't deserve to be vilified and every past indiscretion bought up by someone who obviously has their own negative agenda against my club and on this occasion only has half the facts and is not privy to all that transpired and neither should you be.

How about acknowledging the positive points too that both our senior teams are playing an exciting brand of football & netball and we are looking very much forward to what our season will bring.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree with everything said in this post, this forum can get bogged down with petty infighting and personal bitch fights which is tiresome and tedious to follow.
I can't talk for the Netball but watching the senior game on Saturday I can say that any team that takes Romsey seniors lightly this year will end up with the same result as Rupo got by losing. They have a good mix of talented young brigade and some some seasoned other players like Romerill, Caruana, Birketts and O'Sullivan who combine very well to get the job done.

Well done to them.

I agree with everything said in this post, this forum can get bogged down with petty infighting and personal bitch fights which is tiresome and tedious to follow.
I can't talk for the Netball but watching the senior game on Saturday I can say that any team that takes Romsey seniors lightly this year will end up with the same result as Rupo got by losing. They have a good mix of talented young brigade and some some seasoned other players like Romerill, Caruana, Birketts and O'Sullivan who combine very well to get the job done.

Well done to them.

Actually thought second half of last year it wouldn't take a lot to make them a more consistent 5-6 goal a week better side, and hats off to Corey for putting his stamp on it and continuing with the developing environment the club began in 2016. Easier option woulda been to keep spending but this way could reap more fulfilling rewards in the not too distant future.

Playing kids is great, but then playing kids who can actually contribute to the standard is the real bonus. A big bodied set of mits forward and one more hard nosed/grown man thru the mid and things could get fair dinkum real quick ..... not too late with 31-32 days left ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back