RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will be and if we can get through all of them unscathed the game in 2 weeks against Macedon at home will be a great chance to see where the 1's are at as i dont expect their other teams to challenge ours too much

Love your confidence corzza98..... but there is a thing called 'finals'.... and you guys are yet to win one.... but I'm sure you'll hear more about it towards the end of the season...

They will be and if we can get through all of them unscathed the game in 2 weeks against Macedon at home will be a great chance to see where the 1's are at as i dont expect their other teams to challenge ours too much
No finals are played in July the fact is come finals week one the pressure on rupertswood will be huge as a loss will see them out or needing to back up or face the EXIT sign again.
There is a thing called experience and that comes with the knowledge and having the boys who can back themselfs on the big stage come finals there will be two or three sides with that hungry instinct that has seen them win finals
I believe rupertswood are looking good but looks don't count for much when the going gets tuff !

No finals are played in July the fact is come finals week one the pressure on rupertswood will be huge as a loss will see them out or needing to back up or face the EXIT sign again.
There is a thing called experience and that comes with the knowledge and having the boys who can back themselfs on the big stage come finals there will be two or three sides with that hungry instinct that has seen them win finals
I believe rupertswood are looking good but looks don't count for much when the going gets tuff !

It seems some may have short memories on this board.

2016 Macedon eliminated in straight sets
2015 Macedon eliminated week 1
2014 Macedon - no show
2013 Macedon eliminated week 1
2012 Macedon eliminated week 1

1976 last flag ? Methinks there is plenty of pressure on at the Cattery given the recent spend.

Last edited:
Ur obviously discounting Macedon's recent finals form when you install them as favorites then Dave?

As Pauline would say "Please Explain?"

It seems some may have short memories on this board.

2016 Macedon eliminated in straight sets
2015 Macedon eliminated week 1
2014 Macedon - no show
2013 Macedon eliminated week 1
2012 Macedon eliminated week 1

Methinks there is plenty of pressure on at the Cattery given the recent spend.

I think a couple of those week 1 exits they finished third after the home and away.
So it wasn't like they just scraped in.
Finals haven't been good for them in the past .

Love your enthusiasm Corrza98, but a lot of water to pass under the bridge yet. All 3 comps up for grabs. Looking forward to the games at Greenhill Reserve tomorrow.

Hoping for 3 really good games of footy and for about only the 2nd time I'll be able to watch all 3.

Grindlay and Fowler playing seniors weakens the 18s a bit, but they're a good side without them and it still should be great viewing. Hopefully the twos game will be as good as the DR game a couple of weeks ago. Short a few over the two senior sides, but should still be very competitive. Looking forward to a great day.

We've got the 2016 Bowen Medalist and we've also recruited the 2016 Keilor Premiership ruckman Dean Putt and numerous State league players including Seany Heatherington (Williamstown) Jesse Wallin (Collingwood), Matty Adams (Swan Districts) and i may be forgetting a few but yeah we've done some good recruiting and hopefully time will tell if its the right recruiting
Young Corzza up and about of late.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Ur obviously discounting Macedon's recent finals form when you install them as favorites then Dave?

As Pauline would say "Please Explain?"
As I said at this time with a full list there slight favorites but flags are not won in July lots of boggy grounds to pass under the bridge let's see how diggers and Riddle bring it home

CORZA see you pulled your quotes was that after the 18.5 and reserves got done today funny how these things bite you on the arse sometimes

I highly doubt young Corzza is entrenched Rupo, maybe someone having a crank?

Caught the second half at Wallan, 9 points in it when I arrived. Rupo put the foot down in the 3rd, Wallan as they often do mounted their final quarter challenge to the city end before Todd Podolzcak kicked the last two to get it back out to 4 and a bit goals by stumps.

How'd the Diggers/Macedon game go? Looking at scores thru the arvo I'm assuming Diggers had last roll if the dice with the momentum and got a late run on hitting the scoreboard?

I highly doubt young Corzza is entrenched Rupo, maybe someone having a crank?

Caught the second half at Wallan, 9 points in it when I arrived. Rupo put the foot down in the 3rd, Wallan as they often do mounted their final quarter challenge to the city end before Todd Podolzcak kicked the last two to get it back out to 4 and a bit goals by stumps.
Rexhepi yellow card didn't help the Wallan comeback either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By jesus he was good. Took some terrific marks and was a constant danger. Rupo move the ball so slickly and are great to watch. I might give Dean Halliwell a tap on the shoulder next time I see him. Thought he was terrific in a pretty flat Rupo reserve side.

The 18s game was great despite the slippery conditions. Some names which stood out for me. Jake Sutton from Rupo and Jackson West from Wallan both had very good games.

Thought the umpiring in the two early games was outstanding. The first game was allowed to flow with the testing conditions and the two elderly blokes who did the reserves game were fantastic.

Rexhepi yellow card didn't help the Wallan comeback either

True, didn't look a lot in it from my angle but little Billy was right there so he musta saw something that warranted it.

By jesus he was good. Took some terrific marks and was a constant danger. Rupo move the ball so slickly and are great to watch. I might give Dean Halliwell a tap on the shoulder next time I see him. Thought he was terrific in a pretty flat Rupo reserve side.

The 18s game was great despite the slippery conditions. Some names which stood out for me. Jake Sutton from Rupo and Jackson West from Wallan both had very good games.

Thought the umpiring in the two early games was outstanding. The first game was allowed to flow with the testing conditions and the two elderly blokes who did the reserves game were fantastic.
Dean Halliwell played two's but the numbers didn't match up with the record I noticed.

CORZA see you pulled your quotes was that after the 18.5 and reserves got done today funny how these things bite you on the arse sometimes
Dave didn't you have the cats as the form side, like Corzza u went off half cocked and given The cats still play diggers in the last round this season is up for grabs.

Dave didn't you have the cats as the form side, like Corzza u went off half cocked and given The cats still play diggers in the last round this season is up for grabs.
Perhaps read my quote on page 41 it stated that I would make a decision after this round don't go jumping the gun so I believe diggers are favourites

True, didn't look a lot in it from my angle but little Billy was right there so he musta saw something that warranted it.

Not sure what happened with incident but my news from the ground was Wallan went better while Rexhepi was off then Rupo steadied when it was back to 18v18

Anyone got a report from Diggers and Macedon?

Was a really tight contest all day. diggers came out full of intent and Macedon didn't cope well with the pressure in 1st quarter. Diggers were 3 goals up until he little fella with dreads kicked a super goal out of centre and then set up another one just before siren.

2nd was complete turnaround. Macedon lifted intensity and tackled much better but couldn't put score on board. A goal after siren by an u18 put them about 10 points up.

The next quarter and half were pretty tight but Macedon looked in control to be honest. Diggers were trying to make it a scrap and Macedon were trying to open game up. When Harrison kicked one of the goals of the year out of the centre the cats went 16 points up and looked home.
BUT the last 10 mins of game were amazing - diggers just kept scrubbing the ball foreard and got on a roll. They must have kicked 6 in that time because the final margin was 20 points.

Best for Diggers were Mcabe 12, 25 and 33 sorry didn't have a record.
Best for Macedon were Somerville 2, Waters and 13 on wing who got yellow card for what must have been swearing or abuse cause there
Was nothing else in it.

Good game of footy both teams trying to play their own style. Who wins next time will depend where it's played. On big ground I think Macedon will be to skilful and quick but on small ground Diggers always a show.

Understand swearing towards umpires is a massive no, but I heard post game that Macedon number 13 who was sent off for swearing got given a week suspension?
Surely the yellow card + a free kick in the middle after the goal is punishment enough for swearing. Would hate to see a player miss a final over that

Some massive games this week that will shape the final 6. It's hard to decide which one to go and watch.
Macedon V Wallan: You'd expect the cats to get over the line particularly on their home deck but the pies will be up and about and take confidence from the way they played in patches yesterday.
Riddell V Diggers: Diggers bounced back well yesterday as all good sides do but will need to keep that up against Riddell who are always a tough ask at home and have found a solid patch of form lately. Will be interesting to see how much Elliot's knowledge of Diggers helps the bombers cause.
Romsey V Kangaroos: This game is huge and could go either way. Romsey always find a bit extra at home but the kangas will be equally as desperate to cement their spot in the 6. A few kangas players will know how to play the ground well too.

Finally some good signs coming out of Lancefield. One point down to the in-form side of the comp at half time isn't a bad effort for a rebuilding team with half their squad out injured. Riddell were far too good in the second half and credit to them, but Lancefield just didn't have the legs to keep the pressure on with 1 man left on the bench and 3 guys doubling up from the ressies. I think with a few good recruits to bring some depth and selection pressure they could go right back to being a competitive side very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back