bearsboy

All Australian
Mar 28, 2006
Gisborne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SD Chargers
When are the RDFL going to step up and make a stand against the Melton and Melton South junior footy clubs. The stories i am hearing from last weeks game between these two u16 sides (and parents) are quite disturbing.
We got rid of Craigeburn and Darley - now its time for the RDFL to have a real good look at booting these 2

Re: RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

When are the RDFL going to step up and make a stand against the Melton and Melton South junior footy clubs. The stories i am hearing from last weeks game between these two u16 sides (and parents) are quite disturbing.
We got rid of Craigeburn and Darley - now its time for the RDFL to have a real good look at booting these 2

Care to elaborate? I haven't heard anything but then again I'm not really associated with Juniors this year

Care to elaborate? I haven't heard anything but then again I'm not really associated with Juniors this year

A player was stabbed in the neck with a pen by a parent, the melton south coach was knocked unconscience, a player was kicked in the head until knocked out.

A player was stabbed in the neck with a pen by a parent, the melton south coach was knocked unconscience, a player was kicked in the head until knocked out.
Yeah Melton and Melton Sth would be great additions to the RDFL......pffft:mad:, And junior footy no less, what in the world gets into these people.

Yeah Melton and Melton Sth would be great additions to the RDFL......pffft:mad:, And junior footy no less, what in the world gets into these people.

Interesting to heat the outcome of last nights meeting. Both teams maybe stripped of all points. Would send a good message.

Interesting to heat the outcome of last nights meeting. Both teams maybe stripped of all points. Would send a good message.
As long as feral parents live their misguided dreams of sporting greatness through their children this will never stop KA.

Just been looking at the u16 ladder - looks like all points are gone.

Not wrong.
It looks like no great loss for Sth as it appears they haven't won a game.
I think it is good to see the league take a step and say they wont tolerate this type of behaviour

Not wrong.
It looks like no great loss for Sth as it appears they haven't won a game.
I think it is good to see the league take a step and say they wont tolerate this type of behaviour
Actually, it is wrong.
Ive just been speaking to an official from Melton and apparently they have decided to pull the pin themselves on the remaining game and finals. All the league have done by the look of it is slap both clubs with a good behaviour bond.

What a joke !

I thought the same to mate. But then I thought it might be a scumbury person with a thing against melton and sth. So I didn't read too much into it. How's the knee old man?

A player was stabbed in the neck with a pen.

Both teams and the RDFL desparately needed this to be swept under the carpet after the bad publicity the RDFL has been exposed to with last year. For a team that would play finals to have all their points taken away the so called rumours have validity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player was stabbed in the neck with a pen.

Both teams and the RDFL desparately needed this to be swept under the carpet after the bad publicity the RDFL has been exposed to with last year. For a team that would play finals to have all their points taken away the so called rumours have validity.

The team that had all their points taken away actually withdrew their own club from the remaining games and finals...

From the info that I received there was no one stabbed in the neck with a pen...

The team that had all their points taken away actually withdrew their own club from the remaining games and finals...

From the info that I received there was no one stabbed in the neck with a pen...

:confused: We really do need to start a junior thread pal to keep this peripheral non-issue hearsay stuff off the main board.

Just an aside to it though........ Did you happen to notice which CLUB has the most to gain out of all this ? Coincidence or what ? May just answer WHY it has been highlighted & pushed so publicly & vigorously !!! :cool:

:confused: We really do need to start a junior thread pal to keep this peripheral non-issue hearsay stuff off the main board.

Just an aside to it though........ Did you happen to notice which CLUB has the most to gain out of all this ? Coincidence or what ? May just answer WHY it has been highlighted & pushed so publicly & vigorously !!! :cool:

A team that would have played finals had all its points removed and banned its under 16 playing for the rest of the year. It is as big as a player punching an umpire or players jumping the fence to fight spectators. They both got a lot of air time. No one gained out of the South V Melton game.

A team that would have played finals had all its points removed and banned its under 16 playing for the rest of the year. It is as big as a player punching an umpire or players jumping the fence to fight spectators. They both got a lot of air time. No one gained out of the South V Melton game.

Were you at the game in question were you ?
Its a game of J U N I O R footy pal for christ sake !
To compare it to those other SENIOR incidents is just plain foolish........ but hey, then again, I suppose we all do play to our strengths I guess.
The sad & unfortunate thing here is, a great many young boys are gunna miss out on a game/s of footy. All because of the actions a few of them that made bad choices. Kids make mistakes...Thats how they learn. And these kids made a big mistake.... & now ALL of them have to pay for that. The last thing that needs to be done here.... IMHO is for people to start bagging them & rubbing their collective noses in it. Its Un-Australian ! Lets all move on.... or Lets all MOVE FORWARD, shall we !
& Let the League & the Club/s sort it out.

Oh & have a look at the revised ladder & then tell me no one gained anything out of it champ !

Were you at the game in question were you ?
Its a game of J U N I O R footy pal for christ sake !
To compare it to those other SENIOR incidents is just plain foolish........ but hey, then again, I suppose we all do play to our strengths I guess.
The sad & unfortunate thing here is, a great many young boys are gunna miss out on a game/s of footy. All because of the actions a few of them that made bad choices. Kids make mistakes...Thats how they learn. And these kids made a big mistake.... & now ALL of them have to pay for that. The last thing that needs to be done here.... IMHO is for people to start bagging them & rubbing their collective noses in it. Its Un-Australian ! Lets all move on.... or Lets all MOVE FORWARD, shall we !
& Let the League & the Club/s sort it out.

Oh & have a look at the revised ladder & then tell me no one gained anything out of it champ !

Gissy won 3 games for the year - all against Melton South - Woodend who they play this week will beat them by 100 points. The coaches and players do not want to play this week so I stand by my comments that no one has gained. But if you don't believe me have a chat to Scooter Rowsell who is coach of the Gisborne under 16 team. I am sure he can clear up any doubt.

Gissy won 3 games for the year - all against Melton South - Woodend who they play this week will beat them by 100 points. The coaches and players do not want to play this week so I stand by my comments that no one has gained. But if you don't believe me have a chat to Scooter Rowsell who is coach of the Gisborne under 16 team. I am sure he can clear up any doubt.

Thanks for clearing that up for us all. - That they have in fact GAINED a spot in the Finals that they would otherwise not normally have had !

You still have not answered my original question either pal..... Were YOU at the game in question ? A simple yes or no will suffice ?

Thanks for clearing that up for us all. - That they have in fact GAINED a spot in the Finals that they would otherwise not normally have had !

You still have not answered my original question either pal..... Were YOU at the game in question ? A simple yes or no will suffice ?

Yes Gisborne gained a final - just like an obese person that has gained weight or Caster Semenya gaining some gonads- it is not always a good thing.

Was not at the game. Do you need to be to make comment? Not everyone that posted about the umpire getting whacked last year was at that game but a lot people made a comment.

Yes Gisborne gained a final - just like an obese person that has gained weight or Caster Semenya gaining some gonads- it is not always a good thing.

Was not at the game. Do you need to be to make comment? Not everyone that posted about the umpire getting whacked last year was at that game but a lot people made a comment.

Really loved your analogies there pal. :thumbsu: I get your drift...... Sorta like an ignoramus getting fed a little knowledge I guess, also !

& NO, of course you dont need to witness something to make a comment, It just establishes ones credability. ie - whether your comments are based on first hand account, or as yours were,......... based on hearsay !

Anyway, keep the contributions coming pal, the place wouldn't be the same without you !

Really loved your analogies there pal. :thumbsu: I get your drift...... Sorta like an ignoramus getting fed a little knowledge I guess, also !

& NO, of course you dont need to witness something to make a comment, It just establishes ones credability. ie - whether your comments are based on first hand account, or as yours were,......... based on hearsay !

Anyway, keep the contributions coming pal, the place wouldn't be the same without you !

Gee that is pretty tough on our interstate posters that are unable to witness anything in the RDFL. Double blow if they are an ignoramus that gets fed little knowledge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back