Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Touch over 12 months since the 2014 thread sprouted wings, so I think it’s best we now cast an eye towards 2015. Congrats to all premiership teams/coaches and to those who won individual awards. But now it's time to look forward - time for all changes in personnel, rumours and all the sort of stuff we love throughout the “Silly Season.”

Go for your life lads, in the famous words of Bonnie Raitt … “let’s give them something to talk about”

Please message me your B&F winners/coaches so I can have this initial post fully updated ....

2014 B&F winners ....
Broadford – S. Boyall
Diggers Rest – L. Clark
Kilmore – J. Tilley
Lancefield – C. Collins
Macedon – J. Wright
Melton Centrals – N. Richardson
Riddell – B. Ruffell
Rockbank – ????
Romsey – B. Mitchell/C. Streeter
Rupertswood - ????
Sunbury Kangaroos – M. Welsh
Wallan – L. Irons
Woodend/Hesket – ????

And 2015 coaches ....
Broadford – A. Bray
Diggers Rest – S. Sims
Kilmore – Trav Mccarty/Dave Wightman
Lancefield – ????
Macedon – J. Andrews
Melton Centrals – G. Hopkins
Riddell – T. Scoble
Rockbank – G. Sporle
Romsey – D. Helmers
Rupertswood - B. Jordan
Sunbury Kangaroos – C. Meacham
Wallan – T. Frost
Woodend/Hesket – R. Sleight

Last edited:

Touch over 12 months since the 2014 thread sprouted wings, so I think it’s best we now cast an eye towards 2015. Congrats to all premiership teams/coaches and to those who won individual awards. But now it's time to look forward - time for all changes in personnel, rumours and all the sort of stuff we love throughout the “Silly Season.”

Gor your life lads, in the famous words of Bonnie Raitt … “let’s give them something to talk about”

Please message me your B&F winners/coaches so I can have this initial post fully updated ....

2014 B&F winners ....
Broadford – ????
Diggers Rest – L. Clark
Kilmore – J. Tilley
Lancefield – C. Collins
Macedon – J. Wright
Melton Centrals – N. Richardson
Riddell – B. Ruffell
Rockbank – ????
Romsey – B. Mitchell/C. Streeter
Rupertswood - ????
Sunbury Kangaroos – M. Welsh
Wallan – L. Irons
Woodend/Hesket – ????

And 2015 coaches ....
Broadford – A. Bray
Diggers Rest – S. Sims
Kilmore – ????
Lancefield – ????
Macedon – J. Andrews
Melton Centrals – G. Hopkins
Riddell – T. Scoble
Rockbank – G. Sporle
Romsey – D. Helmers
Rupertswood - B. Jordan
Sunbury Kangaroos – C. Meacham
Wallan – T. Frost
Woodend/Hesket – R. Sleight

My mail may be wrong but did hear Rupertswood may be looking for a new coach as BJ is looking at a coaching job in the amateurs

My mail may be wrong but did hear Rupertswood may be looking for a new coach as BJ is looking at a coaching job in the amateurs
He re committed. Hey Doon, is JC not locked in at Kilmore yet?

He re committed. Hey Doon, is JC not locked in at Kilmore yet?

Not sure what's happening to be honest, but I do hope a coach is locked in as time is getting on. Obviously I wasn't privvy to internal stuff but with Harro heading back closer to home I just assumed I meant JC was sticking on ..... but the fact nothing official has surfaced has me concerned.

Not sure what's happening to be honest, but I do hope a coach is locked in as time is getting on. Obviously I wasn't privvy to internal stuff but with Harro heading back closer to home I just assumed I meant JC was sticking on ..... but the fact nothing official has surfaced has me concerned.

Do you know of any of the kilmore boys following harro at all?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know of any of the kilmore boys following harro at all?

Haven't asked to be honest, but it appeared 5-6 of the lads the came up this year where mates of Paul's, so I doubt it could be questioned if they decided to go with him. Personally I hope they stick as the guys were great socially, and with a couple of additions combined with the graduating 3rds I thought some inroads potentially could've been made in 2015.

I've heard both Burkett lads to Romsey . I reckon the tigers are pretty much done

Bugger .... must be why I can't get a number for them to give to Yea's Footy Manager :(

Love it when the "sustainability" factor gets a run in terms of Romseys list. Not many have gone through the place in the last decade or so, that were earning through footy and eventually moved on to other clubs and leagues could honestly say that the move wasnt financially motivated. But thats footy thesedays and if a club elsewhere is going to pony up an extra 100 a week for your services for example, well thats a triple figure sum your knocking back over a season to hang around, and a lot of the time, more power to em for commanding that dilemma through their performances. The rare few do move on for other reasons. Bulldog Strack, Mick McCarthy and Wiz Kairns all great servants to the club, all team of the year members at some stage, and all moved due to work commitments. Meldrum moves on to kickstart a coaching career, as did Dan Carroll. But the thing is, Romsey will still generate its purse, and with the club being full of workers that want to work for the simple return of being involved in the joint, its is and is always going to be a decent one. For every one that moves on the trick is replacing them. You might lose a luke edwards or a ryan conellan and a troy smiley, and in roll your ash mclellands, brydan morgans and alistair meldrums. Times up and in come yourclint wheatleys and your gary moorcrofts, shan greens. They all didnt decide to come from out of town or where they were to little ol romsey on a sunday trip through the joint, and they certainly wouldnt stay for years ata timeif they arent looked after. They finish up and then theres your current crop, many that have been on the list for three and four years, the ones that arent, travelling from a distance to get there. They will always have the coin to pay and also reward the kids who can come in and make the cut these days. Because they will always have toilers behind the scenes. Much like riddell, much like diggers much like sunbury. If the others cant come up with the brass to compete... Find somewhere else to run a chook raffle, try and sell more pies and do whats gotta be done to get more peop,e down to your club. In the financially savvy modern local footy era, over the last fifteen years, when has romseys sustainability ever faltered. Credit where its due hey

I've heard both Burkett lads to Romsey . I reckon the tigers are pretty much done

Burkett boys are going no where. And I wouldnt lock in scoble at Riddell yet hearing a few will leave if he stays on!!

Burkett boys are going no where. And I wouldnt lock in scoble at Riddell yet hearing a few will leave if he stays on!!

That's fairly typical of the mindset of the modern day footballer. Things get tough, blame the coach. The coach stays on I better leave. Riddell miss the gf by a goal with half a side in tells me that scoble can seriously coach. Not to mention he is a premiership coach from the year b4....

As for the Burkett boys, I haven't spoken to them or signed them but I doubt any player is secure at lancefield right now

Haven't asked to be honest, but it appeared 5-6 of the lads the came up this year where mates of Paul's, so I doubt it could be questioned if they decided to go with him. Personally I hope they stick as the guys were great socially, and with a couple of additions combined with the graduating 3rds I thought some inroads potentially could've been made in 2015.

Simon crump has followed harro signing with south morang the other day

That's fairly typical of the mindset of the modern day footballer. Things get tough, blame the coach. The coach stays on I better leave. Riddell miss the gf by a goal with half a side in tells me that scoble can seriously coach. Not to mention he is a premiership coach from the year b4....

As for the Burkett boys, I haven't spoken to them or signed them but I doubt any player is secure at lancefield right now

These rumours were floating around prelim final day about Riddell from there own supporters so it's been doing the rounds just rumours and agree no doubt he can coach very good.

Lancefield need to act on coach quick before players get poached I'd say.
Gisborne keen on RDFL players aswell.

Is the big fella way and lobb staying on at romsey mongrel ? And what about Luke Ryan?

Ben way signed for 2 years which is great for the club. I honestly dont know if romsey will lose any players at this early stage. We are giving the blokes a well earned break and im sure they will be locked in at some stage soon.

The only players I heard that were leaving were streeter and tessari!!!!!!! I heard that from you lol. Can confirm both those boys are staying and dont be suprised if cam streeter is the next senior coach at romsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back