RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you should be on top after round 5 my friend!

ha ha ha only coz mongrels fit and firing.add a bit of grunt to the midfield hey.lol.
maybe we r lucky we dont face the premiership favourites early pal.
very intimidating redbacks outfit your building mate. i might have to start recruiting:D

no in all seriousness it should be a cracking season. numerous clubs are up and about. great news 4 the league. I would tho be keeping a close eye on diggers and macedon mate. very stable clubs retaining most of their top players and adding some. bring on the season i say!!!

ha ha ha only coz mongrels fit and firing.add a bit of grunt to the midfield hey.lol.
maybe we r lucky we dont face the premiership favourites early pal.
very intimidating redbacks outfit your building mate. i might have to start recruiting:D

no in all seriousness it should be a cracking season. numerous clubs are up and about. great news 4 the league. I would tho be keeping a close eye on diggers and macedon mate. very stable clubs retaining most of their top players and adding some. bring on the season i say!!!
Macedon looked very good last season and obviously under the new coach will improve,Diggers will be stronger, my mate Jayco will have Kilmore right up there, Riddell flag favourites once again, looks like the RDFL will have a very good interleague side, lets hope the players and coach's get behind it this year, i believe if you dont represent the league you shouldnt be included in the team of the year!

Hi Guys, I'm organising a fundraising run for Ryan Jans on the 6th march 2011 at the Riddell rec reserve. 10km for the serious and a 3km for us socialites and families. Could work it into your preseasons. Will be a great family/community day. You can enter teams or individuals,there will be fastest local footballer, longest kick and a few other events involving the local footy sides. Could be a good start to the mind games for season 2011!!!!!and a bit of prizemoney. Mongrel and Demon have already put their hands up and even the Gisborne Super Rules! Its a great cause so "Get On Board". We have a website for more info www.run4ryan.com or you can call me on 0402097867. Thanks fellas and girls. Scotty

Macedon looked very good last season and obviously under the new coach will improve,Diggers will be stronger, my mate Jayco will have Kilmore right up there, Riddell flag favourites once again, looks like the RDFL will have a very good interleague side, lets hope the players and coach's get behind it this year, i believe if you dont represent the league you shouldnt be included in the team of the year!

Spot on SLYONE, Riddle and Sunbury will be tuff sides to beat i think, Macedon always good, Diggers always there abouts, with kilmore all jayco's new recruits are looking really good in my view best set of recruits Kilmore have had in 10 years, Also its true Brent Gordon has signed at Kilmore was at training last night.

Spot on SLYONE, Riddle and Sunbury will be tuff sides to beat i think, Macedon always good, Diggers always there abouts, with kilmore all jayco's new recruits are looking really good in my view best set of recruits Kilmore have had in 10 years, Also its true Brent Gordon has signed at Kilmore was at training last night.

Brent 'Tuck' Gordon has signed mate. He will dominate too i think. His brother Shaun is handy but Tuck is a class above

did anybody go to agm last night????if so any news

Not a lot to come out of the AGM last night. Draw was released. Financials were discussed as were some minor house keeping issues.

One point of note would be that they are looking at 3 different football brands for season 2011. Burley, Sherrin and wait for it, Buffalo. The impression that I got from the RDFL hierarchy is that they are leaning toward the Buffalo ball. May have a lot to do with supposed remuneration package associated. Majority of clubs were in favour of paying the extra $15 a ball for the Sherrin.

Not a lot to come out of the AGM last night. Draw was released. Financials were discussed as were some minor house keeping issues.

One point of note would be that they are looking at 3 different football brands for season 2011. Burley, Sherrin and wait for it, Buffalo. The impression that I got from the RDFL hierarchy is that they are leaning toward the Buffalo ball. May have a lot to do with supposed remuneration package associated. Majority of clubs were in favour of paying the extra $15 a ball for the Sherrin.
If this league is to go forward, it has to use the best balls possible, we all know that sherrin make the best balls and there should be no argument! Price should not come into it.

If this league is to go forward, it has to use the best balls possible, we all know that sherrin make the best balls and there should be no argument! Price should not come into it.

bugger me ya's are paying enough in league fee's each year to demand Sherrin footy's are used . . . . stand up!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sherrin are only known to be the best because the used by the best (AFL) i can tell you that even at the top, which i do know about, even the balls there arent as good as you think, they are too often out of shape, some smaller than other, some even bigger, you dont seem to get a great consistency in the batch of balls...
I heard that a Buffalo was trailed in a game this year and was quite surprised with it, kept it shape, mind you it was a soggy rainy day also, but the ball was still good to use at in the 4th Q they said....

I know that the guys at Buffalo have spent alot of time coming up with a good ball, all you have to do is hold up a Sherrin, on its side, and look at the lacing & stitching where the bladder is, its like a mountain is on the middle of the ball

Thats not to say it wouldnt be fun chasing around the old T.W Sherrin on a Saturday, but i just think its worth seeing if the Buffalo balls are worthy, cant say on here that they are no good without trying them out....

Sherrin are only known to be the best because the used by the best (AFL) i can tell you that even at the top, which i do know about, even the balls there arent as good as you think, they are too often out of shape, some smaller than other, some even bigger, you dont seem to get a great consistency in the batch of balls...
I heard that a Buffalo was trailed in a game this year and was quite surprised with it, kept it shape, mind you it was a soggy rainy day also, but the ball was still good to use at in the 4th Q they said....

I know that the guys at Buffalo have spent alot of time coming up with a good ball, all you have to do is hold up a Sherrin, on its side, and look at the lacing & stitching where the bladder is, its like a mountain is on the middle of the ball

Thats not to say it wouldnt be fun chasing around the old T.W Sherrin on a Saturday, but i just think its worth seeing if the Buffalo balls are worthy, cant say on here that they are no good without trying them out....

I know the Wallan 2's used buffalo in a game last season, I think it was against Woodend, and the players that played that game were quite surprised at how good they were.

I know the league looked into using Sherrins a couple of years ago. the cost wasn't one of the major concerns as majority of clubs were in favour of paying a little extra.
The main problem they had was that Sherrin must be branded on 2 panels of the ball (or maybe 3) and therefore limiting the space for sponsorship logos.

I wonder how things are going in WA?

ha ha was only throwing out my personal opinion mate. In 2009 when we had a bye I went to W.A. and stayed with a mate who had a fitness gig at a WAFL club as well as the W.A. U/18's, I took a standard RDFL Burley and compared it to what they were using and for some reason they did seem a little different. I dunno if there a different grade's of footy available, but for me the WAFL type seemed to hold it's shape a tad better and the leather seemed a better quality.

Again in saying that I love Sherrin footie's but to avoid conflict and potential isolation Im happy to back the Buffalo :thumbsu:

Styles is going to Romsay because his best mate has committed to play there - Mitch Brewer. Their boss lives in Romsey and is a sponsor. Brewer will be a great pick up for Romsey. He was a good player in the BalFL so will be a gun in the RDFL - will be interesting to see where they play him as he can go forward or back and if he gets his fitness up could play some time in the middle.
Both Syles and Brewer have signed and will be staying on at Sunbury. :D

go for the Sherrins Because Burley are terrible they float ballarat fl & The Old Lexton Plains both used them clubs from the old LPFL are glad that the new leagues their going to CHFL who uses Sherrins and MCDFL i'd rather pay the extra 15 for a decent footy if ya got a windy day and you using a burley sherrins are way better for the Price of them

They will just be another 2 big and slow blokes in their forward line. Surely they wont make that mistake again this year. Meecham. Cuff. Fenten. G Ploog. Baker. Carroll. dont think so.

Thanx for your concern nbf.
If i remember correctly Sunburys "slow" foward line was good enough to miss last years grand final by 7 points. I wonder if Chris Meachem, Adam Fenton, Johny Baker and N.carroll played the pre lim final whether these 4 "slow" fowards could have made up the 7 points????
Garth Ploog played reserves last year, Meachem and Fenton missed the Prelim through injury and Jamie Cuffe can play every position on the ground. As the Kangas coach im more than happy to have several options to float through the foward line. As if all these guys will play foward at the same time... What it will do is make good competition for spots and like i said provide many options up foward.

Does your club have enough quality backmen to stop these slow guys u mentioned???? History says NO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back