RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to kick off a thread for the 2012 season as the old thread has reached it's limit..

Anyone like to confirm the Best and Fairest winners from each club and the coaching appointments for 2012.

Best and Fairest Winners

Romsey - Shannon Green
Sunbury Kangaroos - Jamie Cuffe & Chris Meacham
Diggers Rest - Craig Marshall
Melton Centrals - Kane Bullen
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs
Riddell -
Broadford - Grant Wearne
Lancefield - Phil Conway
Macedon - Jae Wilton
Woodend/Hesket - Jessie Waters
Rockbank - Nathan Jackal
Wallan - Justin Collis

Senior Coaches

Romsey - Mark Pedersen
Sunbury Kangaroos - Jamie Cuffe/Chris Meacham
Diggers Rest - Jamie Elliot
Melton Centrals - Brian Wheelahan
Kilmore - Chris Nolan
Riddell - Matt Power
Broadford - Matt Finch
Lancefield - Paul Tilley
Macedon - Al Meldrum
Woodend/Hesket - Glen Hopkins
Rockbank - Johnny Cott
Wallan - Scott Gilchrist

Time to kick off a thread for the 2012 season as the old thread has reached it's limit..

Anyone like to confirm the Best and Fairest winners from each club and the coaching appointments for 2012.

Best and Fairest Winners

Romsey - Shannon Green
Sunbury Kangaroos - Jamie Cuffe & Chris Meacham
Diggers Rest - Craig Marshall
Melton Centrals - Kane Bullen
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs
Riddell -
Broadford -
Lancefield -
Macedon -
Woodend/Hesket -
Rockbank -
Wallan - Justin Collis

Senior Coaches

Romsey - Mark Pedersen
Sunbury Kangaroos - Dean Helmers
Diggers Rest -
Melton Centrals - Brian Wheelahan
Kilmore -
Riddell - Matt Power
Broadford -
Lancefield - Paul Tilley
Macedon -
Woodend/Hesket - Glen Hopkins
Rockbank -
Wallan -

Woodend Hesket BNF Winners:

Seniors: Jess Waters
Reserves: Max Ambler
U18: Sam Wood

Woodend Hesket BNF Winners:

Seniors: Jess Waters
Reserves: Max Ambler
U18: Sam Wood

Good to see another former RDFL coach making the elite.
Ex Wallan assistant coach Dale Tapping appointed Collingwood's assistant coach. Joining other former RDFL personnel in Dean Moore(Riddell) and Kennear Beatson(Macedon/Gisborne).

Grant Wearne won Broadford's B&F from Bowen Medal runner-up Matty Coomans.

That's four club titles now for Wearney, bout time he headed to Seymour for a crack at the GVFL I reckon.

Pretty sure Finchy having another go at Broadford

That's four club titles now for Wearney, bout time he headed to Seymour for a crack at the GVFL I reckon.

Not hard to win 4 B&F at broadford haha, no great effort Wearney I do agree though should try play better footy.

Not hard to win 4 B&F at broadford haha, no great effort Wearney I do agree though should try play better footy.

His first B&F in the RDFL was in some very good company.. He proved when he stepped into the Interleague games that he was as good a performer as any at that level, I think he was named in the best for both games..

Jamie Elliot new coach of Diggers......good get.....ex Castlemaine and Darley. Good start for the Burra in 2012

Also ex Fitzroy, Richmond and St. Kilda player.

Ripping fella and still played good footy a couple of years back for his original club, Maryborough Rovers in MCDFL. Very good communicator and great footy brain.

It will be interesting to see what happens at Diggers. They have a core group of senior players who are quite close mates and with Simmsy missing out on the job, it will be interesting to see who stays and who goes as ultimately Diggers traditionally dont have big money to throw at guys to cover potential losses....Maybe the coach is bringing players with him, who knows????

Also ex Fitzroy, Richmond and St. Kilda player.

Ripping fella and still played good footy a couple of years back for his original club, Maryborough Rovers in MCDFL. Very good communicator and great footy brain.

yeah your spot on grant3. A couple of my best mates played several years under him and rate him very highly as a bloke,coach and player.

I do think however that Diggers are just patching up holes at the moment. What i mean by that is this..... The future of clubs is the strength of the Juniors, I beleive that unless the burra can somehow rectify the junior set up/ under 18s at their club, i feel they are in jeopardy of falling miles off the pace in the coming years. I dont say this with the intent of offending anyone, thats just how i see it and if i was the coach there i would definately be making u 18s the number 1 priority in the next couple of years:thumbsu:

doona, any news on the blues mate? hopefully back down in vic next year but not sure whether I'll get the chance to pull on the boots if thats the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah your spot on grant3. A couple of my best mates played several years under him and rate him very highly as a bloke,coach and player.

I do think however that Diggers are just patching up holes at the moment. What i mean by that is this..... The future of clubs is the strength of the Juniors, I beleive that unless the burra can somehow rectify the junior set up/ under 18s at their club, i feel they are in jeopardy of falling miles off the pace in the coming years. I dont say this with the intent of offending anyone, thats just how i see it and if i was the coach there i would definately be making u 18s the number 1 priority in the next couple of years:thumbsu:

Spot on mate, couldn't agree more, all of the sides without Under 18's have to put the work in to make sure that they can field a side!!! Proof is in the pudding when it comes to the Kangaroos, several of those youngsters in the Roos side last year came through the Under 18's, even though the Under 18's struggled for numbers for years..

It's been amazing with the development and improvement from the Sunbury Kangaroos Under 18s this year that saw a lot of those players line up in the seniors.. a lot of credit should go to those at junior level especially with the Roos 16s taking out the flag last year... successful clubs start from the juniors up..

It's hardly a revelation that clubs need U/18's. Every club wants them and realises how important they are. I am sure those sides are doing as much as they can. Central's are unlucky being the poor cousin of the other 2 Melton sides but have tried to form a link with Rolling Meadows. Diggers lost almost an entire team that followed the coach across the bridge. I am sure they are both working at it.

Congrats to everyone's favorite Big Footy poster Doona who has been appointed coach of Kilmore in 2012, a great move by Kilmore as he is exactly the type of coach that they need moving forward.. Best of luck mate!!! :thumbsu:

Congrats to everyone's favorite Big Footy poster Doona who has been appointed coach of Kilmore in 2012, a great move by Kilmore as he is exactly the type of coach that they need moving forward.. Best of luck mate!!! :thumbsu:

Congratulations big fella. Will be a bit strange coaching against Broadford though. Good luck with it all:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Congratulations big fella. Will be a bit strange coaching against Broadford though. Good luck with it all:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Cheers lads, got the all clear from me Doc mid September so thought I'd give it another go. Broadford obviously had a coach already, Kilmore were considering a non playing option and Im bloody rapt how its turned out. Ive watched this group closely for 12 months and I'm pretty keen to get into it now as I reckon with the right attitude and effort there's plenty of upside to that list. Im one of those dudes who jots a lot of stuff down whether its watching sides train or play and I have plenty of idea's to bring in.

Pecks and Rysa have remained onboard as assistants to complete our senior coaching panel which Im rapt about. We will interview candidate's for 2's and 3's in the next week or so to ensure we have teh full compliment of coaches to present when we meet for the first time mid Novemeber. A return to 3rds footy is on the cards which will be fantastic for the club also.

From the guys I spoken to thus far, I haven't had one of this years group say they wont be sticking 'round which is great. Add a few to a couple of easily identifiable area's and Im 100% confident you'll all see an improved and more consistent Blues outfit in 2012.

Dunno bout strange Roota me old mate, a few up home have said there bit which is expected, but it would be tougher if I was an actual player. In fact two of the most supportive when I mentioned about applying were president Webby and coach Finchy which made the decision pretty clear. Well over a dozen of the guys up there Ive coached have been great and quite complimentary via a call or text.

Recruiting wise, well I guess it's time to do what comes naturally round these parts and start ringing players from rival RDFL clubs :D

Cheers lads, got the all clear from me Doc mid September so thought I'd give it another go. Broadford obviously had a coach already, Kilmore were considering a non playing option and Im bloody rapt how its turned out. Ive watched this group closely for 12 months and I'm pretty keen to get into it now as I reckon with the right attitude and effort there's plenty of upside to that list. Im one of those dudes who jots a lot of stuff down whether its watching sides train or play and I have plenty of idea's to bring in.

Pecks and Rysa have remained onboard as assistants to complete our senior coaching panel which Im rapt about. We will interview candidate's for 2's and 3's in the next week or so to ensure we have teh full compliment of coaches to present when we meet for the first time mid Novemeber. A return to 3rds footy is on the cards which will be fantastic for the club also.

From the guys I spoken to thus far, I haven't had one of this years group say they wont be sticking 'round which is great. Add a few to a couple of easily identifiable area's and Im 100% confident you'll all see an improved and more consistent Blues outfit in 2012.

Dunno bout strange Roota me old mate, a few up home have said there bit which is expected, but it would be tougher if I was an actual player. In fact two of the most supportive when I mentioned about applying were president Webby and coach Finchy which made the decision pretty clear. Well over a dozen of the guys up there Ive coached have been great and quite complimentary via a call or text.

Recruiting wise, well I guess it's time to do what comes naturally round these parts and start ringing players from rival RDFL clubs :D
Congrats Big Fella,

A step in the right direction for the KFC!

Congratulations Doona!!! Great to hear you back into the coaching caper and wish you all the best for the season/s ahead! Good stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back