RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're telling me that Diggers Rest lost to a division 2 WRFL team yet you expect them to finish 3rd ?

Yep, that is exactly what I am telling you...

Not sure about you, but I tend to avoid putting to much merit to preseason results without knowing the list that took to the field for either side.. I tipped Riddell to finish 2nd, but they lost to Gissy by in excess of 12 goals, but they also had about 12 players out.. Who knows who the Burra had out (I know they were missing several key players though), with the quality of recruits they have picked up, without seeing a game played in anger, as a preseason prediction, I tip Diggers Rest to finish 3rd. But if that is the worst of my predictions, I am pretty comfortable with my calls.

It's hard to debate any prediction though when the person doing the questioning didn't put his own predictions up...

Sunbury Kangas to lose 3 senior players to Romsey hope they can fit them in. Romsey should have a gun side with recruiting 3 late players going for back to backs

Who's getting the ass from the premiership side to make room for the 3 blokes from Sunbury?

I suppose the 3 Sunbury blokes have to make the side first!! Then it will come down to who trains, who's fit and who wants to have a fair dinkum crack. Good to have some depth tho, as injuries will no doubt take their usual toll

I suppose the 3 Sunbury blokes have to make the side first!! Then it will come down to who trains, who's fit and who wants to have a fair dinkum crack. Good to have some depth tho, as injuries will no doubt take their usual toll

I cannot beleive the amount of movement of players between clubs in your league. It is very rare that a number of blokes will go and play for a club in the same league as the one they are departing up my way

Players changing clubs happen in every league. I am suprised on how many Sunbury players left for Romsey its a shame really, how will those players feel when the kanga wins the flag.:D I'm rapt to be back at the kangas, everyones training well some of the new recruits are in good form aswell as all the old dogs. Working with meach n cuffe has been enjoyable and i can't wait to c how they operate gameday. The kids have impressed me with many adding great depth to the squad.

Who's getting the ass from the premiership side to make room for the 3 blokes from Sunbury?

I am pretty sure two of them will fit easy into anyones side. They might have to wait a couple of weeks but they will get in otherwise they will have a very good twos side im tipping

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kilmore Vs Avenel (Home)
Melton Centrals Vs Albanvale (Away)
Woodend/Hesket Vs Bungaree (Away)
Diggers Rest Vs Winchelsea (Away)
Wallan Vs Chirnside Park (Home)
Romsey Vs West Coburg (Home)
Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Learmonth (Away)

Kilmore Vs Avenel (Home)

Sunbury Kangaroos are playing away, but can't remember the name of the opposition, will edit this post as the matches come in.
Looking for umpires this Saturday, Romsey V West Coburg at Romsey Park, a raffle will be run on the day with proceeds going to the umpires.
The reason for this is no fault of the RDFL Umpires, it was due to a communication break down.Anyone interested please private message me.

Romsey are a shoe in the door with the handy pick ups of Mithch Farmer and also these 3 kangas guys!
There gonna be hard to stop they were a force last year and it seems there gonna be a even bigger force to stop this year!

Kilmore Vs Avenel (Home)

Wallan beat Chirnside Park by 2 points. Was blowing a gale from the northern end of ground (as usual).

Back living in the area first time writer long time reader is this result correct? I wacthed first half of this game before going to Kilmore for a look and without knowing scores i thought the visitors seemed well in control of general play. Couple of Wallans yooung blokes look handy but youre right about the wind last time I was at a game there I remember a heap of big trees. Will have to rug up if I drive into town for a look this season.

Kilmore Vs Avenel (Home)

Sunbury defeated Learmonth 22.11 to 4.4 was a great game by the kanga boys, new recruits dominated along with a couple of the older blokes especially the one coming off the half-back line. Looking forward to rd1 when we can welcome back 4 or 5 back into the line up. Any other results?

Hey Doona, just wondering if there was any reason to why Robbo was running around in the 2s on Saturday? By the way your boys looked to be well drilled and full of run on sat!

Hey Doona, just wondering if there was any reason to why Robbo was running around in the 2s on Saturday? By the way your boys looked to be well drilled and full of run on sat!

Yeh mate there kinda is. Matt has been back with us a little while now, but I'm sure you're aware of the fact he is yet to gain a transfer home from Wallan. Until that happens Matt agreed to play practice games onball with the two's as opposed to the role I'd like to be using him in - so that the lads don't get used to anything until we know he's 100% onboard, pretty much was Matt's call so as not to disrupt anything.

Hard to say where we are at, already everyone's saying the top5 from 2011 are gunna fill the same spots so I guess if it's considered a two tiered comp we'll try our very best to finished 6th and claim the divvy 2 title ;)

You a chance for a return to the field Satdy week?

Yeh mate there kinda is. Matt has been back with us a little while now, but I'm sure you're aware of the fact he is yet to gain a transfer home from Wallan. Until that happens Matt agreed to play practice games onball with the two's as opposed to the role I'd like to be using him in - so that the lads don't get used to anything until we know he's 100% onboard, pretty much was Matt's call so as not to disrupt anything.

Hard to say where we are at, already everyone's saying the top5 from 2011 are gunna fill the same spots so I guess if it's considered a two tiered comp we'll try our very best to finished 6th and claim the divvy 2 title ;)

You a chance for a return to the field Satdy week?

Yeah thats fair enough and makes sense mate. I knew he hadn"t been cleared yet so I thought that could have been the case.

Haha well if and once you's can get into that top 6 then I suppose thats half the battle, but once there anything can happen in september.
But yeah it does seem abit two tiered at the moment looking in from the outside.

Ah not too sure when I'll be returning at the moment mate. I had my groin operated on over the pre-season so I've only just returned to running and training the last couple of weeks. I was hoping for the start of the season but it's more unlikely than likely though at this stage.

I asked a chap in a Wallan shirt at the game have you picked up many or lost many and he said theyre happy with the additions and only look like losing one guy who wants to go back to kilmore I assume thats the guy you blokes are talking about? The guy then said he thought it would work out well because wallan apparently want a clearance for a gun player from Kilmore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back