Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Tomorrow marks 12 months since this thread sprouted wings, what are the chances of moving onto a new one for 2013, whatya say IMS or OMNI??? B&F winners, changes in personal, rumours, all the sort of stuff we love in the silly season :D

Tomorrow marks 12 months since this thread sprouted wings, what are the chances of moving onto a new one for 2013, whatya say IMS or OMNI??? B&F winners, changes in personal, rumours, all the sort of stuff we love in the silly season :D

Strange no comment from either on the Grand Final???

Doona I heard you are distantly related to Barry Hall any truth to the rumor that if Skip Bray gets the job at Broadford in 2013 that big Baz is a chance to line up there for a few games?
Who has been named coaches around the league?

Who won the best and fairests? seen in the local paper this week that Shane Jacobs won Kilmore who were the others?

Looking forward to 2013, with some big changes already happening at club level and league level, it's an exciting time for the RDFL going forward..

2012 Best and Fairest Winners
Broadford - Grant Wearne
Diggers Rest - Craig Marshall
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs
Lancefield - Chris Burkett
Macedon - Jason Davies
Melton Centrals - Jono O'Brien
Riddell - Matt Sammut
Rockbank - ??
Romsey - Brad Mitchell
Sunbury Kangaroos - Shane Bishop
Wallan - ??
Woodend/Hesket - ??

2013 Coaches
Broadford - To be announced.
Diggers Rest - Jamie Elliot
Kilmore - Chris Nolan
Lancefield - Paul Tilley
Macedon - Al Meldrum
Melton Centrals - Brian Wheelahan
Riddell - Troy Scoble-Power.
Rockbank - To be announced.
Romsey - To be announced.
Sunbury Kangaroos - Chris Meacham
Wallan - To be announced.
Woodend/Hesket - Glen Hopkins.

Looking forward to 2013, with some big changes already happening at club level and league level, it's an exciting time for the RDFL going forward..

Broadford - Grant Wearne
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs
Macedon - Jason Davies
Melton Centrals - ??
Riddell - Matt Sammut
Rockbank - ??
Romsey - Brad Mitchell
Wallan - ??
Woodend/Hesket - ??

2013 Coaches
Kilmore - Chris Nolan
Lancefield - Paul Tilley
Macedon - Al Meldrum
Riddell - Troy Scoble-Power

Matty Sammut won Riddells in the last round Hayden Ross 2nd and Peter Robertson 3rd.

Troy Scoble will coach Riddell in 2013.

Just wondering why S.Gilchrist has departed Wallan?
Isn't Peddo going to coach at all?

I don't know if either are not going around again, the coaching positions just haven't been announced as yet.

Broadford - Grant Wearne
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs
Macedon - ??
Melton Centrals - ??
Riddell - Matt Sammut
Rockbank - ??
Romsey - Brad Mitchell
Wallan - ??
Woodend/Hesket - ??

2013 Coaches
Kilmore - Chris Nolan
Lancefield - Paul Tilley
Macedon - Al Meldrum
Riddell - Troy Scoble
Rupertswood - Dave Barry.

Doona I heard you are distantly related to Barry Hall any truth to the rumor that if Skip Bray gets the job at Broadford in 2013 that big Baz is a chance to line up there for a few games?
Who has been named coaches around the league?

Distantly mate, my late father and Baz's mum are first cousins. Spent a lot of time knocking around as kids at different family members joints, but dont claim to be close or be privy to the actual mail as such. What I do know is that Barry and Skip are really good mates, as he is with all the other names linked to be heading home - Daniel Fletcher, Jamie Kelly, Ray Rowbotham, Christopher Dunne, Tommy Webster, Brett Slade, Adam Lejins.

I've been asked this by stacks of dudes over the past couple of weeks so I'd imagine there to be merit in it. Great coup for the club as Barry hasn't played in a 'Roos jumper since his first year of under 12's, reckon the gates will be massive. Rumours float between 4-5 home games and up to all home games and away games at Kilmore and Wallan, probly depends on Foxtel commitments too.

Broadford had their AGM last night, did hear at lunchtime Skip has been given the nod already, but pretty sure positions were still advertised in Tuesdays local paper so unsure if that's accurate, unless he was the sole applicant.

Either way Skip is a cracking bloke who will do really well at assembling a list capable of getting Broadford playing finals for the first time since 2007, he's a leader and very respected locally - I wish him well in his first senior role :thumbsu:

Broadford - Grant Wearne
Kilmore - Shane Jacobs
Macedon - Jason Davies
Melton Centrals - ??
Riddell - Matt Sammut
Rockbank - ??
Romsey - Brad Mitchell
Wallan - ??
Woodend/Hesket - ??

2013 Coaches
Kilmore - Chris Nolan
Lancefield - Paul Tilley
Macedon - Al Meldrum
Riddell - Troy Scoble-Power

Brian Wheelahan will be our coach for the next two seasons. The announcement will be posted on our website early next week.

B&F Winners
Seniors - Johnathan O'Brien
Reserves - Aaron McNabb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Distantly mate, my late father and Baz's mum are first cousins. Spent a lot of time knocking around as kids at different family members joints, but dont claim to be close or be privy to the actual mail as such. What I do know is that Barry and Skip are really good mates, as he is with all the other names linked to be heading home - Daniel Fletcher, Jamie Kelly, Ray Rowbotham, Christopher Dunne, Tommy Webster, Brett Slade.

I've been asked this by stacks of dudes over the past couple of weeks so I'd imagine there to be merit in it. Great coup for the club as Barry hasn't played in a 'Roos jumper since his first year of under 12's, reckon the gates will be massive. Rumours float between 4-5 home games and up to all home games and away games at Kilmore and Wallan, probly depends on Foxtel commitments too.

Broadford had their AGM last night, did hear at lunchtime Skip has been given the nod already, but pretty sure positions were still advertised in Tuesdays local paper so unsure if that's accurate, unless he was the sole applicant.

Either way Skip is a cracking bloke who will do really well at assembling a list capable of getting Broadford playing finals for the first time since 2007, he's a leader and very respected locally - I wish him well in his first senior role :thumbsu:

About time he went home and played again. I hope he does pull on the boots for Broadford this coming season

Just wondering why S.Gilchrist has departed Wallan?
Isn't Peddo going to coach at all?

I thought he was coaching again have I missed something? If Rupo as you call them will be top four and Broadford have got Barry Hall and a heap of others then which two teams drop out of the top 6 Macedon/Melton???

The 2013 season proves to be another exciting year for the league. It will be interesting to see how the league structures the BYE and will the season need to start a week earlier?

I know it is a bit too early to be making predictions for the end of next year as the silly season has only just began and all we have to go on at the moment is rumor and speculation. Things should be alot clearer by Feb/March when players have committed to clubs. Having said that, the way I see it at this stage is that there are 6 clubs that could potentially go all the way. In no particular order...

Riddell: After the Sunbury Lions winning the flag, some players are rumoured to go to Riddell with the Surge influence. If this does happen it allows them to top up. Need to wait and see what happens there.

Rupertswood: A number of quality players rumoured to be retruning to the club. If the rumours are true they will be a very tough side to beat.

Diggers: Last years minor premier. Nothing like disapointment to give sides that extra bit of motivation for the next season. Expect them to hang tough and give it a red hot crack next year.

Sunbury: Whilst going back to back will prove very tough next year, they can't be denied. Haven't heard too much about recruits yet but they wouldn't want to take their eye off the ball. Meach, not playing (just coaching), Bishop I think is out already after that horrible injury and possibly one player going back to Rupertswood. Will they need to cover such players?

Romsey: A proven consistent performer of recent years. Need to wait on coach announcement first but would expect them to be there abouts. They also have a fair bit of motivation after the way there season finished.

Macedon: An inconsistent side last year, the time is now for the Cats to make a fairdinkum assult on the competition. Apparently they have coin to spend so it will be interesting to see who they get. A good club that has rebuilt themselves gradually, but the time is probably right to try and get into the top 3.

New to the site but heard today pedo signed for another year and I also heard Broadford has signed a gun full forward for next season couldn't be Bazza could it.

If you scroll up seanj Doona pretty much said so in a diplomatic way, and Doona yes I was of the impression that Scott Gilchrist was coaching Wallan again. If Big Bad Bustling Barry is playing home games for Broadford then I hope the games dont clash with too many Wallan home games.

If you scroll up seanj Doona pretty much said so in a diplomatic way, and Doona yes I was of the impression that Scott Gilchrist was coaching Wallan again. If Big Bad Bustling Barry is playing home games for Broadford then I hope the games dont clash with too many Wallan home games.

Yeh pretty sure its a done deal, heard it from enough club people the past week and even heard the word "flag" mutted in the Top Pub last Friday. Some good days at the footy guaranteed for the Broady faithful in 2013 especially with a few club favourites returning also.

Was told on Satdy Cal that Scott isn't continuing and that Wallan hoped to lure Gav Langborne home for the job, but my mail has him as Skip's 2 i.c. to assist in his debut to coaching.

Thats a shame to read that I thought he did a fair job, mind you i watch from the car a lot and wander to a huddle every now and then. Any ideas who may coach them? Langborne is a local name too so its a shame they couldnt get him to coach. Talking flags after 4 wins this year surely doona they must have more than Barry Hall coming?

Thats a shame to read that I thought he did a fair job, mind you i watch from the car a lot and wander to a huddle every now and then. Any ideas who may coach them? Langborne is a local name too so its a shame they couldnt get him to coach. Talking flags after 4 wins this year surely doona they must have more than Barry Hall coming?

In case you forgot Cal I actually coach Kilmore FC and can't wait for someone from Broadford to bloody sign up to big footy. I said to Peddo today that for 4 years no one has given 2 $hits about anything to do with the club, now Im getting bombarded not just on here but via text and email about the joint ha ha!!!

Names were mentioned higher up the page Cal on who's tipped to return, fair line up if you're aware of them.

Hey Omni copy and paste ya top 10 on the the other thread across to here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back