RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would have thought maybe that was the outside influence of Coach elliott, developing future players like hannan x 2, gleeson, crimmins, peters, marsh. so that when the players u named left diggers would still be a threat, Dont forget that woods and holloway havent played in 2014. maybe diggers have 1 more hurrah in them

you would have thought maybe that was the outside influence of Coach elliott, developing future players like hannan x 2, gleeson, crimmins, peters, marsh. so that when the players u named left diggers would still be a threat, Dont forget that woods and holloway havent played in 2014. maybe diggers have 1 more hurrah in them

Yeah thats a good point but from what I have seen the players above are a few steps down from the ones I have named to move on... Dylan Hannan looks a player of the future though and John Ryan is proven Stuart Clarke is fairly young too... But who knows when a couple of clubs come ringing they might be off too?

Very disappointing with Jamie after getting so close this year and after committing to the job on Presentation night in his speeches. A couple of people were very uncomfortable on presentation night after he said that because in the pipeworks was Sims appointment unbeknown to Jamie -Blindsided. Players were signed up with out knowing who was going to coach them assuming it was Jamie. Be interesting to see if the players still play.
Ben Jordan quality player/coach and will make a difference down at the Sharks will be the big improvers. I wonder if Ben will have a run or two in the Seniors - he would be more than capable.

Very disappointing with Jamie after getting so close this year and after committing to the job on Presentation night in his speeches. A couple of people were very uncomfortable on presentation night after he said that because in the pipeworks was Sims appointment unbeknown to Jamie -Blindsided. Players were signed up with out knowing who was going to coach them assuming it was Jamie. Be interesting to see if the players still play.
Ben Jordan quality player/coach and will make a difference down at the Sharks will be the big improvers. I wonder if Ben will have a run or two in the Seniors - he would be more than capable.
Pretty ill informed post from what I know. The burras won't play this out in a public forum like this. No club would or should.

2014 Predictions:
Premiers: Romsey 10+ goals
Runners up: Diggers (again) sorry simmsy
Bowen: Paul Sahlberg (if he stays)
Biggest Improver: Romsey (well done mongrel)
Biggest Slider: Sunbury
Must be smoking pipe

Top 6:
Riddell
Romsey
Diggers
Rupo
Macedon
Sunbury

I agree with the order of you top 6 toucha, except Sunbury but only because the rest of the comp is not competitive. diggers with easy road to gf finishing 3rd.
Must be smoking a pipe

But on the quite top 6
Riddell
Kangaroos
Diggers
Rupo
Broadford
Macedon

Remember this post
Biggest improver broadford
Outsider lancefield
Slide romsey

Remember this post

I'm sure if any past players of a club "wanted" to return to their home club they would have no trouble in doing so. Like blues 12 mentioned above when these players first left over 4 years ago there were very few nice words spoken about them, they are all great blokes and some of them have become fantastic players. As for "Rupo" players I have personally played in a flag with several of them so as far as the Sunbury Kangaroos football club and myself are concerned they are just as much Sunburys players for life as they are ex Rupo.

Just watching from outside I would have thought Rupo have more pressing needs than some of the ex players anyway. These guys will undoubtedly take up money when their needs lie in other positions. Gregory would be handy as a much needed defender but they really need some top liners. Lets be honest they were found wanting this season. They didn't beat a top 4 side. They have promise but they need some real match winners.[/quote]

In response to the above quotes... I don't think Rupo are too concerned with chasing former players at the Kangaroos. However, if former players have expressed interest in coming back then of course we will try to accommodate and welcome them back. I agree we have more pressing issues and first and foremost that is about securing our highly talented U18 group which is well and truly on track. As I have said earlier on this forum with regard to chasing ex players, I would be more focussed on chasing the blokes that took off to premier div EDFL a few years ago and that is looking promising on at least 3 accounts.

As far as words being spoken between the clubs, let me assure you that this has gone on for many many years from both sides of the fence and is definitely not one way traffic. Having said that I think it is all good and just adds to the healthy rivalry that we now share. Personally, I can't wait till round 1. There are also some good things spoken about blokes from both clubs and I still consider some of those boys to be good mates.

Anyway, we have a great new coach and although we are some weeks off our first training session there is a great feeling around the club and the boys are really keen to work hard and see how much we can improve next year.

Just watching from outside I would have thought Rupo have more pressing needs than some of the ex players anyway. These guys will undoubtedly take up money when their needs lie in other positions. Gregory would be handy as a much needed defender but they really need some top liners. Lets be honest they were found wanting this season. They didn't beat a top 4 side. They have promise but they need some real match winners.

In response to the above quotes... I don't think Rupo are too concerned with chasing former players at the Kangaroos. However, if former players have expressed interest in coming back then of course we will try to accommodate and welcome them back. I agree we have more pressing issues and first and foremost that is about securing our highly talented U18 group which is well and truly on track. As I have said earlier on this forum with regard to chasing ex players, I would be more focussed on chasing the blokes that took off to premier div EDFL a few years ago and that is looking promising on at least 3 accounts.

As far as words being spoken between the clubs, let me assure you that this has gone on for many many years from both sides of the fence and is definitely not one way traffic. Having said that I think it is all good and just adds to the healthy rivalry that we now share. Personally, I can't wait till round 1. There are also some good things spoken about blokes from both clubs and I still consider some of those boys to be good mates.

Anyway, we have a great new coach and although we are some weeks off our first training session there is a great feeling around the club and the boys are really keen to work hard and see how much we can improve next year.[/quote]

You'd need to improve a fair bit to be competitive with the top sides!! Your on the right track with your new coach but still a long way off!!

Anyway, we have a great new coach and although we are some weeks off our first training session there is a great feeling around the club and the boys are really keen to work hard and see how much we can improve next year.

You'd need to improve a fair bit to be competitive with the top sides!! Your on the right track with your new coach but still a long way off!![/quote]

Yes that is what I said. We are excited and keen to work hard and see how much we can improve. We know we need to improve a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be smoking a pipe

But on the quite top 6
Riddell
Kangaroos
Diggers
Rupo
Broadford
Macedon

Remember this post
Biggest improver broadford
Outsider lancefield
Slide romsey

Remember this post
Has anyone any idea on who has signed at romsey ??????

Let go the constant fascination with Romsey? Just focus on getting over to Hammond Reserve and making Broadford the big improvers ;)

Just watching from outside I would have thought Rupo have more pressing needs than some of the ex players anyway. These guys will undoubtedly take up money when their needs lie in other positions. Gregory would be handy as a much needed defender but they really need some top liners. Lets be honest they were found wanting this season. They didn't beat a top 4 side. They have promise but they need some real match winners.

Anyway, we have a great new coach and although we are some weeks off our first training session there is a great feeling around the club and the boys are really keen to work hard and see how much we can improve next year.[/quote] Wouldn't think EDFL clubs will let them just walk out the door especially Abers. Would be outstanding for Rupo if they could get some of them back though

Good little snippet from the league this week regarding Barry Hall going around again. With Hall in the side Broadford can challenge anyone on their day.

Let go the constant fascination with Romsey? Just focus on getting over to Hammond Reserve and making Broadford the big improvers ;)
Sorry Donna have utmost respect for you
But got the wrong person
That person who we all no has every right to considering the way he was treated
Any way will depending on AGM confront those and reveal myself !!

Sorry Donna have utmost respect for you
But got the wrong person
That person who we all no has every right to considering the way he was treated
Any way will depending on AGM confront those and reveal myself !!

I think you read it wrong (or I probly wrote it wrong at such a late hour haha), but I thought a few may head over this way hence why I thru that one out there wasn't directly aimed at yourself. The more the merrier I say, Broadford (and others) need assistance in key area's, and we all want to see clubs doing well and local footy thriving.

Have they signed ????[/quote] No idea. I have no affiliation with Romsey but have some good friends there. Can guarantee what you are doing is not helping your club whether you are right or wrong.

Most clubs sign there players mid season now to avoid this nasty period. If they are not signed no doubt Helmers is all over it. Romsey will be top 4. Too many resources not to be.

Have they signed ????
No idea. I have no affiliation with Romsey but have some good friends there. Can guarantee what you are doing is not helping your club whether you are right or wrong.

Most clubs sign there players mid season now to avoid this nasty period. If they are not signed no doubt Helmers is all over it. Romsey will be top 4. Too many resources not to be.[/quote]
Sorry but I have more than a affiliation
You believe that honesty and clarity hurts a club
Well the lack will even more
Ask the many clubs that have been through this they will agree
Any way this is a footy forum where people discuss issues
Predictions are made and outcomes are resolved in time

I think you read it wrong (or I probly wrote it wrong at such a late hour haha), but I thought a few may head over this way hence why I thru that one out there wasn't directly aimed at yourself. The more the merrier I say, Broadford (and others) need assistance in key area's, and we all want to see clubs doing well and local footy thriving.
Cheers Donna
Can tell you some I know are and are considering but it's silly season
Time will tell
New season anything result whys can happen don't think it will be as clear cut as some believe
Be good for leauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back