RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not true collis not going anywhere. good to hear kilmore are on the way up i bet your disapointed doona2 after the year you just had

You will have 11 disapointed coaches & one very disapointed coach GF day, you learn to live with disapointment as a coach,it comes with the job! however there is also a development side & Doona did it better than most! & with dignity!

Thanks slyone, means a lot, and generally not one to bite but "Pi$$ off" Cal.

My only disappointment is that I couldn't continue what I started at Kilmore as I loved every minute of mentoring those young men about life as well as their football. It's the first time since Ive been with my wife that we've opened our home to players, parents and even committee folk who wanted to chat or even just hang out over a coffee or a beer. For us that's a pretty big step, such was the comfort we felt with those people, so yeh disappointment is accurate but not in the sense I think you suggest.

Let's be honest, looking at the results, plus the amount of players that moved out of the club during my time, someone had to take the "hit". It still doesn't sit well with the family trust me, but I can hold my head up knowing I gave it everything, and with integrity and dignity in tact .... it just didn't work out and that's fine, it happens.

Timing is everything in footy, another time with another group of people and who knows, things just may have been different. Either way, whether it was for me, or hopefully now Jarrad, when Kilmore start getting up that ladder and getting back the respect they once had it will be a good thing. Nothing wrong with doing it the hard way before the good times come, a few more of you should get outa ya comfort zones and ya big budgets and try it :D

Jeff Fenech is coming to Romsey. Check it out

The RFNC are proud to announce that the "Friends" of Jeff Fenech on this special night will be John Barnes ex AFL player for Geelong & Essendon and Pommy Johnson one very funny man. This is a great line up of talent. Don't just think, Do!

Fenech I hope he brings some coin in for you PeterO and yep I agree Barnesy is good value but dont know Pommy Johnson
good luck

Sounds like a fair day was had by members of more than a few RDFL clubs at Bendigo Races yesty. I tried me best to play catch up footy from 7pm or so when the lads got back to Kilmore, and going from what the more sober one's were saying it seems there were several hot topics ....

• The Romsey spray (spewing I missed it) aimed at the Broadford Football Netball Club Friday night.
  • The whole Diggers Rest situation, who is staying and who is going.
  • Genuine interest in the recruits coming to Kilmore.
  • Riddell appearing near unstoppable already due to key signings.
  • Centrals keeping their cards close to their chest ;)
  • Diggers Rest signing Krul from Rockbank seemed to have a few rivals questioning why the stronger RDFL clubs like to alleviate the lesser sides of their better players?
Dunno if the last one is even true, but was mentioned last night. Perhaps IMS may know, if so that's a fair blow to the Rams.

Sounds like a fair day was had by members of more than a few RDFL clubs at Bendigo Races yesty. I tried me best to play catch up footy from 7pm or so when the lads got back to Kilmore, and going from what the more sober one's were saying it seems there were several hot topics ....

• The Romsey spray (spewing I missed it) aimed at the Broadford Football Netball Club Friday night.
  • The whole Diggers Rest situation, who is staying and who is going.
  • Genuine interest in the recruits coming to Kilmore.
  • Riddell appearing near unstoppable already due to key signings.
  • Centrals keeping their cards close to their chest ;)
  • Diggers Rest signing Krul from Rockbank seemed to have a few rivals questioning why the stronger RDFL clubs like to alleviate the lesser sides of their better players?
Dunno if the last one is even true, but was mentioned last night. Perhaps IMS may know, if so that's a fair blow to the Rams.
Any idea about what point one was about ????

Here comes another page of deleted posts :D

People on both sides cant build that bridge and get over it, which of course is the real problem.Broadford v Romsey Round 1,????? Blockbuster match of the round, 2014 season cant come quick enough.

People on both sides cant build that bridge and get over it, which of course is the real problem.Broadford v Romsey Round 1,????? Blockbuster match of the round, 2014 season cant come quick enough.
:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Have to agree
Lets talk footy with a bit of fact
People talking about broadford and romsey see I am a member and decided after reading doona last post to do some home worth!
1.. The issue is re recruiting of let's say player x and x the issue was blown out of proportion

Why you ask as the players involved actually approached or it was arranged that they received an offer via broadford
They where not approached I've seen the texts the sign agreement and photo also after the initial approach where asked if this was correct by a broadford person not the footy opps person the meetings took place once confirmed they where intrested in moving.

2. Any player of any value a t some time shops himself around these guys did this

And I believe from what one of them said had increased his value

Don't see any wrong doing here the point is that the truth is always out there go to the source and ask before listening to people that have no fact as I saw with my own eyes the above said

And agree with blackhall She's time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back