RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battling via the alfgoldfields/rdfl webpage to get a 2018 fixture up.
Where bouts are this weeks games and when will IMS post his previews for round one?
Are we expecting any late transfers or are ya's pretty much done?

Never knew the guy, but have seen him on the website. Far too young

Link

It is with heavy hearts that AFL Goldfields announce the sudden and tragic passing of Shaun Kelly on Saturday, April 7.

Shaun was the AFL Goldfields Media Marketing and Events Manager from February 2013 to December 2015; before kick starting his own success business, On Deck Media.

Shaun was such a vital part of the fabric of all AFL Goldfields competition during his time; whether it was writing articles; producing countless entertaining football and netball TV shows; or his presence around finals as a popular MC and Ground announcer.

The AFL Goldfields community send its love and best wishes to wife Sarah and his family.

Cats v bombers must of been a good contest.Tigers v hawks?See John Baker back at Lancefield.Any scores from that game or is too hard for Rdfnl to update scores?

Cats v bombers must of been a good contest.Tigers v hawks?See John Baker back at Lancefield.Any scores from that game or is too hard for Rdfnl to update scores?

The live scores on the app still aren't working and pretty much the only way you can get score updates is on facebook.

The live scores on the app still aren't working and pretty much the only way you can get score updates is on facebook.

And here I was Barfly thinking my phone and iPad weren't working properly on the weekend.

What if ya don't do Facebook?

Maybe you's all need to chip in another $1k a year in Fee's to get the electronic stuff right at every venue, every week. There are still a few pox level footy leagues around, pretty much firing under volunteer rule who seem to have this aspect sorted.

It shouldn't be too hard to run a decent website and at least get the score updates working.
The club's on game day are responsible for updating the scores online and then registering the scores online post-game; the RDFNL only run the live scores during the finals where the great man Gav steps in.
I'd love to attend every RDFNL game and run the live scores personally.. but one cannot be in 17 places at once (MCDFNL and Ballarat FNL venues)..
I would have loved to have gone to Lancefield and Woodend Hesket .. but I already attended two Senior games on Saturday..

And here I was Barfly thinking my phone and iPad weren't working properly on the weekend.

What if ya don't do Facebook?

Maybe you's all need to chip in another $1k a year in Fee's to get the electronic stuff right at every venue, every week. There are still a few pox level footy leagues around, pretty much firing under volunteer rule who seem to have this aspect sorted.
Scores have always been hard to do live at Lancefield .. can't think of a home and away game (at least) where this wasn't the case..
I hear Lancefield did a great job on hosting the day.. exciting news!

The club's on game day are responsible for updating the scores online and then registering the scores online post-game; the RDFNL only run the live scores during the finals where the great man Gav steps in.
I'd love to attend every RDFNL game and run the live scores personally.. but one cannot be in 17 places at once (MCDFNL and Ballarat FNL venues)..
I would have loved to have gone to Lancefield and Woodend Hesket .. but I already attended two Senior games on Saturday..

I'm no tech man, but surely there must be a way for the app and the website's live scores to work in sync?

Appreciate everything you do, Chris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve seen the league cop it for years in regards to live scores, they deserve flak at times, but this is not one of those times. I don’t know how many times I’ve mentioned it on here, but it’s up to the clubs to ensure this is done, the same as the clubs getting their scores in on time.

The score updates I was talking about were in the app which I prefer to use.

Get all the news coming through straight away which is great, but the draw is still 2015’s. Just think it would be good to have it updated.

I’ve seen the league cop it for years in regards to live scores, they deserve flak at times, but this is not one of those times. I don’t know how many times I’ve mentioned it on here, but it’s up to the clubs to ensure this is done, the same as the clubs getting their scores in on time.

maybe fine the hosting club, like they do if your late out on the ground

The score updates I was talking about were in the app which I prefer to use.

Get all the news coming through straight away which is great, but the draw is still 2015’s. Just think it would be good to have it updated.
Thanks for the feedback .. I only found out what Team App was all about at the end of last season and have barely touched the surface on that.. I'll get onto updating the Senior fixtures now .. don't think Team App was touched much last year by our staff at all..
Probably to echo what Gav-man said .. it's up to the clubs.. I'd even go as far as suggesting that both clubs work together on game day to get it going each game..

Yes they deserve flack, as do you old mate for not posting your Rd.1 previews :p .... for me it's still the best, most imformed and relevant spiels (as a neutral) I ever take notice of so come on IMS get back in the game :D

Maybe clubs could look at stripping $100 off the home game match payments and actually give a long time volunteer a few bob to get it going?

You dont always need the ball in your hand to have a positive impact on a footy match hey.

Yes they deserve flack, as do you old mate for not posting your Rd.1 previews :p .... for me it's still the best, most imformed and relevant spiels (as a neutral) I ever take notice of so come on IMS get back in the game :D

Maybe clubs could look at stripping $100 off the home game match payments and actually give a long time volunteer a few bob to get it going?

You dont always need the ball in your hand to have a positive impact on a footy match hey.

It’s a time thing now Doon, just struggle too much to get on and put the time into it. Will definitely do finals again.

It’s a time thing now Doon, just struggle too much to get on and put the time into it. Will definitely do finals again.

Totally understand mate, one aspect of this thread that's missed IMO.
Good luck to those club's kicking off their 2018 campaign's tomorrow.

On another topic, 5 RDFL juniors look to have made the Vic Metro squad for this year's National U/16 carnival which is a fair effort considering the small Calder demographic and zone to work in and the high standard of opposition through this year's program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back