RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive gap between clubs here going to be a long year for many it’s time for the gold diggers to revamp or risk the loss of clubs

Margins of 20 goals, 20 goals, 25 goals and 42 goals do not bode well for a sustainable future, agree something needs to happen.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
League is in shambles has been for years. Salary cap and points won't help when people will play for biscuits to win a flag. Paying under the table to great players who played a handful of junior games is a common practice in every league.

League is in shambles has been for years. Salary cap and points won't help when people will play for biscuits to win a flag. Paying under the table to great players who played a handful of junior games is a common practice in every league.

Tough day at the office for my boys
But on a positive note we found a couple of good gutsy kids
Diggers will be right in the mix no doubt about it
Proud of the way our boys played out the game even though the scoreline doesn't show it diggers were a class above but to the lads credit they chased and tackled all day and the diggers players will attest to that
Just hope the boys keep trying and learning that's all a coach can ask for

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tough day at the office for my boys
But on a positive note we found a couple of good gutsy kids
Diggers will be right in the mix no doubt about it
Proud of the way our boys played out the game even though the scoreline doesn't show it diggers were a class above but to the lads credit they chased and tackled all day and the diggers players will attest to that
Just hope the boys keep trying and learning that's all a coach can ask for

Keep your chin up Skip, some good talent in the under 19's to come through. Brandon Austin a good pick up.

Quality game of football out at Woodend tonight, Woodend got home by a few goals.
Big crowd and 2 teams that look like they are on the way up and the game played hard and tough all night. Great food, cold beer and a brilliant atmosphere, well done Woodend!

Margins of 20 goals, 20 goals, 25 goals and 42 goals do not bode well for a sustainable future, agree something needs to happen.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s to late for anything to happen except for broadford (northern footy league div 3 )Lancefield ( not sure perhaps northern also )and rockbank (wrfl div 3 )to change competitions . Remember all the promises from the league when at broadford to even the comp out what a load of horse s**t and why did we have success because we found $$$$ to spend that honestly in the long run wasn’t sustainable , Gold fields need to be held accountable

Last edited:
It’s to late for anything to happen except for broadford (northern footy league div 3 )Lancefield ( not sure perhaps northern also )and rockbank (wrfl div 3 )to change competitions . Remember all the promises from the league when at broadford to even the comp out what a load of horse s**t and why did we have success because we found $$$$ to spend that honestly in the long run wasn’t sustainable , Gold fields need to be held accountable
Can I ask what it is specifically AFL Goldfields have done to cause those large margins to occur? Obviously the points system and salary cap have come in to try and even up the competition which hasn’t had much of an effect but what exactly do you want Goldfields held accountable for?

Can I ask what it is specifically AFL Goldfields have done to cause those large margins to occur? Obviously the points system and salary cap have come in to try and even up the competition which hasn’t had much of an effect but what exactly do you want Goldfields held accountable for?
Lack of accountability in structuring a comp that allows for the have nots to compete or as in broadfords case let them move to a comp that suits as per Kilmore there only intrested in the fees to keep there jobs viable , I’m not going to dredge up what was said in meetings at Harley Hammond by those in charge but asked at the time to persist things where being structured to change 4 years later it’s worse then ever wish skip and the hard working army at broadford all the best some to Lancefield it’s going to be a long year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only caught last 1/4 wallan v riddel and what a blitz by pies.One of the best wins in 15 years and Davies last 1/4 one of the best ive witnessed at local level.Surprised to see Nolan (Riddel) played in 2s anyone know reason for that?

Just discipline apparently.
Gave away a few 50s Rd.1 which cost goals & Riddell lost by a point.
Coach making a statement.

Lack of accountability in structuring a comp that allows for the have nots to compete or as in broadfords case let them move to a comp that suits as per Kilmore there only intrested in the fees to keep there jobs viable , I’m not going to dredge up what was said in meetings at Harley Hammond by those in charge but asked at the time to persist things where being structured to change 4 years later it’s worse then ever wish skip and the hard working army at broadford all the best some to Lancefield it’s going to be a long year
Didn’t Broadford play in a prelim final in 2016?
I’m sure they weren’t considered one of the “have not’s” of the league that year. Surely Goldfields aren’t responsible for the drop off?

Didn’t Broadford play in a prelim final in 2016?
I’m sure they weren’t considered one of the “have not’s” of the league that year. Surely Goldfields aren’t responsible for the drop off?
Did you read the first post ?

Yes and I still don’t understand how Goldfields should be held accountable for a few clubs going through some rough times.

They are not, you’re quite right Wow61.

Broadford have at times flirted with pushing into a different competition, season 2016 seen them quite successful on the back of a massive recruiting drive and business plan that lasted a year.

I’m not doubting the fact Broadford will have a tuff year or two but gee wiz I can’t wait for Skip to taste success again knowing he has put his heart and soul into the club along with many others over the years.

They are not, you’re quite right Wow61.

Broadford have at times flirted with pushing into a different competition, season 2016 seen them quite successful on the back of a massive recruiting drive and business plan that lasted a year.

I’m not doubting the fact Broadford will have a tuff year or two but gee wiz I can’t wait for Skip to taste success again knowing he has put his heart and soul into the club along with many others over the years.
Let’s keep this statement and see what prevails I can’t see what your saying prevailing but have another theory one you won’t like

The point system and salery cap are a great idea if it comes to a honest system, unfortunatly its not, paying under the table, paying netballers who have parteners playing football and we all know the other ways of paying via cars, jobs, etc.
There is no way tpo govern how playerts are being being paid unless the league cover all contracts.

The point system and salery cap are a great idea if it comes to a honest system, unfortunatly its not, paying under the table, paying netballers who have parteners playing football and we all know the other ways of paying via cars, jobs, etc.
There is no way tpo govern how playerts are being being paid unless the league cover all contracts.
Do clubs need to give pay certificates for end financial years players are contracted .?

Do clubs need to give pay certificates for end financial years players are contracted .?
As far i can remember all contracts are suposed to be sent into the league. As far as invoices to players for payments, how do you put a stop and prove cash payments.

As far i can remember all contracts are suposed to be sent into the league. As far as invoices to players for payments, how do you put a stop and prove cash payments.
Contracts sent into league there fore players amount would be on the contract ie $1000 game 16 rounds $16000 wonder if players know this is taxable
Is the league doing dudilegece to give clubs the tools to explain this to players or does mr Tax man come down in a few years with his hammer

Contracts sent into league there fore players amount would be on the contract ie $1000 game 16 rounds $16000 wonder if players know this is taxable
Is the league doing dudilegece to give clubs the tools to explain this to players or does mr Tax man come down in a few years with his hammer

I’m of aware of clubs already conducting business under BAS situations, and providing appropriate documents etc.

Thats being dilligent and forthright surely, these guys want full time wage equivalents for 4 hours work a week but don’t want to be compliant deserve what comes if it gets to that IMO .... as do the clubs who have driven the prices up of $hithouse footy resumes for pox level community football as part of their so called “business planning”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back