RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave, you are part of the problem. You're very similar to Matt Nicholls who used to be around the league. When you were involved, you did nothing but run your mouth about how bad the league and other clubs were, while doing a piss-poor job yourself but thinking you were doing a great job. Like Matt, you went off to Queensland and then spent lots of time taking pot shots at the league while attending the odd game.
Give it up and retire. You offer no value. We don't need another Matt Nicholls
Who the xcfd is mat Nicholls or should I say who da ghyt are you take a hike 4 poster

Because I disagree with you? Really? So anyone who thinks that Clarke Oval was a good choice of venue according to you, must be a Goldfields or from the league? Shows the level of intelligence or lack of shown by you.
Romsey is a horrendous venue for a Grand Final.
I've grown up at Clarke Oval working on some of the biggest events in Australia, held at that venue. It is outstanding. Sunday's game backed that up. Try watching a club 18s game there. Its a good atmosphere and place to watch the footy. Sunday was no different.

Sorry Chris I think you would find on this one most would disagree with you play the GF at any rdfnl ground would be better than Artic Park

Dave, you are part of the problem. You're very similar to Matt Nicholls who used to be around the league. When you were involved, you did nothing but run your mouth about how bad the league and other clubs were, while doing a piss-poor job yourself but thinking you were doing a great job. Like Matt, you went off to Queensland and then spent lots of time taking pot shots at the league while attending the odd game.
Give it up and retire. You offer no value. We don't need another Matt Nicholls
Also great to see most don’t agree with you and backing my views as most are complaining about the same points you must be from the league and reckon I know who you are carefull, also still attend games champ as I spend 16-20 weeks in town
So don’t tell me what to do, actually the opposite in regards when I was involved promoted footy successfully in a big way and was around success the league at this point since dragging the RDFL to the Goldfields hasn’t delivered what was promised that’s a fact

Because I disagree with you? Really? So anyone who thinks that Clarke Oval was a good choice of venue according to you, must be a Goldfields or from the league? Shows the level of intelligence or lack of shown by you.
Romsey is a horrendous venue for a Grand Final.
I've grown up at Clarke Oval working on some of the biggest events in Australia, held at that venue. It is outstanding. Sunday's game backed that up. Try watching a club 18s game there. Its a good atmosphere and place to watch the footy. Sunday was no different.
Enlighten me chris , what are some of the biggest events in australia held at clarke oval ?
The sunbury show doesnt count !

Why is romsey such a horrendous place to hold the grand final ?
Plenty of parking , always well catered for great atmosphere, can say the same for lancefield as well.

Clarke oval is by far one of the worst grounds to watch local footy on with in a 200 km radius !

So, next year the comp stays exactly the same, clearly as there has been no word from anyone on it. Only BUT is if on October 1 Sunbury Kangas vote to leave, which is a better than 75% chance if you talk to anyone involved in their club. If that occurs, it leaves the RDFNL with 9 Under 19 teams and 11 Senior teams. Surely then the league goes to the final 5 system.

So, next year the comp stays exactly the same, clearly as there has been no word from anyone on it. Only BUT is if on October 1 Sunbury Kangas vote to leave, which is a better than 75% chance if you talk to anyone involved in their club. If that occurs, it leaves the RDFNL with 9 Under 19 teams and 11 Senior teams. Surely then the league goes to the final 5 system.
Should do u would reckin, makes more sense.

Would be the logical way to go you'd think :thumbsu:

Also great to see most don’t agree with you and backing my views as most are complaining about the same points you must be from the league and reckon I know who you are carefull, also still attend games champ as I spend 16-20 weeks in town
So don’t tell me what to do, actually the opposite in regards when I was involved promoted footy successfully in a big way and was around success the league at this point since dragging the RDFL to the Goldfields hasn’t delivered what was promised that’s a fact

I agree with him Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are kidding yourself if you reckon the League will give up the Gate takings for a week even if it does make sense.
Heres one for you after talking to a few of the Diggers boys who reckon the first Riddell player was hard done by with a yellow card for a tackle - free kick or 50 metres would have been suficient. I wonder how the umpires and Riddell will feel if he gets off - was offered a two match suspension but is fighting it - to be heard on the 25th of September. The second incident with the red card for the Riddell player - the Diggers player has now moved on to Canada to live this will be interesting at the tribunal. Maybe face time ?
Has anyone seen the replay yet.

Sorry Chris but I take umbrage at your quote “Romsey is a horrendous venue for the Grand Final” what is it that you find so extremely unpleasant, horrifying and terrible, I find that an insult to all the good people who put in years and years of hard work to get our ground and our facilities to be the best in the league to gain the right to host it over the past four years, from all the blood sweat and tears of our volunteers all.

What is it you find so extremely unpleasant, horrifying and terrible about Romsey as a venue? Could it be the social or changes rooms? only 4 years old out of date already? Bar, Canteen and BBQ must have been so hard to get great service a cold beer, grab a hot dog and even one of those most unpleasant famous chicken burgers and still make it back in time to watch the game?

Maybe it was the horrendous condition of the ground or the fact you can actually see the game from any part and feel the atmosphere, not to mention the over and above work done with our line marking and painting of the league logos and Club colours of the competing teams, those silly old farts told them not to do such a bad job! No it the Netball courts isn’t it there too close and you feel part of the action it’s such a bugger and too convenient for supporters to watch either Netball or football without having to take a cut lunch or a roadie with them to enjoy the day.

Now that I think of it Romsey is a horrendous venue for the Grand Final what was I ever thinking.

All sarcasm aside, My honest opinion for what it’s worth I’m not fussed if Romsey don’t host the GF but what grates on my grill the most is that we have some wonderful grounds, clubs and people involved in our league and there getting better every year that can and should be used for our finals, it’s our game, our teams our league and ALL our finals should be played on our grounds.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Sorry Chris but I take umbrage at your quote “Romsey is a horrendous venue for the Grand Final” what is it that you find so extremely unpleasant, horrifying and unpleasant, I find that an insult to all the good people who put in years and years of hard work to get our ground and our facilities to be the best in the league to gain the right to host it over the past four years, from all the blood sweat and tears of our volunteers all.

What is it you find so extremely unpleasant, horrifying and terrible about Romsey as a venue? Could it be the social or changes rooms? only 4 years old out of date already? Bar, Canteen and BBQ must have been so hard to get great service a cold beer, grab a hot dog and even one of those most unpleasant famous chicken burgers and still make it back in time to watch the game?

Maybe it was the horrendous condition of the ground or the fact you can actually see the game from any part and feel the atmosphere, not to mention the over and above work done with our line marking and painting of the league logos and Club colours of the competing teams, those silly old farts told them not to do such a bad job! No it the Netball courts isn’t it there too close and you feel part of the action it’s such a bugger and too convenient for supporters to watch either Netball or football without having to take a cut lunch or a roadie with them to enjoy the day.

Now that I think of it Romsey is a horrendous venue for the Grand Final what was I ever thinking.

All sarcasm aside, My honest opinion for what it’s worth I’m not fussed if Romsey don’t host the GF but what grates on my grill the most is that we have some wonderful grounds, clubs and people involved in our league and there getting better every year that can and should be used for our finals, it’s our game, our teams our league and ALL our finals should be played on our grounds.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Great post peter except I don’t know if it’s our league any more

Dido love the fact you guys haven’t a clue of the real truth many of us think it’s hilarious almost time for footy trip

See, it’s s**t like this that has ruined this thread in the last 2-3 years.

I could get into “guys who have a clue” comment, but then I’m dragged into your negative rubbish as well. I much prefer to keep working away and not sit back and take pot shots at the people that do the real work, something you’ve never truly done.

Great post peter except I don’t know if it’s our league any more

It makes me sick to the stomach that you even consider yourself part of our league.

See, it’s s**t like this that has ruined this thread in the last 2-3 years.

I could get into “guys who have a clue” comment, but then I’m dragged into your negative rubbish as well. I much prefer to keep working away and not sit back and take pot shots at the people that do the real work, something you’ve never truly done.

It makes me sick to the stomach that you even consider yourself part of our league.
So any one on the site who was had a pot shot do you actually read the comments on the site from others over the last few years and sorry if you feel sick in the stomach but I’ve put time effort and big dollars in the past into clubs in this league, this is a forum for light hearted and opiniative discussion I don’t expect all to agree on all views as I don’t agree with all views on here but understand we all have a opinion, ibid you a good day SIR.

So any one on the site who was had a pot shot do you actually read the comments on the site from others over the last few years and sorry if you feel sick in the stomach but I’ve put time effort and big dollars in the past into clubs in this league, this is a forum for light hearted and opiniative discussion I don’t expect all to agree on all views as I don’t agree with all views on here but understand we all have a opinion, ibid you a good day SIR.
Yet here we are, reading a thread where you repeatedly dismiss anyone that happens to disagree with you.
I'm sure that all parties want what they feel is best for their club and league at large, even if they disagree on the approach taken.

“ibid” PMSL Another new word straight out of the Dave Dictionary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gez there are some keyboard warriors on this page and nearly to the point of bullying.

I think a few blokes on here need to have a look how they conduct themselves and stop trying to fish for bites.

I agree 100% peter o. You guys did a fantastic job at did lancefield. I thought you guys had the grand final nailed down as one of the best grand finals in local footy in victoria. Its great you could go to the ground, see the game from every angle with a bar and bbq near buy on a great country footy ground with a ground that is great for atmosphere. I personally hope you guys get it back.

Gez there are some keyboard warriors on this page and nearly to the point of bullying.

I think a few blokes on here need to have a look how they conduct themselves and stop trying to fish for bites.

I agree 100% peter o. You guys did a fantastic job at did lancefield. I thought you guys had the grand final nailed down as one of the best grand finals in local footy in victoria. Its great you could go to the ground, see the game from every angle with a bar and bbq near buy on a great country footy ground with a ground that is great for atmosphere. I personally hope you guys get it back.
Well said Olly!

There is no perfect venue. Every venue has its issues compared to others. I personally think the Romsey surface is too susceptible rain and the scoreboard is not up to standard. Having said that I had no issues with the game being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back