RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Nolan was set to be deregistered based on his most recent suspension?

I hear a little rumour that Ian Findlay might be the tribunal advocate for his AFL Vic appeal this wednesday.

Surely with the footage, his 2 week suspension will stand.

AFL u are very switched on, can I ask who you think is the best coach currently in the comp list aside?

I guess the argument is Lobb is the best given the grand final win made more impressive by coming back from a semi final defeat. Honestly the games that I watched throughout the year no disrespect to the coaches many of the top coaches are early into their coaching (1 or 2 years) careers, but I did not see anything off the charts coaching wise throughout the year. The teams expected to win did. The top teams have a lot of talent and I think they are more talent ran operations. There was no surprises with the top teams finishing where they did. You only need to coach against the top sides, playing the bottom sides there is little to no interest from players coaches and supporters which is a shame. I really enjoyed the RDFNL coaching battles a few years back and said it on here before when it was helmers (Romsey), Sims (Diggers), Scoble (Riddell), Meacham (Sunbury), Fitzy (diggers days) to a degree. All played distinct styles, there was a bit of spice in it and rivalry amongst coaches and teams. Four of those won flags to which was good to see them get reward. I am hoping and am sure that the new breed of coaches currently are around enough to develop this also. From what I seen this year Jamie Lobb and his coaching team must take credit.

From what I am hearing is that he won his appeal last night is it embarrassing for the league to have 2 people sent off in a huge game and not get any weeks?

No the league should not nor would be embarrassed.Only people who should be embarrassed are the offending players and the club.Whats your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wallan have announced pre-season training dates and I've notice a few clubs announcing netball trials.
Bugger the training dates, I'm really disappointed the annual "club hopping" amongst the RDFL isn't being discussed :p:D

No the league should not nor would be embarrassed.Only people who should be embarrassed are the offending players and the club.Whats your opinion?

How can the offending players be embarrassed when they both got zero weeks and for the umpires to apologise to Tarczon because they”got the red card wrong” is very ordinary

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bugger the training dates, I'm really disappointed the annual "club hopping" amongst the RDFL isn't being discussed :p:D

Certainly very, very quite. We now have the RDFNL team of the year back pocket and from what little I know, the Tang pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I thought you did.
My mail is that you went pretty hard after Tessari.
However he is staying at Romsey.
Is that who you are thinking of?

That's him. Just got told he was staying at Romsey after seeing your post.

I don’t know the bloke but I love watching Tessari play. Glad he stayed at Romsey

I don't think we'll lose anything down back by not getting him, but certainly would've been a good get. As a positive, it's good for the comp and that's important too.

I don't think we'll lose anything down back by not getting him, but certainly would've been a good get. As a positive, it's good for the comp and that's important too.

Auckmel I spoke to Ayden tessari a couple of weeks ago and he did have itchy feet and wallan was mentioned along with other clubs he had chasing him. Being totally honest I told him there’s no way in the world he can go to wallan ( sorry ) just my opinion being how loved he is at romsey etc.

But as for not losing anything down back by not getting him???? Come on auckmel you are a very switched on man...... Ayden is a JET!!!!

Auckmel I spoke to Ayden tessari a couple of weeks ago and he did have itchy feet and wallan was mentioned along with other clubs he had chasing him. Being totally honest I told him there’s no way in the world he can go to wallan ( sorry ) just my opinion being how loved he is at romsey etc.

But as for not losing anything down back by not getting him???? Come on auckmel you are a very switched on man...... Ayden is a JET!!!!

I know he is, but I meant in the sense that we’ll still have a strong back 6.

They had to look after themselves, respect that. Really disappointing for the league however. They take away some of the huge rivalries over the years. It is not great for the league when a team who is very competitive leaves with no replacement. The comp just immediately weakens. Lets wait and see what the league statement is around this and what they plan to do...(silence will be deafening).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back