RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could very well see a super even competition next year ..
Diggers Rest, Riddell, Macedon, Romsey, Wallan, Woodend/Hesket, Rupertswood and Melton Centrals will all be fighting for spots .. Rockbank, Lancefield and Broadford will improve..

On paper only 3 teams look out of finals contention.

Who’s the top 7?
Could very well see a super even competition next year ..
Diggers Rest, Riddell, Macedon, Romsey, Wallan, Woodend/Hesket, Rupertswood and Melton Centrals will all be fighting for spots .. Rockbank, Lancefield and Broadford will improve..
Top 6 will be Diggers - Macedon - Riddell - Romsey - Wallan - rupertswood in no particular order then woodend / Melton daylight and then in no particular order the rest my prediction

Really wow - also league should have bitten the bullet and gone with a final 5 and adleast made it competitive for a final spot

Well, it is what it is. I think we'll see a very competitive group fighting for spots 3-8 which should (at least) make for an interesting season. Also think Rupo and Riddell are early favourites again.

Top 6 will be Diggers - Macedon - Riddell - Romsey - Wallan - rupertswood in no particular order then woodend / Melton daylight and then in no particular order the rest my prediction
Come on Dave. That’s a cop out! you said top seven I count eight. My kelpie would have picked that.

On paper only 3 teams look out of finals contention.
Considering clearances haven't even opened yet I'd be interested in which bit of paper you're reading. You may well be right but all we have right now is a few announcements from clubs who love to promote via social media and nothing from those that don't. We've seen plenty of announcements that don't necessarily come to fruition in the past.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Considering clearances haven't even opened yet I'd be interested in which bit of paper you're reading.

They were actually open through November, but yea no real movements. Although after another look I can see why IMS is pretty pissed.

You may well be right but all we have right now is a few announcements from clubs who love to promote via social media and nothing from those that don't.

Social media is great and kudos to those utilising it to promote their club and signings.

We've seen plenty of announcements that don't necessarily come to fruition in the past.

Something we witnessed ourselves last year.

They were actually open through November, but yea no real movements. Although after another look I can see why IMS is pretty pissed.

Social media is great and kudos to those utilising it to promote their club and signings.

Something we witnessed ourselves last year.
There you go, I actually thought clearances didn't open til after Christmas. I agree with you re social media.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

There you go, I actually thought clearances didn't open til after Christmas. I agree with you re social media.

The November window's still pretty new. Some leagues are great with it, some not so.

I had a look and saw the large amount of clearances lodged at Rockbank, but nearly all were destined to the WRFL, and not one for the RDFL so far. Regardless, it would very disappointing for the hardworking volunteers at the Rams to see these amount of clearances lodged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a real shame. They like I imagine plenty clubs worked really hard and just want to see people buy in to the vision of the club, but clearly out that way the RDFNL is not a priority.I have said it before I just wonder what the breaking point is for change, significant change. Obviously Sunbury hit theirs, surely Rockbank will to. Are the players from their catchment making their statement that the WRFL is where they wish to go? You get and lose players every year, but the points system actually makes it difficult for those clubs that started the cycle down the bottom to really attract IMO.

It's a real shame. They like I imagine plenty clubs worked really hard and just want to see people buy in to the vision of the club, but clearly out that way the RDFNL is not a priority.I have said it before I just wonder what the breaking point is for change, significant change. Obviously Sunbury hit theirs, surely Rockbank will to. Are the players from their catchment making their statement that the WRFL is where they wish to go? You get and lose players every year, but the points system actually makes it difficult for those clubs that started the cycle down the bottom to really attract IMO.
Sorry but the WRFL is where they belong they would over the next 5-10 years with the growth around them have a a great future if they make the move if not once these great volunteers burn out the club will also and be taken over by a new franchise in the area. I have been hammered for making the point they should move its a good business decision to move and some with there mates at RDFNL head quarters need to get there heads out of the sand

Sorry but the WRFL is where they belong they would over the next 5-10 years with the growth around them have a a great future if they make the move if not once these great volunteers burn out the club will also and be taken over by a new franchise in the area. I have been hammered for making the point they should move its a good business decision to move and some with there mates at RDFNL head quarters need to get there heads out of the sand

Sick of hearing this. Rockbank are an RDFL club and that is where they belong

Curious
To see the Senior inter league coach is being advertised. Did that happen last year?
I would’ve thought the incumbents would’ve been given the opportunity or first right of refusal to go around again. Considering the time they put in & have won the past couple a games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/QUOTE

Where is it advertised? I can only see junior positions advertised on League site. Maybe the incumbents didn’t want to go around again.

Sick of hearing this. Rockbank are an RDFL club and that is where they belong
In 1992 they where a part of the FDFL now the WRFL in 2000 they joined the RDFL so what massive history holds them to the RDFL.
Besides there locals there best drawing power is from the biggest growth area in the Southern Hemisphere being the western suburbs.
Give me a comparing reason what the rdfl offers them from a location perspective

Gav Urqhart to Riddell. Very good pick up and will go well in the RDFL on the big grounds. Very skilful player who kicks the ball 60+ metres..

In 1992 they where a part of the FDFL now the WRFL in 2000 they joined the RDFL so what massive history holds them to the RDFL.
Besides there locals there best drawing power is from the biggest growth area in the Southern Hemisphere being the western suburbs.
Give me a comparing reason what the rdfl offers them from a location perspective

Not often I agree with what you say, but this I do.

I was thinking the same thing, this would mean that Sunbury (Lions and Kangas), Melton, Melton South, Darley and Gisborne are RDFL teams too because that is their history.

A team belongs where it is best suited and challenged (not overwhelmed).

Can we ask why and what is the up side to staying in the RDFL
Didn’t this exact same argument happen not too long ago, you pointed out why they should leave in your opinion then IMS gave a counter argument. Surely we don’t have to do it again.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back