RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was close to replying with a similar theme Halffull, about 40-45% of the premiership side not there ... for me I'd be more saying how good a job Tankard did in keeping that somewhat lesser talented list (with no 19's) ahead of a couple expected to make inroads in Woodend and Centrals.

All good for Ben in my opinion, tough thing is senior coaching positions are quite rare compared the amount of senior playing positions available around the RDFL so if Macedon didn't want him and another club can keep him involved in the game then it cant be a bad thing.

Totally agree, Not sure Ben’s coaching had anything to do with Macedons 19 season. Took them to pretty close to a GF last year, coached the rep side to a decent win and it’s been said that with no 19’s and zero depth in the twos they would always be up against it. Do t blame him for going if the 2020 budget talk is correct, $40k - $50k is fanciful thinking imho.

Any news out of rockbank there was mention there SNar sides going into recess any truth in that .

Heard last Sunday they are still working through some issues, they aren’t throwing in the towel. Good luck to them.

May i suggest Dave your continued negativity does not help the situation.
Get another subject to bore as all with please.

Was happy to witness the Wallan win over Riddell and must say was not expecting that.The way Pies started was brilliant and a credit to players and coach who laid the foundations.To see 8 blokes under 20 who have come through the 3rds the past 3 seasons is a huge to credit to James Christall (3rds coach) and shows the importance of clubs having a 3rd 18.
Riddell losing Urquhart on 1/2 time and Nolan fading due to injury was a further blow to any Riddell comeback.For Riddell to self implode similar to last years G/f would be a huge disappointment to coach Elliot who surely will not continue unless the club clean out the few regular offenders who bring undone the great work of others.Im sure some blame Elliot however I can only feel sorry for the fella as he seems a genuine good person and very good coach.
Good to see Putt in best for Rupo as I reckon he hasnt been at his best due to injury the last 2 seasons of finals and with him standing tall it strengthens their claims.
Headshot and oneyedblue am I correct in saying the Wallan v Riddell game was the first final a certain umpire from the infamous Kangas flag has officiated in since.Gee whiz I was gobsmacked myself.
Outside looking in Tankard can coach but I do think if Macedon has been upfront and honest its best to get done.Sure he gets another gig somewhere.

Heard last Sunday they are still working through some issues, they aren’t throwing in the towel. Good luck to them.

May i suggest Dave your continued negativity does not help the situation.
Get another subject to bore as all with please.
Morgs may I suggest to you that you get your facts right champ once again another post without doing your home work I actually in my past posts i have in courage them not to throw the towel in perhaps don’t miss read posts. Look below ?.

Last edited:
Was happy to witness the Wallan win over Riddell and must say was not expecting that.The way Pies started was brilliant and a credit to players and coach who laid the foundations.To see 8 blokes under 20 who have come through the 3rds the past 3 seasons is a huge to credit to James Christall (3rds coach) and shows the importance of clubs having a 3rd 18.
Riddell losing Urquhart on 1/2 time and Nolan fading due to injury was a further blow to any Riddell comeback.For Riddell to self implode similar to last years G/f would be a huge disappointment to coach Elliot who surely will not continue unless the club clean out the few regular offenders who bring undone the great work of others.Im sure some blame Elliot however I can only feel sorry for the fella as he seems a genuine good person and very good coach.
Good to see Putt in best for Rupo as I reckon he hasnt been at his best due to injury the last 2 seasons of finals and with him standing tall it strengthens their claims.
Headshot and oneyedblue am I correct in saying the Wallan v Riddell game was the first final a certain umpire from the infamous Kangas flag has officiated in since.Gee whiz I was gobsmacked myself.
Outside looking in Tankard can coach but I do think if Macedon has been upfront and honest its best to get done.Sure he gets another gig somewhere.
I think everyone except Riddell was happy to see Wallan get the win last weekend.
Looking forward to the game on Sunday. A lot of youth in both teams. Hopefully a far better day and contest than when they played earlier in the year. Perri was great last week. I think Riddell got that match up wrong early and by the time they got that sorted the horse had bolted.
I didn’t get to Sunbury last Sunday but I’m interested in people’s views on the atmosphere that ground holds for the spectators .
Surely nobody would suggest the surface is better than Romsey?
As for the umpire. That’s all he is.

Agree with slyone, clubs need to make decisions irrespective of current playing groups. That same group won't be the same the following year anyway. Obviously a key stakeholder, must be consulted Wallan need to make a call for where they see there future, where their club is going to best be able to draw a strong competitive home grown playing list. If the points stay in place priority has to be for any club how do we have a home grown footy side and where is our best chance to do that. The recruits then top up. This weekend...the last we see of Broadford and Rockbank?

Morgs may I suggest to you that you get your facts right champ once again another post without doing your home work I actually in my past posts i have in courage them not to throw the towel in perhaps don’t miss read posts. Look below ?.
Must be someone else on here telling them to leave the rdfnl.

Telling them what they want to do is wrong is being supportive????

Get another subject.

Must be someone else on here telling them to leave the rdfnl.

Telling them what they want to do is wrong is being supportive????

Get another subject.
Again mate you are making s**t up ...
My post was a follow up on another post saying that this was the last we may see of them and one other club my belief is not to shut the doors look at all options.
So you are saying that they would be worse off leaving the RDFL and better off shutting the door.
Remember you where the one who had a crack at me for supporting them.

My post was a follow up on another post saying that this was the last we may see of them and one other club my belief is not to shut the doors look at all options.
So you are saying that they would be worse off leaving the RDFL and better off shutting the door.
Rockbank Join wrfl div 3 don’t close up wont get up and going again
You didn’t say the above?????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the memories rockbank vale
Why did you repost the above?????
More support?????

I think everyone except Riddell was happy to see Wallan get the win last weekend.
Looking forward to the game on Sunday. A lot of youth in both teams. Hopefully a far better day and contest than when they played earlier in the year. Perri was great last week. I think Riddell got that match up wrong early and by the time they got that sorted the horse had bolted.
I didn’t get to Sunbury last Sunday but I’m interested in people’s views on the atmosphere that ground holds for the spectators .
Surely nobody would suggest the surface is better than Romsey?
As for the umpire. That’s all he is.
Surface no better than Romsey , no chance, seems very downhill Clarke and I imagine a smidge of a zephyr and it could ruin a good game. I obviously can’t comment on atmosphere as it’s a biased opinion on how Rupo went. But geez the wide open spaces on that ground can catch up on sides pretty quickly.

Showing You what others have posted yet you seem to be ok with these posts not one supporting them continuing get a life mate move on s**t stirrer
You are wrong again David. I had a crack at One Hung Low. So get your facts straight and stop making sh@t up.

G'Day all, the Phantom returns from an OS juggernaut to converse with Y'all. Finals are here woohoo. Unusual to see the Riddell boys & girls all out week one.

Rupo to use clarke oval to there benefit and set up there best chance to break the draught.
Romsey at a wet Romsey Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back