RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo
The Rdfnl board have put some very tuff conditions on them if they are to continue.
Reading between the lines it seems like two clubs in particular are trying to have them moved on.
The irony it this is that these two clubs have both made inquiries into moving to another league .
not great so Rockbank folding/leaving and Broadford looking like moving surely a 9 team comp isn’t viable

Good luck to everyone on Sunday, great to see a grand final with none of the usual suspects.

Well done to Rupo on making the GF in all grades of football and netball, amazing effort.

My Tips:
Rupo in the unders

Wallan in the 2’s

Senior game should be a cracker, both teams flying at the right time of the year, credit to Wallan as I thought they might get bundled out early given some rough luck with injuries. I think most people would think that the venue would play into Rupo’s hands but given the weather report the slippery conditions should make it a real tight battle.

Rupo by 8pts
Swallow for the Medal

Good luck to all involved 🏆

this is a hypothetical scenario, also from not being from within this league nor follow any side just a close watcher of all stuff footy related it is only my opinion but an opinion which I think is a very real possibility of playing out.

Diggers and Rupo making enquires about leaving if not nxt yr will be the following, rockbank have battled hard but sadly looking like on very borrowed time.

Broadford would be definitely exploring their options also, can’t see them being in the rdfl beyond 2020.

Situation at Macedon with no u/19’s struggling weekly to put a two’s side on the park and now with a huge amount of players moving on could be in big big strife to even get up next year.

With all this talk you would have to think wallan behind closed doors would also be also making plans a,b and c to see how the comp pans out over the next 12-24 months.
As a big growth area to me they can I’ll afford to stay in a sub par comp if x amount of teams disappear in next year or two.

A 6-7 side comp is a very real possibility!

Once again only an opinion but one which I think holds quite a bit of substance, the rdfl to me is really on its hands and knees right now and it will be very interesting to see how it all pans out in the future !
Let’s hope for the sake of all towns/sides involved in the comp none of this happens as nobody likes to see a side/league go under

Be a genuine shame to see it down to 7/6 teams, surely a 6 team comp can’t survive.
Does anybody know if it’s too late for teams to announce a move? Is there a cut off at all?

Be a genuine shame to see it down to 7/6 teams, surely a 6 team comp can’t survive.
Does anybody know if it’s too late for teams to announce a move? Is there a cut off at all?
Rupo & Diggers are going no where, Wallan had a meeting about it & decided to stay. Until someone from Macedon comes on here to say they are going under, I will take it like everything else on here, a load of Bulls**t. Fair dinkum talk about Nostradamus!

Looking at the selected sides on the league site.
Both Brock and Fowler selected in a squad of 25 both big ins if fit.

Getting nothing out of my son other than a cheeky grin.

How about the weather? Beautiful one day, now this.

Good luck to all the teams playing today. Months of hard work has lead to this day. Rupo are a shoe in for the 19.5s. I really think Wallan will win the reserves game, while Rupo while favourite, probably come back a bit with a wet ground.

I dunno. I have this feeling and I've had it since before the Riddell game. Either way we'll all be cheering on our teams, sons, daughters, family, friends, mates, wives, girlfriends etc. hoping for the best and then we can start all over again sometime in November. LoL.

Enjoy the day everyone, Grand Finals only come once a year. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fear dinkum scores not updated its grand final day any scores any one Goldfield goops
I was at the EDFL prelim so I didn’t check that often but the few times I did there was a score on the website. Not disagreeing with you so don’t take it the wrong way, maybe I was just lucky with the times I tried to check the scores.

Also congrats to all the winners today, well done to Rupo on a great year. Hope Jack and his fellow Big Footy mates enjoy the night, you guys have definitely added a lot to this forum since you joined the league and I wish you all the best!

Also congrats/commiserations to Wallan, hard pill to swallow when you win the 2’s and miss out on the big prize but a great year all the same!

Well done to rupo outplayed and outclassed wallan. Wallan were horrible today had a great finals run but really came crashing down on the big stage.
Pretty ordinary grand final imo pretty much over at half time. Thought the atmosphere was ordinary but a decent crowd in.

Well done to rupo outplayed and outclassed wallan. Wallan were horrible today had a great finals run but really came crashing down on the big stage.
Pretty ordinary grand final imo pretty much over at half time. Thought the atmosphere was ordinary but a decent crowd in.
Attended today also and 100% agree the atmosphere was absolutely terrible for a grand final.
Clarke oval imo not a good venue for viewers, crowd is so far away from the action it seems.
Absolute terrible decision to keep holding the grand final there

I guess it would be easy to sit here and feel sad, yet nothing could be further from the truth. Sure it hurts losing a GF, but the team won another 3 just to get there.

Playing on a ground where I don't think anyone has for 4 years was telling I thought, not nearly as much as Rupo's run and carry, but it was clearly a factor. Rupo were awesome and thoroughly deserved winners.

I really don't know where that 2nd 1/4 came from, but man it stung and really turned the game on its head.

Well done to our reserves on the win.

Well done to Rupo and Nick Ash. Multiple premiership player as we all know now a premiership coach. They have copped it abit over the years, we have all given it to them about not making the most of their talent, but if you keep fronting up your gonna get it right. This finals series they were a different team. Today they played like the best team in the comp. Wallan were horrible, they have come off three big finals wins and deserved their place just had their poorest game in a long time on the wrong day. Honestly though Rupo beat everyone today anyway. Their talent just clicked and didn't let up they were still chasing and tackling and playing to the final bell which is testament to a good team. Enjoy the celebration, they don't come along often. The premiership defence now begins. Got to say enjoyed the venue last year, maybe because the game was not as good it lacked a bit of atmosphere today.

Great day for the Rupo sharks yesterday, 5 outta 7 flags is something that all should be really proud of. The tank was full of life last night, bar sales through the roof. Footy boys made the ground pretty big, played to their plan. Well done on a good season to Wallan players and all involved.

Nothing but respect for Wallan, They are a ripper club. It is a great day to be a sharkie !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
[/QUOTE
Congrats to Nick & everyone at Rupo, too good on the day. It was great to see all the Wallan clan, they did a great job to get so far, with such a young team. Huge crowd but after the second quarter it was all one way traffic, so the atmosphere was lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back