RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No club is breaking a law are they by recruiting. Maybe the players themselves needs to be the one in question for leading clubs down the path to then be snapped up for some other club for more coin not the clubs. clubs targeting players of any clubs happening a long time and will continue and is not breaking a rule! I bet you have been involved in clubs apart from the Rams that have done the same thing. Unfortunately your right, the divide is huge in the RDFNL so I imagine when you lose a player to a stronger club it infuriates you, but that's the game!

No club is breaking a law are they by recruiting. Maybe the players themselves needs to be the one in question for leading clubs down the path to then be snapped up for some other club for more coin not the clubs. clubs targeting players of any clubs happening a long time and will continue and is not breaking a rule! I bet you have been involved in clubs apart from the Rams that have done the same thing. Unfortunately your right, the divide is huge in the RDFNL so I imagine when you lose a player to a stronger club it infuriates you, but that's the game!

This misses the point completely, the RDFNL is a literal minefield for clubs poaching players, I don’t disagree. I have an issue when targeted recruiting happens against weaker sides, when clubs pick the guts out of those struggling at the first sign of a seed. It’s weak.

Not once at the Kangaroos did we hunt players from struggling clubs when I was there. They sure as s**t did after I left though.

You’re right, it’s not breaking any rules, but I have to sit here and read crap repeatedly about how the struggling sides should move because they can’t compete, it’s our current clubs that have created that environment.

This misses the point completely, the RDFNL is a literal minefield for clubs poaching players, I don’t disagree. I have an issue when targeted recruiting happens against weaker sides, when clubs pick the guts out of those struggling at the first sign of a seed. It’s weak.

Not once at the Kangaroos did we hunt players from struggling clubs when I was there. They sure as s**t did after I left though.

You’re right, it’s not breaking any rules, but I have to sit here and read crap repeatedly about how the struggling sides should move because they can’t compete, it’s our current clubs that have created that environment.

They were happy to poach players from Rupo during that time knowing full well that as an amateur club we couldn’t pay our players. It definitely pissed me off when it happened to see players that had been developed through our junior program go next door. We got on with business though and made our club stronger and eventually some of those players came back.

Rupo did move leagues though due to a situation where players were specifically targeted by clubs such as the Kangaroos, Lions, St Albans and Aberfeldie. I certainly can’t blame them for doing so. We had an extremely talented young list who were not being paid at the time. We were prime to be raided.

My point is you can’t control what other clubs will do. Just keep working hard and eventually things will turn around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The RDFL is by far the worst for interclub poaching
There is significantly less of this than in other near by suburban comps. Have a flick through the clearances every year in EDFL/WRFL. It’s unbelievable in those comps and often in the same division.

Can’t speak for the country comps but the suburban comps are much worse.

Well, the draw is out.

47681766_2345707772167202_5365399774683987968_n.jpg
Any feedback on the fixture? Gone are the days when it was Home and Away now seems to be three home then three away and a bye somewhere in that lot also hope we can get 11 U/19 teams on the park as I fear for that competition.

I also recall Romsey a few years back doing some nice recruiting from Lancefield and all associated very happy with it when they won the premiership. If I recall there were a few on the coat tails of the self described "Black Cavier" train. Were you were apart of that system ItsMyShow?

I also recall Romsey a few years back doing some nice recruiting from Lancefield and all associated very happy with it when they won the premiership. If I recall there were a few on the coat tails of the self described "Black Cavier" train. Were you were apart of that system ItsMyShow?

You mean the premiership winning Lancefield side?

You mean the premiership winning Lancefield side?

I think the powers that be should take a serious look at the points system.

If you win 1 game in 2 years you lose a point to help recruit.

If you play in grand finals you don't lose any points

So the difference in the top teams and the lower clubs narrows, how does this help the struggling teams recruit
Especially if you consider there is only a 5 point gap between all sides, that equates to 1 good player.

Thoughts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the powers that be should take a serious look at the points system.

If you win 1 game in 2 years you lose a point to help recruit.

If you play in grand finals you don't lose any points

So the difference in the top teams and the lower clubs narrows, how does this help the struggling teams recruit
Especially if you consider there is only a 5 point gap between all sides, that equates to 1 good player.

Thoughts

Points systems have to be weighted taking in several criteria and recent past results need to be one of those criteria.

If you are a struggling club with higher points than the more successful clubs.. how often would you see the struggling teams reach the higher points.. matched with the salary cap in place? Even without the salary cap in place.. money has changed the landscape of football and netball across the country and how could a struggling club afford to pay the amount of quality players that could reach a points system like 48 for example?

Melton South is a prime example where it had an increase in player points; reached it with high profile recruits and still failed to register wins on the board .. ultimately recruiting plays a big part in it ..

I know some teams last season with extra points; reached that amount and still did not make finals.

If you are a struggling club with higher points than the more successful clubs.. how often would you see the struggling teams reach the higher points.. matched with the salary cap in place? Even without the salary cap in place.. money has changed the landscape of football and netball across the country and how could a struggling club afford to pay the amount of quality players that could reach a points system like 48 for example?

Melton South is a prime example where it had an increase in player points; reached it with high profile recruits and still failed to register wins on the board .. ultimately recruiting plays a big part in it ..

I know some teams last season with extra points; reached that amount and still did not make finals.

I thought the points and salary cap system was for equalisation purposes

Obviously I along with others were wrong

Let face it the whole thing is a joke
When some clubs can offer employment opportunities on a large scale, plus chuck in only a couple of hundred for having a kick on a Saturday when those players are worth a shot load more and everyone in the Comp knows it.

Is the system working ?

For some maybe it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day, clubs can enquire all they want and offer the cash/package they want, but ultimately it is up to the player to agree.

Can’t always blame the clubs for wanting to be the best or stay the best.

At the end of the day, clubs can enquire all they want and offer the cash/package they want, but ultimately it is up to the player to agree.

Can’t always blame the clubs for wanting to be the best or stay the best.
And this is why you need divisions as those that can’t pay and can play others that can or can’t can see clubs moving again if something isn’t done

Any feedback on the fixture? Gone are the days when it was Home and Away now seems to be three home then three away and a bye somewhere in that lot also hope we can get 11 U/19 teams on the park as I fear for that competition.

Looks ok. Two winnable games followed up by a tough run. Should still play finals.

Very impressed with Perri tonight in the intra-club. Looks all class. Youngsters looked good too.

Looks ok. Two winnable games followed up by a tough run. Should still play finals.

Very impressed with Perri tonight in the intra-club. Looks all class. Youngsters looked good too.

Perri look all class. Can get it on the deck or on the lead.An excellent set shot.
Pat Mahoney & Matt Bell had a good duel in the ruck in the final game. The Local Legend wound back the clock!

Overall excellent signs for the Magpies early in the pre season!

Perri will be excellent for you if you can get enough footy to him and he can keep healthy

Was impressed on how hard he worked to get to the contest. Great hands.

Perri look all class. Can get it on the deck or on the lead.An excellent set shot.
Pat Mahoney & Matt Bell had a good duel in the ruck in the final game. The Local Legend wound back the clock!

Overall excellent signs for the Magpies early in the pre season!

A couple of other things I noticed was, how much Layley has trimmed down, O'Sullivan defies his age and Grindlay.

Curious
To see the Senior inter league coach is being advertised. Did that happen last year?
I would’ve thought the incumbents would’ve been given the opportunity or first right of refusal to go around again. Considering the time they put in & have won the past couple a games.

One interesting thing I have noticed that the only sides that have the bye week before or after the Easter and inter league breaks (resulting in three weeks between games) are four sides who didn’t make the finals last year. What do you think the odds of that are? I Calculate it to be 1.51 % chance that not one finalist from last year has three week break this year.

Last edited:
One interesting thing I have noticed that the only sides that have the bye week before or after the Easter and inter league breaks (resulting in three weeks between games) are four sides who didn’t make the finals last year. What do you think the odds of that are? I Calculate it to be 1.51 % chance that not one finalist from last year has three week break this year.
Not surprised at all you can virtually pick the top 7 sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back