RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sterling job by the rams for getting to their 100 year anniversary, if not for two or three people plus some pretty loyal players in the last 3 or 4 years this club would not be operational. Time has come, best support to give the club is honesty surely, the model ain’t working. In two weeks 75 goals against and 1 for. That’s not community footy.

Any report on two big games Riddell v diggers and rupo v Romsey?

Broadford two results look extremely positive for them. On face value both heavy defeats but vastly improved competitiveness and you can see a plan evolving there. Well done.

You’re not going to let this go are you?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before you jump onto your high horse My intentions firstly is one that insures the survival of any club and its History in respect to those that come before and are there now. What are you on about this time jack obviously nice and cosy up at the tank was only pointing out that perhaps some support from the league and clubs to help rock bank move forward and I reckon Lancefield need assistance.
But you would expect that I guess if you ran a comp that was fairdinkum so I’m guessing headquarters will be offering assistance. You said Let it go that’s been the problem it’s been let go to far to the point there are only 11 sides now and 7 third eleven sides.
It’s time for the gold fields to reveal the plan they have talked about for the last 5-6 years as there are clubs in desperate need of assistance .

I'm aware of IMS's stance and he may come out swinging, so I will lead with my chin. No-one likes to see results like Rockbank's yesterday, in both their seniors and reserves. I would like to know why they are so resistant to a move to a competition where they could be more competitive. I appreciate it is only early in the season, but Kilmore are sitting 4th on the NFNL Div 3 ladder and their reserves are sitting 2nd. The move seems to have benefited Kilmore to date.

IMS and I were talking about DG's post before the game had even started. I'm not sure what you can do when guys walk for more money and you simply can't match it. Nobody wants to see those sort of scores and it's a bad look for the league, but will it guarantee a better future?

I thought Bonney was fantastic yesterday and if I'm not mistaken he was in tears at the end of the game. Gray tried hard too.

Too easy to focus on the positives for Wallan, so I won't. Wasteful in front of goal and too often took the wrong option. Better sides won't be so giving. That said, Fowler was amazing and will be a handful for any defender.

sterling job by the rams for getting to their 100 year anniversary, if not for two or three people plus some pretty loyal players in the last 3 or 4 years this club would not be operational. Time has come, best support to give the club is honesty surely, the model ain’t working. In two weeks 75 goals against and 1 for. That’s not community footy.

This is 100% spot on , they have said they have a business plan/ model in place for quite some time now.
It’s clearly not working.
This is not a pot shot at those busting their asses off behind the scenes, things arent working and it needs drastic change.

I get that clubs constantly get outbid for players these days and unfortunately thats what the game has become these days.
But i guarantee that players would stick around if they actually seen some form of improvement or club moving in right direction, this unfortunately hasn’t happened at rockbank and dare i say it they are going backwards and fast.

Nobody wants to see 50 goal drubbings its crap to watch it does shocking things to the recieving clubs players and committees confidence.

I hope rockbank stick around and can turn things about, but its definitely time they give this business model the ass as its a proven failure, dont let ego’s overtake in important decisions
Make the right one for the future of the clubs survival

Any chance Chris could at least find time to do the weekly preview and review? Shocking so far.
I'd like to get more involved but have been in the US for the first two weeks of the RDFNL season and Jess and I are moving to Brisbane in a few weeks for a change of lifestyle.. Grace is doing a top job with so much on her plate.. I'll be the first to admit that I pushed the bar unreasonably high which lead to one of the major reasons to leave.. Grace is making the role more sustainable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rupo Romsey game was a cracker.
One of the best games of footy I have seen in years.
Both sides only had a couple missing .
Romsey seemed to start a bit slow however definitely got into the groove in the second quarter.
Lead changed several times during the day .
Romsey had a shot after the siren that just went left of the big sticks.
Great advertisement for RDFL footy.
As I said ,I haven’t seen a better game in a long time.

I'd like to get more involved but have been in the US for the first two weeks of the RDFNL season and Jess and I are moving to Brisbane in a few weeks for a change of lifestyle.. Grace is doing a top job with so much on her plate.. I'll be the first to admit that I pushed the bar unreasonably high which lead to one of the major reasons to leave.. Grace is making the role more sustainable.

All the best to you guys, Chris.

There was a question raised about the 2 new ovals being built at Woodlea near Rockbank. These grounds are for a new club that will be starting up so it’s only going to get harder for Rockbank. I also think they should head to EDFL or WRFL. EDFL div2 is a better standard than WRFL and I believe the EDFL would welcome them in to eliminate a bye in the higher division.

Thanks so much :) Looking forward to enjoying the RDFNL from a-far .. it was a challenge doing so while in New York. Hope the Pies have an amazing year

Cheers mate. :) Tough losing JD, but reckon the additions add some balance to a good squad.

There was a question raised about the 2 new ovals being built at Woodlea near Rockbank. These grounds are for a new club that will be starting up so it’s only going to get harder for Rockbank. I also think they should head to EDFL or WRFL. EDFL div2 is a better standard than WRFL and I believe the EDFL would welcome them in to eliminate a bye in the higher division.
Yep this discussion I had at Melton south earlier in the year and was smashed on the site ,I still think Div 3 wrfl would be better suited as they could draw players from Melton western suburbs and local and will be competitive and play either in the Wyndham area or DeerPark / Footscray

Yep this discussion I had at Melton south earlier in the year and was smashed on the site ,I still think Div 3 wrfl would be better suited as they could draw players from Melton western suburbs and local and will be competitive and play either in the Wyndham area or DeerPark / Footscray
Changing leagues is not everyone’s first reaction to hardship. Possibly a quicker fix in some cases but often ultimately extremely flawed thinking. The long game is the harder route but it’s the better one most of the time.

Changing leagues is not everyone’s first reaction to hardship. Possibly a quicker fix in some cases but often ultimately extremely flawed thinking. The long game is the harder route but it’s the better one most of the time.
So Dons the responses by a few on here is just a knee jerk reaction, they have had a plan for years and it clearly isn’t working and with Woodlea football club a reality now and if you say having 50 goal losses is going to lead them to a better path, then you are even more disconnected from the issues local footy puts up then you would ever believe.
Being competitive and playing enjoyable football is the first priority to saving the club. So if they moved to Div 3 WRFL and drew players in from the west, noting it is the biggest growth area in the Southern Hemisphere and started being competitive then locals will stay and play you would draw from Melton the west and rockbank area as less travel.
Playing the long end game after struggling for 5-10-15 years will see Woodlea take over the area and rockbank fold into a part of the new club who most probably play WRFL. Kilmore made a choice and are reaping the benefit and they where more competitive then rockbank and a larger town.

Congratulations to two champions of our league this weekend on their milestone games.

Stu Clarke at Diggers for 200 games, has been a staple of the Diggers line up for several years and a great leader for their club.

Tom Mainey, in today’s game of poaching and ridiculous money, this guy could walk into any team he wanted, but hasn’t, he has stuck by the Rockbank FSC every single step of the way. One of the most genuine people I have had the pleasure of meeting and his achievement of 350 games this weekend is significant, not only for Horse, but the club.

Good luck gents
Tom has certainly been a great servant of the club, what a champ! its a pity he hasn't been able to participate in more finals footy! Gav, your right when you say there is crazy money offered to players these days, however there are players like Nathan Blair & Blake Henderson who turned their back on $$$ to play at a club they love, there are also many players at Darley who will not turn their back on the club for $$, I'm sure Nathan Fowler could get more $$ down the road at Crazyburn. The clubs have to build the culture where players want to stay, that's what makes great clubs. Build it & they will come.

Cheers mate. :) Tough losing JD, but reckon the additions add some balance to a good squad.
JD is a massive loss for the competition.. a quality person on and off the field and any club would be lucky to have him .. the sort of person he is I think is a reflection of the culture of the Wallan FNC who have the ability to attract quality people that is reflective of its quality culture.. JD will be a better person for having spent time at the club.

What are the benefits of clubs changing leagues when they are not producing solid on-field/court results?

Many tipped that Kyneton should have left the Bendigo competition when its Senior team went into recess seven years ago.. if that club went elsewhere.. the problems that club faced would still have carried across with them.. a quality league like Bendigo should have been enough to attract interest from quality players to ensure that Kyneton itself didn't go into recess.

For Kyneton, identities Rob Water and Karen O'Sullivan joined the committee and rebuilt the club off the field from the ground up to make it successful. That club could have changed leagues and it wouldn't have done anything for its playing personnel.

Unfortunately our amazing competition has a few struggling teams who are working so incredibly hard to be successful on and off the field with its dedicated volunteers. These clubs have such incredible cultures and if I was in a position personally where I could play and or join their committee, I wouldn't hesitate to get involved in a heart beat.. hopefully over the coming months.. a few new faces around your Lancefield and Rockbank areas arrive in the community and have that desire to work with the volunteers and help improve the various areas that need improving on. Both Senior football teams have quality coaches and with a few more quality players, can turn their fortunes around.

Again, Bendigo is considered one of the best comps in Victoria and if that couldn't attract quality players to Kyneton back in the day.. and for that, I really cannot buy into a change of league magically changing any issues a club has.

Most of you on here know who I am, most of you on here have my number, if not, it's not hard to find, just visit www.rockbankfsc.com.au

Everyone on here can talk about changing leagues until you go blue in the face, there isn't much I can do about it. But I am going to step back from the broad statements about the people involved at Rockbank and talk about me, talk about who I am.

Since I joined the club 6 years ago, there have been good moments and there have been bad moments, and then there have been moments like the start of this year on the football field. We are in Round 2, we won't be changing leagues, and if you want feedback as to why, if you have the inability to read what I have said 100 times already, then feel free to give me a call.

There is one thing that I will tell you about me, I will fight, and I will keep fighting. You might not like me, or like what I have had to say. You might think that what we are trying to put in place isn't working, I don't really care about your noise, I will dust myself off, I will rock up again the next day and try and identify the next best way of improving the club, in all facets.

We will cop floggings this year, I will continue to try to identify ways to improve the situation every single day, it is what I will continue to do until I can't anymore.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just don't care. If you want to put your opinion across, we have training on Tuesday and Thursday nights like everyone else, feel free to pop down, buy a membership and become part of the solution, not the problem, then I will listen to every single concern or idea that you have.

While I am on here, I want to single out a club that actually took this league back to what I remember it five years ago but has sadly disappeared with the internal preservation and single-mindedness that has crept into our clubs. Thanks to Melton Centrals (never thought I would say that) who supported our opening round in every way, no sneaking into the ground, stuck around afterwards and supported our club.

Make no mistake, I take full responsibility for the fact that we haven't been competitive enough on the ground to attract spectators to games and have those spectators engage in supporting the club, but I am sick to death of potshots on here towards the others at the club that bust their ass and can't defend themselves, you want to take shots, take them at me. I am also sick to death of clubs who are so concerned for our "welfare", then rock up to games at our ground, have large chunks of their membership sneak into the ground and those that don't, sneak in their own grog and refuse to support the club at all, then bitch that we are non-competitive. Let's not leave out the whole picking the club apart when they smell blood in the water too.

So, like I said, feel free to unload, take your potshots at me, but nothing will change, especially this year, no matter how many times you want to get on here and say we copped a flogging.

I will continue to fight, starting at 10.30am tomorrow at Ian Cowie Reserve. Feel free to come down and enjoy the festivities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back