Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
JD is a massive loss for the competition.. a quality person on and off the field and any club would be lucky to have him .. the sort of person he is I think is a reflection of the culture of the Wallan FNC who have the ability to attract quality people that is reflective of its quality culture.. JD will be a better person for having spent time at the club.

Beautifully put.

David G

Club Legend
May 8, 2017
Palm cove
AFL Club
Collingwood
Most of you on here know who I am, most of you on here have my number, if not, it's not hard to find, just visit www.rockbankfsc.com.au

Everyone on here can talk about changing leagues until you go blue in the face, there isn't much I can do about it. But I am going to step back from the broad statements about the people involved at Rockbank and talk about me, talk about who I am.

Since I joined the club 6 years ago, there have been good moments and there have been bad moments, and then there have been moments like the start of this year on the football field. We are in Round 2, we won't be changing leagues, and if you want feedback as to why, if you have the inability to read what I have said 100 times already, then feel free to give me a call.

There is one thing that I will tell you about me, I will fight, and I will keep fighting. You might not like me, or like what I have had to say. You might think that what we are trying to put in place isn't working, I don't really care about your noise, I will dust myself off, I will rock up again the next day and try and identify the next best way of improving the club, in all facets.

We will cop floggings this year, I will continue to try to identify ways to improve the situation every single day, it is what I will continue to do until I can't anymore.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just don't care. If you want to put your opinion across, we have training on Tuesday and Thursday nights like everyone else, feel free to pop down, buy a membership and become part of the solution, not the problem, then I will listen to every single concern or idea that you have.

While I am on here, I want to single out a club that actually took this league back to what I remember it five years ago but has sadly disappeared with the internal preservation and single-mindedness that has crept into our clubs. Thanks to Melton Centrals (never thought I would say that) who supported our opening round in every way, no sneaking into the ground, stuck around afterwards and supported our club.

Make no mistake, I take full responsibility for the fact that we haven't been competitive enough on the ground to attract spectators to games and have those spectators engage in supporting the club, but I am sick to death of potshots on here towards the others at the club that bust their ass and can't defend themselves, you want to take shots, take them at me. I am also sick to death of clubs who are so concerned for our "welfare", then rock up to games at our ground, have large chunks of their membership sneak into the ground and those that don't, sneak in their own grog and refuse to support the club at all, then bitch that we are non-competitive. Let's not leave out the whole picking the club apart when they smell blood in the water too.

So, like I said, feel free to unload, take your potshots at me, but nothing will change, especially this year, no matter how many times you want to get on here and say we copped a flogging.

I will continue to fight, starting at 10.30am tomorrow at Ian Cowie Reserve. Feel free to come down and enjoy the festivities.
I know you may think or feel some of us are having a crack at those runnng the club but we ain’t we would never want to see a club close it’s doors and unfortunately due to the way footy is it happens.
We have all said our peace, I see your passion as we all have and will not post negatively in regards to rock bank going forward.
Can you put rockbanks membership packages up on line and let’s do somthing positive I will start off by purchasing a membership. Will be in Melbourne after 12th May for work and will come down and purchase it if you want some assistance i can from a corporate perspective feel free to discuss it with me. Good luck

ChrisThaLedg

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
I know you may think or feel some of us are having a crack at those runnng the club but we ain’t we would never want to see a club close it’s doors and unfortunately due to the way footy is it happens.
We have all said our peace, I see your passion as we all have and will not post negatively in regards to rock bank going forward.
Can you put rockbanks membership packages up on line and let’s do somthing positive I will start off by purchasing a membership. Will be in Melbourne after 12th May for work and will come down and purchase it if you want some assistance i can from a corporate perspective feel free to discuss it with me. Good luck
Great idea Dave =) I bought a membership based on your suggestion .. I won't see a game at all this year but it's a great club to get behind.

https://rockbankfsc.com.au/memberships/

slyone

All Australian
Nov 4, 2008
pascoe vale
AFL Club
Collingwood
Most of you on here know who I am, most of you on here have my number, if not, it's not hard to find, just visit www.rockbankfsc.com.au

Everyone on here can talk about changing leagues until you go blue in the face, there isn't much I can do about it. But I am going to step back from the broad statements about the people involved at Rockbank and talk about me, talk about who I am.

Since I joined the club 6 years ago, there have been good moments and there have been bad moments, and then there have been moments like the start of this year on the football field. We are in Round 2, we won't be changing leagues, and if you want feedback as to why, if you have the inability to read what I have said 100 times already, then feel free to give me a call.

There is one thing that I will tell you about me, I will fight, and I will keep fighting. You might not like me, or like what I have had to say. You might think that what we are trying to put in place isn't working, I don't really care about your noise, I will dust myself off, I will rock up again the next day and try and identify the next best way of improving the club, in all facets.

We will cop floggings this year, I will continue to try to identify ways to improve the situation every single day, it is what I will continue to do until I can't anymore.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I just don't care. If you want to put your opinion across, we have training on Tuesday and Thursday nights like everyone else, feel free to pop down, buy a membership and become part of the solution, not the problem, then I will listen to every single concern or idea that you have.

While I am on here, I want to single out a club that actually took this league back to what I remember it five years ago but has sadly disappeared with the internal preservation and single-mindedness that has crept into our clubs. Thanks to Melton Centrals (never thought I would say that) who supported our opening round in every way, no sneaking into the ground, stuck around afterwards and supported our club.

Make no mistake, I take full responsibility for the fact that we haven't been competitive enough on the ground to attract spectators to games and have those spectators engage in supporting the club, but I am sick to death of potshots on here towards the others at the club that bust their ass and can't defend themselves, you want to take shots, take them at me. I am also sick to death of clubs who are so concerned for our "welfare", then rock up to games at our ground, have large chunks of their membership sneak into the ground and those that don't, sneak in their own grog and refuse to support the club at all, then bitch that we are non-competitive. Let's not leave out the whole picking the club apart when they smell blood in the water too.

So, like I said, feel free to unload, take your potshots at me, but nothing will change, especially this year, no matter how many times you want to get on here and say we copped a flogging.

I will continue to fight, starting at 10.30am tomorrow at Ian Cowie Reserve. Feel free to come down and enjoy the festivities.
I Don't think you have to prove what you have done or what you are doing to anyone Gav, It's a hard gig, if it wasn't for you the place probably would have closed its doors by now. keep punching!

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder

There are plenty of people in our local football landscape who would never dare put themslves into a situation you have, so keep whacking away old mate because like the Slyone points out, it's fair to assume without yourself and a few others there may not even be a Rockbank FC competing right now.

It aint the amount of times we get knocked down in life old mate, but more so the amount of times we get up!!!

For those asking what we’ve been doing, this has taken much of our time in the past few months, massive boost for the club moving forward and a real opportunity to inact significant change that will hopefully drive confidence in the player market. This has been the result of a lot of hard work and I am extremely proud of this.

Now, if everyone could, vote Labor on May 18th ;)

https://www.brendanoconnor.com.au/n...ay-boost-for-rockbank-football-sporting-club/

David G

Club Legend
May 8, 2017
Palm cove
AFL Club
Collingwood
For those asking what we’ve been doing, this has taken much of our time in the past few months, massive boost for the club moving forward and a real opportunity to inact significant change that will hopefully drive confidence in the player market. This has been the result of a lot of hard work and I am extremely proud of this.

Now, if everyone could, vote Labor on May 18th ;)

https://www.brendanoconnor.com.au/n...ay-boost-for-rockbank-football-sporting-club/
Great news let’s vote labour just a question the two ovals across the freeway are they a part of rockbank ? Do you have any info about those ovals and perspective use .
Cheers

Great news let’s vote labour just a question the two ovals across the freeway are they a part of rockbank ? Do you have any info about those ovals and perspective use .
Cheers

The ovals are part of the Aintree estate and are still under the management of the developer. Submissions have been accepted for the use of the grounds, but have been put on hold due to issues with the construction.

My understanding from the meetings that I have attended with council and the developer is that there is currently disputes between council and the developer as to the allocation of the ground, these are all speculative at the moment, but I have been around long enough to know how this one is tracking.

I believe the developer is holding off for their own sporting groups to be established, thus giving them an advantage when it comes to ground allocation, and there is a belief from some that the council wants to allocate the space to Caroline Springs sporting clubs, which would obviously leave us out of the loop.

Looking at the facility, it's not suited to senior football use, the current social facility has no provisions for a bar space and is ideally suited to junior football, from a club perspective, that is where our submission focuses, along with future womens football. The senior club will remain at Ian Cowie Reserve.

AFLL

Senior List
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
You may know being closer to the action IMS, mates sister has moved into the estate there and said the Aintree Junior Football Club has been announced to the residents with plans to play in either the EDFL or the WRFL in the next 24 months starting with juniors. Two full sized senior facilities lighting and pavilion now being used. Apart of a broader community association with a number of other sporting clubs, netball tennis cricket.

Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The ovals are part of the Aintree estate and are still under the management of the developer. Submissions have been accepted for the use of the grounds, but have been put on hold due to issues with the construction.

My understanding from the meetings that I have attended with council and the developer is that there is currently disputes between council and the developer as to the allocation of the ground, these are all speculative at the moment, but I have been around long enough to know how this one is tracking.

I believe the developer is holding off for their own sporting groups to be established, thus giving them an advantage when it comes to ground allocation, and there is a belief from some that the council wants to allocate the space to Caroline Springs sporting clubs, which would obviously leave us out of the loop.

Looking at the facility, it's not suited to senior football use, the current social facility has no provisions for a bar space and is ideally suited to junior football, from a club perspective, that is where our submission focuses, along with future womens football. The senior club will remain at Ian Cowie Reserve.

Once the developers hand the ovals over to the Melton city council, that’s when they will turn to absolute sh*t.

olly21

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2010
vic
AFL Club
Essendon

Its not a good facilty mate out at Aintree at all. Hoping for rockbank and the rdfl that you get the 1.8m for the upgrades. As a casual observer of the league im sure with that money if used wisely, Rockbank football club could become attractive with facilites alone. Hats off to you and your commitee for getting such a big investment from the labour goverment. The wheel will turn slowly, always does in local footy, sew the seeds now and it will come to fruition. Good luck!

David G

Club Legend
May 8, 2017
Palm cove
AFL Club
Collingwood
You may know being closer to the action IMS, mates sister has moved into the estate there and said the Aintree Junior Football Club has been announced to the residents with plans to play in either the EDFL or the WRFL in the next 24 months starting with juniors. Two full sized senior facilities lighting and pavilion now being used. Apart of a broader community association with a number of other sporting clubs, netball tennis cricket.
Disapointing that being so close to rockbank and being established that the are isn’t zoned for rockbank juniors

Humphrey BB

All Australian
Aug 29, 2016
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Black Ducks, Leedy Lions
Rupo to take the choccies in both. What's happened to the U19's at Macedon. Were really strong a cpl of years back, now gone ?
I wonder if they lose under Agers to the bfnl clubs as they have 18’s like Gizzy n Kyneton? Small place though, won’t always be flush with kids coming through.

Humphrey BB

All Australian
Aug 29, 2016
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Black Ducks, Leedy Lions
Anyone know what the go is with the Anzac Day fixture at the Cats, I know it is a great backdrop but they seem to have a mortgage on the fixture? Do they donate all the profits to charity or are they sharing it with Rupo? Is it a part of the great ontime couriers sponsorship package equation perhaps?

Over Refreshed

Debutant
Mar 29, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone know what the go is with the Anzac Day fixture at the Cats, I know it is a great backdrop but they seem to have a mortgage on the fixture? Do they donate all the profits to charity or are they sharing it with Rupo? Is it a part of the great ontime couriers sponsorship package equation perhaps?

Wow
I would’ve thought the whole idea of the stand alone game was the proceeds went to the RSL.
Don’t tell me the elephant in the room is getting fatter on profits from the game. .
I agree swap the host every season then.
Next year ANZAC Day on a Saturday. All clubs will participate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jack_Bauer

All Australian
Jul 29, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Wow
I would’ve thought the whole idea of the stand alone game was the proceeds went to the RSL.
Don’t tell me the elephant in the room is getting fatter on profits from the game. .
I agree swap the host every season then.
Next year ANZAC Day on a Saturday. All clubs will participate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do recall the Macedon Prez saying a few years ago that all proceeds go to the Commando Trust. Not sure about the bar etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dons81

Team Captain
Feb 17, 2013
Backstage
AFL Club
Essendon
I would have thought anything over and above gets donated but bar takings, canteen and that type of thing still go to the club. You need some sort of return for the effort put in. You only get 8 home games per year. The auctions and additional gate takings etc can be donated.

Rupo would have to agree to play Anzac Day to start with. Has anyone picked up the phone and asked Macedon or the league to discuss it.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
On the Macedon FB page it says GC entry before 1pm with all money going to The Commandos Welfare Trust.

This too.

"CORPORAL CAMERON BAIRD VC MG MEMORIAL GIFT.

This year in conjunction with the Macedon Junior FNC we are including a new event.
At half time of the senior football match on Anzac Day we are hosting the inaugural RDFNL Anzac Day inter-club 120m sprint.
Two races, one for U17’s and one for seniors. Each club is invited to field one player per race.
We are also excited to announce the race will be named in honour of, and in commemoration of Victoria Cross and Medal of Gallantry recipient Corporal Cameron Baird.
Cameron was an outstanding footballer who played junior football in the Riddell league.

$250 for U17’s race winner
$500 for senior race winner
$500 donation to the trust.
Please come along and show your support."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back