RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was probably the pick of their players.

What a sensational win by Wallan. To a man they never took a backward step and set the standard early. I said the start was the key and they didn't disappoint. I thought Morris was great and young Mahoney in the ruck worked tirelessly all day. Really good bunch of young kids all played well. Mannix was inspirational and Grindlay has worked himself back to his best.

Credit to the coaching group too. Very good job today.

How did Perri go?

Macedon already looking for a new coach and a new Ruckman, Tommy has been a great servant for them and was instrumental in helping them win a flag. Not sure where Ben is going however good luck to him wherever he goes and to Tommy at Lancefield.

Was probably the pick of their players.

What a sensational win by Wallan. To a man they never took a backward step and set the standard early. I said the start was the key and they didn't disappoint. I thought Morris was great and young Mahoney in the ruck worked tirelessly all day. Really good bunch of young kids all played well. Mannix was inspirational and Grindlay has worked himself back to his best.

Credit to the coaching group too. Very good job today.

Wallan were super today, thought they were cooked and just making up numbers a few weeks ago but looked anything but today. Riddells discipline let them down again in the first qtr 150 mtr penalty giving wallan momentum kicking against the wind and they never looked back.
Dirty day for riddell all teams bombing out across footy and netball

Wallan were super today, thought they were cooked and just making up numbers a few weeks ago but looked anything but today. Riddells discipline let them down again in the first qtr 150 mtr penalty giving wallan momentum kicking against the wind and they never looked back.
Dirty day for riddell all teams bombing out across footy and netball

I had a good feeling about today this morning just through chatting to my boy over the last couple of days. He assured me there was a belief which some of us probably didn't have. I think it was probably the best win I've seen in 4 years.

I had a good feeling about today this morning just through chatting to my boy over the last couple of days. He assured me there was a belief which some of us probably didn't have. I think it was probably the best win I've seen in 4 years.
Great win mate, Wallan defeating Riddell is a great scalp for them, Saturday Ressies and Sunday Seniors for you blokes next week?

Great win mate, Wallan defeating Riddell is a great scalp for them, Saturday Ressies and Sunday Seniors for you blokes next week?

Cheers mate. Yep.

Disappointing to see poor discipline and stupidity come back to haunt Riddell again under pressure. Unfortunately will always be the case as long as some of them are encouraged.

Riddell have the best top end players in the comp so it’s a shame they keep falling over in the finals. Lots to review at bomberland.

Wallan were sensational and I must admit I gave them no chance based on results against the best teams. Huge result and they should have no fears next week against Romsey.

Riddell poor discipline disappointing but surely not surprising. Been happening too long and very easy for opposing sides to get on top when they explode and self capitulate. Seems crap behaviour is encouraged there though from an outsiders perspective.

I haven't been able to get to a game for a while due to commitments in other leagues, but I have to agree about the discipline. I was walking around the boundary and the abuse from a group of supporters was terrible. Calling the umpire/s a cheat, and just general foul language. Worst of them all was some 80 year old woman.

Wallan were very good and certainly played above themselves. Well done.

I definitely owe Wallan an apology. Based on results throughout the year and previous years I gave them little hope of having any impact come finals. Have to agree with the discipline comments, but I think judging the whole team that way is a bit unfair. Ross just works tirelessly up and down the ground and seemed like he was having to focus on his teammates behavior and calming a few down as opposed to him solely focused on accumulating the ball. I did not see anything from big nolan either who is normally a bit of a scapegoat for things like this but he was well in control to. I just don't see what the need was for some Riddell players to go down that path after events of the past. Wallan came out and really took it to them, they looked ready to go and actually played well across the day with how they linked up as a team and seemed to adapt to conditions far better. Riddell needed to respond with action at winning the ball and bridging the gap but the wallan confidence kept building. Shraven was dynamic through the middle, he torched the riddell mids. Riddell player body language I said to my mate from the first goal was poor. Can't knock sahlberg, he gave his all his first half especially was pretty impressive. I think I sat there thinking at some point the bombers will just put 4-5 goals in a row as they often do and take the game back and in the third it looked that way. Wallans credit they came to win and win they did, that's a big win in a final for them. There team was balanced and the young kids did well. Well done Wallan. Backing it up will be the battle but of all the top 4 remaining I think Romsey is gettable.

I definitely owe Wallan an apology. Based on results throughout the year and previous years I gave them little hope of having any impact come finals. Have to agree with the discipline comments, but I think judging the whole team that way is a bit unfair. Ross just works tirelessly up and down the ground and seemed like he was having to focus on his teammates behavior and calming a few down as opposed to him solely focused on accumulating the ball. I did not see anything from big nolan either who is normally a bit of a scapegoat for things like this but he was well in control to. I just don't see what the need was for some Riddell players to go down that path after events of the past. Wallan came out and really took it to them, they looked ready to go and actually played well across the day with how they linked up as a team and seemed to adapt to conditions far better. Riddell needed to respond with action at winning the ball and bridging the gap but the wallan confidence kept building. Shraven was dynamic through the middle, he torched the riddell mids. Riddell player body language I said to my mate from the first goal was poor. Can't knock sahlberg, he gave his all his first half especially was pretty impressive. I think I sat there thinking at some point the bombers will just put 4-5 goals in a row as they often do and take the game back and in the third it looked that way. Wallans credit they came to win and win they did, that's a big win in a final for them. There team was balanced and the young kids did well. Well done Wallan. Backing it up will be the battle but of all the top 4 remaining I think Romsey is gettable.
I don’t think anyone is blaming the full team. Riddell has many great players who play team footy but since Scoble left they have had trouble reigning in some of the players who put their own emotions ahead of the team. It’s become a cultural issue for them.

The way some of them conduct themselves is an insult to the people who do the right thing. It’s the little things that show so much sometimes and they are not pulled up for things that just shouldn’t be tolerated.

Well done to wallan! I don’t think many gave them a chance, I know I didn’t. Didn’t see the game but heard there was 4 or 5 fifty’s from riddell in the first half which shows they haven’t learnt from seasons past. Shocking day for them with all teams being knocked out on the one day. They need to clear out some of those guys imo or nothing will change.
Romsey were terrible on the weekend and if wasn’t for the conditions it would have been a 80 point loss. Second year in a row they have been putrid in their first final. They didn’t kick a goal with the breeze in the first quarter and the game was over. Diggers just did what they had to. I know romsey had a few players out but it wouldn’t have mattered with the way they played.
Macedon were equally as bad on Sunday and I’m not sure where there going to be at next year with rumours of departures, lack of depth and no 19s. They are also the worst supported club in the comp, there was barely anyone there on Sunday. In saying that Rupo looked slick especially early and were 6 or 7 goals up in a blink of an eye. Heatherington, Murphy and co were sharp especially early and put them to the sword. Not sure if Macedon know who Brett chambers is but he wears number 4 and you should try and avoid kicking it to him. Good to see mcrorie back out there as well although he looked like he hasn’t played for a while he still looks a class above at times. Thought swallow even though he played forward all game was very good as well.
Well done to the winners hopefully we get some closer games next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think anyone is blaming the full team. Riddell has many great players who play team footy but since Scoble left they have had trouble reigning in some of the players who put their own emotions ahead of the team. It’s become a cultural issue for them.

The way some of them conduct themselves is an insult to the people who do the right thing. It’s the little things that show so much sometimes and they are not pulled up for things that just shouldn’t be tolerated.
Couldn’t agree more! Embarrassing to watch the way a few of them behave. Coaches have to take some of the responsibility

Well done to wallan! I don’t think many gave them a chance, I know I didn’t. Didn’t see the game but heard there was 4 or 5 fifty’s from riddell in the first half which shows they haven’t learnt from seasons past. Shocking day for them with all teams being knocked out on the one day. They need to clear out some of those guys imo or nothing will change.
Romsey were terrible on the weekend and if wasn’t for the conditions it would have been a 80 point loss. Second year in a row they have been putrid in their first final. They didn’t kick a goal with the breeze in the first quarter and the game was over. Diggers just did what they had to. I know romsey had a few players out but it wouldn’t have mattered with the way they played.
Macedon were equally as bad on Sunday and I’m not sure where there going to be at next year with rumours of departures, lack of depth and no 19s. They are also the worst supported club in the comp, there was barely anyone there on Sunday. In saying that Rupo looked slick especially early and were 6 or 7 goals up in a blink of an eye. Heatherington, Murphy and co were sharp especially early and put them to the sword. Not sure if Macedon know who Brett chambers is but he wears number 4 and you should try and avoid kicking it to him. Good to see mcrorie back out there as well although he looked like he hasn’t played for a while he still looks a class above at times. Thought swallow even though he played forward all game was very good as well.
Well done to the winners hopefully we get some closer games next week.

Going on what Humphrey said to with tankard stepping aside I think Macedon are in real trouble, I posted last week Knox Collins and waters all gone they are potentially in real strife, agree they are one of the worst supported clubs in the rdfl.
Someone from riddell needs to pull young crofty up and maybe have a bit of chat to him, playing the hero isn’t tough and I don’t think I have enough fingers to count how many times he would have cost his side goals or momentum, shame because when he wants to play footy he’s quite talented

Going on what Humphrey said to with tankard stepping aside I think Macedon are in real trouble, I posted last week Knox Collins and waters all gone they are potentially in real strife, agree they are one of the worst supported clubs in the rdfl.
Someone from riddell needs to pull young crofty up and maybe have a bit of chat to him, playing the hero isn’t tough and I don’t think I have enough fingers to count how many times he would have cost his side goals or momentum, shame because when he wants to play footy he’s quite talented
Yeah no offence to Knox who has had some great years he looks finished. Waters is still going well, super player who’s best and worst games aren’t that far apart. Battled well on the weekend as per usual. Collins is a neat player as well.
Yeah I think everyone knows Croft and tarcson are the main offenders who both on their days are damaging players. But when under pressure they both lose the plot. Tarcson is probably more frustrating because he has the potential to be a gun of the competition.

Yeah Knox done also, I’d imagine just guessing that Cooke could end up at Sunbury Lions, just a guess though.

Surely the powers that be at Macedon were all over the possible movements. Tough call for Tankard, but if the club hadn't actively looked to secure/keep him and the phone was ringing I guess he had to seek other potential options.
Were Macedon hoppeful Waters could be their man?

Does Markworth play on? What about the 3-4 young blokes looking to travel overseas for a fair chunk of 2020?

Is this the makings for a genuine rebuild job, if not a bottom out altogether if up to 10-12 starting senior players go, without an Under 19s squad feeding from the bottom end up?

Surely the powers that be at Macedon were all over the possible movements. Tough call for Tankard, but if the club hadn't actively looked to secure/keep him and the phone was ringing I guess he had to seek other potential options.

Does Markworth play on? What about the 3-4 young blokes looking to travel overseas for a fair chunk of 2020?

Is this the makings for a genuine rebuild job, if not a bottom out altogether if up to 10-12 starting senior players go, without an Under 19s squad feeding from the bottom end up?

If they lose that many players the point system makes the rebuild nearly impossible...

If they lose that many players the point system makes the rebuild nearly impossible...
The points system is fast becoming the football equivalent of the Cane Toad. Introduced to eradicate something undesirable but has completely ruined the entire environment.

Many parts of it that should be kept but needs a major overhaul. It’s weighted far too heavily towards clubs in high population areas with access to juniors.

Was told Sunday that Macedon informed tankard before finals his budget for next season would only be 40k that would make a re-build extremely hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back