RDFNL 2019 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romsey pick up another home final which is not bad going. Should be an interesting game. Do Wallan go in as favourites?

Not so sure we do, but gee I reckon they'll give it another red hot crack with absolutely nothing to lose.

Romsey pick up another home final which is not bad going. Should be an interesting game. Do Wallan go in as favourites?
I think if they win this week they will end up playing 3 in a row at home, but the GF is at Clarke so then would have to play there. Nah Romsey still faves I’d imagine, anything come of the Tarcson coat hanger, seemed a pretty ordinary attempt to tackle.

I think if they win this week they will end up playing 3 in a row at home, but the GF is at Clarke so then would have to play there. Nah Romsey still faves I’d imagine, anything come of the Tarcson coat hanger, seemed a pretty ordinary attempt to tackle.

Yeah. Plenty.
Tarczon got straight up, Riddell got their free kick reversed & gave away 100m penalty. Cost them a goal.
Happened in the first quarter, Tarczon played the whole game.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Big game, decent player who is prone to the niggle in a side who easily loses focus. Could only imagine the carryon on this forum if it were done by others in this league, that’s all.

It was a clumsy attempt at a tackle but I don’t think you can give any more than a free kick given it was in play. Pretty stiff on Tarczon that his mates got the free kick reversed.
Fair enough then, As long as it stays only a free kick then for all players for the rest of the year.

Not really sure what you are referring to but yeah you would think an identical incident should be adjudicated the same.
Just referring to some of the talk from last years GF where there was a send off and blokes got reported, perhaps just paying a free kick might be the go, the umps just need to be consistent on this stuff no matter the game or the team.

Fair enough then, As long as it stays only a free kick then for all players for the rest of the year.

Not trying to put someone in are ya? I thought only the bombers did that.

The lad apologised to Tarczon. Tarczon didn’t react, was in the process of having he’s shot at goal when he’s Riddell teammates got the free kick reversed.

Move on. Play on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just referring to some of the talk from last years GF where there was a send off and blokes got reported, perhaps just paying a free kick might be the go, the umps just need to be consistent on this stuff no matter the game or the team.
Very different incidents but agree with your general sentiments.

Not trying to put someone in are ya? I thought only the bombers did that.

The lad apologised to Tarczon. Tarczon didn’t react, was in the process of having he’s shot at goal when he’s Riddell teammates got the free kick reversed.

Move on. Play on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nope not trying to put anyone in, not at all. Yep jog on as u say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not so sure we do, but gee I reckon they'll give it another red hot crack with absolutely nothing to lose.

yeah fantastic last week and I dont mean this in a negative way but it gives the senior team credibility and i guess reward for the hard work over the last few years. Is it their first final win in over a decade? Romsey were terrible last week so hopefully you guys take that momentum and win another one.

yeah fantastic last week and I dont mean this in a negative way but it gives the senior team credibility and i guess reward for the hard work over the last few years. Is it their first final win in over a decade? Romsey were terrible last week so hopefully you guys take that momentum and win another one.

First senior final win in 18-19 years !

As much as it was a backs to the wall win, I think it was one they just had to have after building over the last 4 years. To do it with so many out just makes it a bit more special.

Really looking forward to the weekend and with a bit of luck I can get to Sunbury for the last two games on Saturday.

40k to spend in total
If that’s correct then that works out to be $100 per player each week.
Again if correct there will be a huge fall from grace coming Macedons way.
No under 19’s and very poor depth and player shortages in the 2nds it’s not looking good.

In this day and age unfortunately if you want to be successful you need to to spend , not necessarily spend the most but spend wisely on the right players.

I honestly can’t see how they think they will be in the mix with this sort of budget, to me it’s like waving the white flag before the ball is even bounced in 2020.

A rebuild in this day and age will take a very long time with the points system, but if the powers that be think this is the right path for Macedon to go down then good luck to them, they are certainly going to need it.
This would clearly be the reason why ben tankard stepped down as it makes it very hard for him to recruit and put a decent team out on the park with those sort of figures as a player budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
No under 19’s and very poor depth and player shortages in the 2nds it’s not looking good.

In this day and age unfortunately if you want to be successful you need to to spend , not necessarily spend the most but spend wisely on the right players.

I honestly can’t see how they think they will be in the mix with this sort of budget, to me it’s like waving the white flag before the ball is even bounced in 2020.

A rebuild in this day and age will take a very long time with the points system, but if the powers that be think this is the right path for Macedon to go down then good luck to them, they are certainly going to need it.
This would clearly be the reason why ben tankard stepped down as it makes it very hard for him to recruit and put a decent team out on the park with those sort of figures as a player budget.
I have no idea if this is true but there is 2-3 clubs spending more than this on Netball and I’m pretty sure Macedon is one of them. Certainly they have been over the last few years. May live to regret that if the rumours are true.

If you read the article about him stepping down he is quoted in saying “
We’ve been in discussion for four to five weeks now and the club is looking to go in a different direction and looking at a rebuild”
I think that says it all there.
Could tankard possibly end up at woodend?

If you read the article about him stepping down he is quoted in saying “
We’ve been in discussion for four to five weeks now and the club is looking to go in a different direction and looking at a rebuild”
I think that says it all there.
Could tankard possibly end up at woodend?
Woodend from what I’m hearing are trying to land Paul Chapman

I have no idea if this is true but there is 2-3 clubs spending more than this on Netball and I’m pretty sure Macedon is one of them. Certainly they have been over the last few years. May live to regret that if the rumours are true.

$40 k on netball ?
Wow !
Times have changed

How does he (Tankard) rate compared to the other coaches in comp ? As he has some good cattle to work with in recent times.
Does he though? Andrews had Macedon playing a very well constructed press in 2017 that probably shielded some guys by trapping the ball in their half. I don’t think their bottom 6 has changed that much in quality but they are getting less protection now. Their backline has been horribly exposed against some teams for sheer lack of quality.

Very hard to judge a coach from the outside in my view.

Does he though? Andrews had Macedon playing a very well constructed press in 2017 that probably shielded some guys by trapping the ball in their half. I don’t think their bottom 6 has changed that much in quality but they are getting less protection now. Their backline has been horribly exposed against some teams for sheer lack of quality.

Very hard to judge a coach from the outside in my view.
No Summerfield, McConnell, Christiansen, Harrison, Henderson, Kilmartin, Mills, Clough, Barnett in 2019 makes it hard to compare the two squads and coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back