RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Halffullonfence

All Australian
May 31, 2006
on a mountain
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t know but i heard Broadford are talking about over 20k difference with the comp they want to join
Wasn't interested in the Broadford issue was only interested in the EDFL and RDFNL differences, and if it was like changing gas or power or the like and you get a honeymoon price for the first 12 to 24 months and then get a full price which is worse than you were first on.

Apparently email from rdfnl sent to clubs stating what you owe to head office ie goldfields and rdfnl as at 1 November 2019 will be deducted from salary cap for 2020.

Wasn't interested in the Broadford issue was only interested in the EDFL and RDFNL differences, and if it was like changing gas or power or the like and you get a honeymoon price for the first 12 to 24 months and then get a full price which is worse than you were first on.
Sorry to bore you

I’m not sure what the difference is in fees but surely saving money isn’t the reason for a RDFL club to move to the EDFL. We have a salary cap of $110K, your first year in EDFL you are moving to an inferior comp with a salary cap of $145K and if you win there and go up Div 1 salary cap is $190K which you will need to spend every bit of to be competitive.

I’m not sure what the difference is in fees but surely saving money isn’t the reason for a RDFL club to move to the EDFL. We have a salary cap of $110K, your first year in EDFL you are moving to an inferior comp with a salary cap of $145K and if you win there and go up Div 1 salary cap is $190K which you will need to spend every bit of to be competitive.

What’s to say Rupo won’t go straight into Div 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough years ago the players at Gisborne were canvassed about moving to the BFL, they said don’t change. Maybe the Rupo players will think the same, the EDFL does seem a little bit dinkum in the whole scheme of it.

What’s to say Rupo won’t go straight into Div 1?

I don’t know how it all works but have heard in the past that you have to start in div 2.
For Rupo’s sake if they do go I would hope they go straight to div 1 because playing in div 2 would be a waste of a year.
That still goes back to my original point though, if that’s what Rupo is aiming for the reason for leaving can’t be fees related if your moving from a $110k salary cap to $190k cap?

I don’t know how it all works but have heard in the past that you have to start in div 2.
For Rupo’s sake if they do go I would hope they go straight to div 1 because playing in div 2 would be a waste of a year.
That still goes back to my original point though, if that’s what Rupo is aiming for the reason for leaving can’t be fees related if your moving from a $110k salary cap to $190k cap?

Of course that’s not the reason but I was just highlighting that RDFL fees are pretty high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch some Div 1 games EDfL rupo would Finnish bottom 2 GTEE

Ahhh you’ve been waiting for a chance to pot Rupo haven’t you Dave. Been pretty tough since that emphatic finals series and grand final day ay? As I always say Dave, time will tell, time will tell ;)

Ahhh you’ve been waiting for a chance to pot Rupo haven’t you Dave. Been pretty tough since that emphatic finals series and grand final day ay? As I always say Dave, time will tell, time will tell ;)

Wrong mate you been waiting to pot me I’ve supported ruppo but won’t be competitive in prem div EDFL great they finally got over the line this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back