RDFNL 2020 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff.

Last Sunday, the RDFNL was honoured to play a part in the BlazeAid fundraiser organised by Scott Trezise and the Riddell Football Netball Club.

In total, $27,433.00 was raised which included a $2,800 cheque that was delivered to the local CFA.

Thanks to all involved and J8 Photography for the photos on the day.

Being very far removed from Goldfields and its competitions now.. my views shouldn't count for much but I still do have a lot of great friends involved in the leagues .. but from what I continue to hear.. there is a lot of genuine concern for the short term future of Goldfields.. I really hope things pick up and turn around..

Being very far removed from Goldfields and its competitions now.. my views shouldn't count for much but I still do have a lot of great friends involved in the leagues .. but from what I continue to hear.. there is a lot of genuine concern for the short term future of Goldfields.. I really hope things pick up and turn around..
I believe that the issue is larger than Goldfields alone, across the state there's a growing unease at the way that the game is being administered by the powers that be.

I believe that the issue is larger than Goldfields alone, across the state there's a growing unease at the way that the game is being administered by the powers that be.
It's a big shame.. up here football is evolving incredibly successfully with at least half a million players across all demographics on the Gold Coast alone .. and it's going upwards.. what appear to be the key issues in Vic?
I know up here many people are turning to AFL (maybe not at AFL matches) and I'd suspect it's beyond the novelty idea.

It's a big shame.. up here football is evolving incredibly successfully with at least half a million players across all demographics on the Gold Coast alone .. and it's going upwards.. what appear to be the key issues in Vic?
I know up here many people are turning to AFL (maybe not at AFL matches) and I'd suspect it's beyond the novelty idea.
Half a million? The Gold Coast population is only half a million. I'd be checking those figures.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not peeing in anyone’s pocket, however I think Lancefield getting big Tommy back is the way to go. Looks like the key he sees is getting back Local 1 pointers who are good players. Have thought for a long while that clubs who get coaches who bring their own group of players is a floored model.hasnt worked at Kyneton a couple of times, Didn’t work at Woodend with Carlan, didn’t work at Lancefield with the bloke from downtown and at plenty of others. Also think they’re realistic at what they’re doing and wanna achieve, unlike some clubs no longer in this league they’re not looking to sell the farm to win a flag and head to the basement the next year. Well done to all involved.

all that and no mention of the R word club, Dave will be pleased!!!!!

Not peeing in anyone’s pocket, however I think Lancefield getting big Tommy back is the way to go. Looks like the key he sees is getting back Local 1 pointers who are good players. Have thought for a long while that clubs who get coaches who bring their own group of players is a floored model.hasnt worked at Kyneton a couple of times, Didn’t work at Woodend with Carlan, didn’t work at Lancefield with the bloke from downtown and at plenty of others. Also think they’re realistic at what they’re doing and wanna achieve, unlike some clubs no longer in this league they’re not looking to sell the farm to win a flag and head to the basement the next year. Well done to all involved.

Tom is as genuine and passionate of a person that you'll find in the competition and his commitment to doing not only what is best for the league, but of any club he is part of, is to be admired.. Lancefield has so many quality people involved on and off the field and it's only better for having Tom as part of its next exciting chapter.

Agree with all of this. But worth acknowledging that Chris Collins (and others) started this process 2 years ago, including getting Tommy back to the club. Chris won't be recognized as a premiership coach but it was he who set the foundations for the turnaround from ordinary to premiership in 07, 08, 09, and again he has done the grunt work in the tough times for the tiges. Here's hoping they get rewarded again, and Collo is remembered for his passion for a great club.

You had to add the R in 😂😂😂

If I’ve missed it sorry, but what finals structure are we running next? Is it a top 5 how does it work?

If I’ve missed it sorry, but what finals structure are we running next? Is it a top 5 how does it work?

It’s a gonna be a top 5

Week 1
A: 2nd vs 3rd - Q.Final
B: 4th vs 5th - E. Final
1st has the week off

Week 2
C: 1st vs Winner A - 2nd Semi
D: Loser A vs Winner B - 1st Semi

Week 3
E: Loser C vs Winner D - P. Final

Week 4
F: Winner C vs Winner E - G. Final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a gonna be a top 5

Week 1
A: 2nd vs 3rd - Q.Final
B: 4th vs 5th - E. Final
1st has the week off

Week 2
C: 1st vs Winner A - 2nd Semi
D: Loser A vs Winner B - 1st Semi

Week 3
E: Loser C vs Winner D - P. Final

Week 4
F: Winner C vs Winner E - G. Final.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cheers mate, that actually looks good

Massive signing by Lancefield of James Falcone. Will carve up the league.
Looks like the tigers have managed to bring a few back.
Let’s hope they stay for the long haul and don’t pack up and run off looking for greener pastures again at the end of the year. Having a competitive Lancefield will be great for the competition.

So with the talk of "mass gatherings" being banned amd footy being played at empty stadiums, one must ask what is constituted as a "mass gathering" and is this going to affect local footy?

So with the talk of "mass gatherings" being banned amd footy being played at empty stadiums, one must ask what is constituted as a "mass gathering" and is this going to affect local footy?

I would think if it got to that point then weddings, bdays, going shopping etc would also be banned. No expert but would think that is a long way off.

I would think if it got to that point then weddings, bdays, going shopping etc would also be banned. No expert but would think that is a long way off.

Agreed. We've just got back from 2 weeks overseas and people, despite the rediculous stock pilers, seem to be carrying on with life as usual.

If he is any good he could do that against two sides, let’s see how he goes on the better back men in the league. Mind u lancefield mid unit needs to also get the ball first?

50 plus from an onballer would put Lancefield in good stead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back