RDFNL 2021 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So guys, what sort of options are we looking at?

At a guess, I think no games for the next 2 weeks. No offence to any team, but I don't see the top 4 changing. EDFL forum has thrown around a top 6 finals series if the season is shortened and we've done this before, so it would be easy to implement and give players something to aim for. Thoughts?

2 week final system
First week Macedon vs Riddell winner plays Wallan in grand final 👌🤣🎯👍🍺

Why is our comp always one of the last to make an announcement of what is going to happen?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm expecting round 13 along with (hopefully) 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 then the finals. Touchwood we'll get a confirmed GF date and venues soon too.

Correct. Would be very surprised if RDFNL plan is not made public later today. They will have a whole number of things to consider.
So did every other league who seemed to be prepared for the announcement yesterday. Just saying.

So did every other league who seemed to be prepared for the announcement yesterday. Just saying.

The preparations were done, unfortunately, with the announcement of the two weeks before the current restriction would be reviewed, it put a spanner in the works for some clubs, particularly those with two home games over that period. Therefore the discussions shifted, so maybe speak to your club, as the ongoing discussions are to find a fair and reasonable resolution for those that can't generate revenue through the next two weeks minimum.

It's not free to put sides out on the ground, in fact, it's bloody expensive, so the clubs are well within their rights to have those concerns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good afternoon,

The RDFNL are pleased to announce the return of community sport this Saturday 31st July after yesterdays announcement from the Victorian State Government.
Thanks to all clubs for getting back to us regarding their preference between option 1 & 2 earlier this week. Due to a overwhelming majority, the RDFNL are pleased to announce the following season structure for the remainder of the 2021 RDFNL Senior Season.

Please note the new season structure below:

• Round 11 Saturday 31st July
  • Round 12 Saturday 7th August
  • Round 13 Saturday 14th August
  • Round 14 Saturday 21st August
  • Round 15 Saturday 28th August
  • Round 16 Saturday September 4th
  • Round 17 Saturday September 11th
  • Round 18 Saturday September 18th

Finals Dates:

• Semi Final Friday September 24th at Lancefield Recreation Reserve
  • Semi Final Friday September 24th at Romsey Recreation Reserve
  • Grand Final Sunday October 3rd at Romsey Recreation Reserve

The finals structure will be a top 4 system, with 1v4 and 2v3, with winners going straight through to the Grand Final, and losers eliminated.

The next 2 weeks is going to be a difficult challenge for clubs without having crowds. We thank clubs for getting football and netball back this weekend. The RDFNL will do everything we can to support our clubs during this time.

Further information regarding protocols for this weekend will be released once we receive them from AFL Victoria.

I wonder what the leagues definition is of a overwhelming majority is

my discussions with a few people from
different clubs arent In favour of going ahead.

I wonder what the leagues definition is of a overwhelming majority is

my discussions with a few people from
different clubs arent In favour of going ahead.

PFFFFFT.Im guessing these clubs are closer to the bottom than top of table?What are the reasons for these clubs not wanting to go ahead?So you reckon 23 football teams and 25ish?netball teams should miss out on a game due to the minority?

PFFFFFT.Im guessing these clubs are closer to the bottom than top of table?What are the reasons for these clubs not wanting to go ahead?So you reckon 23 football teams and 25ish?netball teams should miss out on a game due to the minority?

Minority of players get paid, Majority of players play for the love, If the minority acted more like the majority and did not have the hands out there would be no conversation to be had!

Minority of players get paid, Majority of players play for the love, If the minority acted more like the majority and did not have the hands out there would be no conversation to be had!
i
1627538327590.jpeg
I take it you where always last picked in the in the schoolyard for the shirts off team.Also guessing not good enough to be paid when (or if )you do (did)?
Whats the money got to do with playing or not?

9 teams what constitutes a vast majority?

at least 6 out of the 9 I would suggest.
I doubt they had that many in favour of the current proposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back