RDFNL 2022 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange move when you think WRFL now has netball.

Could have been a good point of difference for the Rams - only team in the Melton area who is playing in WRFL.

Also they would be very competitive in Division 3.

Hope they pull through.
W
Any truth to the rumour Western Rams have parted ways with their Coach?
Watch this space on rams massive things going on

Correct

I’ll be suprised if there is any club left next year

Lot of unhappy players related to the attempted move to the Wrfl

Wanting to try keep the club in the rdfl due to netball may have sunk the entire club
Either that or some of the players go with an ex disgruntled fella to Darley reserves lololol

Rams going no where they will improve

Kinglake was cleared from Outer East to Northern by AFL Victoria today.

This leaves Alexandra and Broadford-Yea stranded almost an hour away from their nearest opponent.

I think you might see both these clubs (which could become three if B-Y de-merges) looking towards the Riddell league.

Outer East is in a shambles at present.

Kinglake was cleared from Outer East to Northern by AFL Victoria today.

This leaves Alexandra and Broadford-Yea stranded almost an hour away from their nearest opponent.

I think you might see both these clubs (which could become three if B-Y de-merges) looking towards the Riddell league.

Outer East is in a shambles at present.
Big trip to Melton, diggers and Rockbank for Alexandra.

Wouldn’t they be better going to NFNL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for the Bowen Medal

A good night so far for, Wallan.

Club OTY, Reserves's B & F in Matty Traynor, 19.5 B & F in Spencer Whittingham, Bendigo Bank POTY as voted by the Senior coaches, Corey Grindlay.

So just how do you win the Club of the year? Well, here it is for those who don't know. Well done to the top 3 clubs.

RDFNL By-Law 91 Club of the Year Award:

The League may arrange an award each season for the club judged the club of the year, which is considered to have conducted its affairs during the season in the most efficient and lawful manner conducive to the best administrative practices of a football club and most disciplined club within the League. Criteria for determining Club of the Year as follows:

• Starting balance of 500 points
• Add total points from the umpire ratings.
• For Under 19.5 comp, any club which does not have an Under 19.5 team, use the average of all clubs
• For Under 19.5 comp, average out each club in the event of uneven fixture (if we end up with uneven affiliation numbers).
• Deduct 10 points for each individual rating of zero in the umpire ratings
• Deduct 10 points per week that a club player is suspended (either set penalty, or tribunal verdict)
• Deduct 10 points for each fine handed down, as per umpire match report sheet
• Deduct 50 points for failing to have club attendance at an RDFNL mandatory meeting, inclusive of coach & umpire forum
• Deduct 20 points for failing to supply club notes prior to weekly deadline
• Points deduction for aged debt as at August 1st. 2 points per $100 in the 61-90 day category, 5 points per $100 in the 90+ day category.

I found it a bit strange Tom was quoted as saying he wanted to focus on his own football, surely he's at a stage in his career that it's not about him anymore?

I don’t think anyone can begrudge someone from taking a step back of the rigours of senior coaching considering the associated hours, commitment that’s required as well as extremely taxing Covid interrupted seasons.

He might be happy just turning up to training on time and enjoy a run around.
Either way it’s good that Lancefield has retained him in a playing role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back